My husband and our friends (also a couple) decided to take a trip down to Key West for a couple of days in February. We took the Key West Express from Fort Myers Beach on Feb 14 and left by car (boat was cancelled due to bad weather) on Saturday the 16th.
The hotel was in a great location. A block from Duval one way and a few blocks to the Southernmost point of the United States the other way. We booked a double queen bed room during high season for about $300 a night with tax. We walked everywhere over the the couple of days we were there except when we had to go to the airport to rent a car on Saturday. It's about a half hour cab ride to the airport.
The hotel was clean, the room was spacious and the staff was very friendly. They also were very helpful when assisting us with booking a snorkeling trip (also cancelled due to weather).
This was our first trip to Key West and despite some travel woes, we had a GREAT time. We dined at 2 great restaurants, one was a little place called 2cents where the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was incredible. We also dined at Latitudes which was located on it's own island and was amazing. Generally, I wouldn't expect much from Florida restaurants especially in tourist traps, but both these spots knocked our socks off. Key West is a place to party and party we did after both our meals. I'm pretty sure we stopped at the best spots in and around the strip and there were still a ton more to explore on our next trip.
Oh, one tip: Buy the buy one get one free drink card. We got ours at the marina when we docked from the Key West Express. If nothing else, it's an excuse to try different spots that you might not find on your own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Duval Street and downtown Key West, then return to your cool spacious room at our Key West hotel.Located at the southernmost point of the state, visitors at our Key West hotel are here to enjoy paradise. We offer free parking, and we’re just one block away from famous Duval Street. While parking is free, most guests don’t need a car since you can walk to the area’s best attractions. The beach is three blocks away, and guests feel right at home in a quiet neighborhood that’s close to everything.From Fantasy Fest to World Offshore Powerboat Races, there’s always something exciting happening near our Key West hotel. The World Sailfish Championship is held here, and the Hemingway Days Festival is fun for the entire family. Whether you want to simply relax on the beach or are staying at our Key West hotel for a special event, our friendly staff members always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.Large rooms and free Wi-Fi are included. There are no resort fees here, but our Key West hotel guests certainly feel like they’re at a world-class resort. There’s a great heated pool where relaxation comes easily, and it’s the perfect place to wind down after a day of exploration and adventure. Central to all top food options, bars and attractions, most guests spend their days strolling around the neighborhoods and beaches.We welcome couples, families and solo travelers at our Key West hotel. Consider a nearby surfing lesson or spend the day on the waters fishing. Key West is known for a life of leisure, and that’s exactly what our guests experience. Whether you’re here for an extended stay or just the weekend, be treated to the best in service and top quality amenities. Book your room at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel today and get ready for the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western