We had a second floor room partially overlooking the small parking lot at the side of the property. Not the best room in the house (like those overlooking the pool) but quiet, large, comfortable, clean and fairly newly refurbished. The half-height plantation shutters were good for adjusting the light/privacy as necessary. The pool was very nice and the last of the evening sunshine could be enjoyed on the east side. The main problem with this hotel was the very limited space in the breakfast room, which was an extension of the reception/lobby area. Some people had to eat outside on the terrace around the pool because they could not get a table indoors, OK in fine weather but a bit inconvenient if it's raining or cold. This wasn't the cheapest hotel in the 'old town' area and I think it's value for money was marginal, I certainly wouldn't pay any more for the room we had...... I think we had the room on the outside as we were two guys sharing, this often seems to happen to me perhaps because the person allocating the room thinks a man will not demand a better room whereas a women probably would! I think the place was pretty full judging by the number of people trying to have breakfast. The housekeeping staff seemed quite noisy while doing their work, lots of shouting and loud conversations on their walkie talkie radios. I've marked the individual aspects of the hotel based on my own experience, ie. outside room, small breakfast area etc. I would stay here again because of the location and the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Duval Street and downtown Key West, then return to your cool spacious room at our Key West hotel.Located at the southernmost point of the state, visitors at our Key West hotel are here to enjoy paradise. We offer free parking, and we’re just one block away from famous Duval Street. While parking is free, most guests don’t need a car since you can walk to the area’s best attractions. The beach is three blocks away, and guests feel right at home in a quiet neighborhood that’s close to everything.From Fantasy Fest to World Offshore Powerboat Races, there’s always something exciting happening near our Key West hotel. The World Sailfish Championship is held here, and the Hemingway Days Festival is fun for the entire family. Whether you want to simply relax on the beach or are staying at our Key West hotel for a special event, our friendly staff members always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.Large rooms and free Wi-Fi are included. There are no resort fees here, but our Key West hotel guests certainly feel like they’re at a world-class resort. There’s a great heated pool where relaxation comes easily, and it’s the perfect place to wind down after a day of exploration and adventure. Central to all top food options, bars and attractions, most guests spend their days strolling around the neighborhoods and beaches.We welcome couples, families and solo travelers at our Key West hotel. Consider a nearby surfing lesson or spend the day on the waters fishing. Key West is known for a life of leisure, and that’s exactly what our guests experience. Whether you’re here for an extended stay or just the weekend, be treated to the best in service and top quality amenities. Book your room at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel today and get ready for the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western