“Perfect Place For Me” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Key West
Alberta, Canada
“Perfect Place For Me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I loved this hotel. If I go back to Key West I will try to stay here again.
The location was perfect. It was a block from Duvall Street which means it was quick to get to and also quick to get away from. It was nice and quiet when we were tired of the craziness on Duvall.
The breakfast was included. They had fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles, bread and bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, literally something for everyone.
Our room was huge! Mind you we had just finished a 7 day cruise, but still we loved the spaciousness! Large bathroom, 2 queen size beds, sitting area. It was like a breath of fresh air after the crampiness of our state room.
The pool, pool area, hot tub, was great. The pool temperature was perfect for me. I swam lengths and never once got too cold when getting in or too hot from the swimming. Someday I want a pool just like this one.
The staff was courteous, everything was clean.
Wifi, parking and breakfast were all included, I felt the price we paid was a good value for the Key West area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend during my recent trip to Key West. This is the perfect spot to stay as you don't get the noise from Duval Street but are still close enough to walk everywhere. In Key West, you walk or ride a scooter everywhere you go. Another huge bonus is that parking is free for guests. The actual room was very clean and comfortable. I can't really think of a bad thing to say about this place. I think the word "value" really is most appropriate. It is not a 5 star hotel but certainly serves it's purpose very well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
dBranham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for posting! We appreciate your business!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just a block off of Duval Street. Great pool, whirlpool, free breakfast (including microwavable items). Microwave and mini-fridge in room. They even supply plastic silverware and paper plates in your room. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Although the guy at the front desk was really friendly, the room was old and dirty. The bath tube blocked up after one shower. There were small insects in the whole bath room and party in the room as well. The air condition was loud and really, really old. People were sitting in the swimming and drinking canned beer. Cheap, but still not cheap enough. We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
A scathing review like this really hurts but all we can say is - if you let us know there are issues while you are here we will correct them to your satisfaction. And if for some reason we cannot do that, we will help you to find accommodations more suitable to your needs. We would not expect anyone to stay in the room that is described here under any circumstance and it is hard to believe that someone actually did stay in such a room. I agree that such a place is unacceptable and personally I would have demanded to see the manager! I am truly sorry that this review was posted however it has put us on alert and we have gone through all of our rooms to be sure that the issues posted here are not going to affect our guests. As for the guests in the pool, well, chilling with a cold beer - not in a glass bottle - at the pool sounds like paradise to me! We take the good with the bad - thanks to all of our guests for posting here on Trip Advisor!
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We staed here in October right before the fantasy fest. We had aa second story room overlooking the pool (most roooms do look over the pool). The room is a very good size with fridge, micro, coffe maker and,i in the closet, a safe.I must commend the cleaning staff: very diligent each day. The office staff is quite helpful and friendly, always willing to provide advice and some coupns for dining. The entire propwery, although older, is well-maintained. The pool and the pool area are very clean and a pleasant area to sit and enjoy the weather and chat with other guests. I definately would stay here again.

Room Tip: all second floor rooms are great. I do not know about the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

it was the cheapest among the hotels closest to Duval street. The location is pretty good though Key West is not that big. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable. Be careful on the stairs on rainy days, it's quite easy to fall down. The dining area is very small so it was quite a problem to find the place at breakfast time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I used to stay at one of the Southernmost Point facilities nearby or a B&B, but Southernmost has become too expensive for what they are (gotta pay for all that expansion). So when I read the reviews and looked at the prices, I chose the Best Western Hibiscus. I prefer staying on the "quiet" end of Duval. O'Connell's Irish Pub is nearby on Duval, and El Siboney (best Spanish/Cuban food on the island -- no tourists) is walking distance on Catherine St.

The room (2nd floor) was spacious. I read that the room fllors are tiled, and someone else on the 2nd floor said theirs was, but my room was still carpeted. Cleaning staff was excellent (I had the same lady all three days of my stay). The pool is very large, L-shaped, 8 feet deepest, quiet in the evenings though they could stand to heat it (cold for a Floridian!). The don't mention it but the rooms (at least mine) have small safes in the closet, a big plus with camera and iPad's I didn't want to leave in the heat of the car during the daytime. Breakfast is minimal, but sufficient with bread, packaged microwave sausage sandwiches, juice, coffee and fruit. Free wi-fi access worked fine. Pretty large refrigerator, enough to stock lots of beer, wine and snacks.

Front desk staff was great. Check-in on Sunday, he wasn't sure how to apply a $75 gift card I had so he just told me nothing would be billed and to check Monday when the week staff was in. They applied it all right away that Monday morning.

The most minor complaint were very small ants but contained only to the work station table. This was room 228. This room overlooked the pool and yet was very quiet.

I will definitely stay here on my next Key West visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel? Share your experiences!