“Quantum Regatta Sailboat Races & Birthday” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Key West
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
“Quantum Regatta Sailboat Races & Birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Desk clerk at check in was distant, not very helpful, seemed like he didn't want to be there. We have stayed at this hotel several times over 20 years since our honeymoon was spent there, and we were treated like our business didn't really matter to him. He could care less whether we were there or not. On the other hand, the full time lady at the desk, Kate, was helpful, cheerful, in fact wonderful in every way. More of what we expected when we arrived. The initial experience made us question whether we should have stayed at the Doubletree next door, where we had backup reservations until 3 days before visit. We actually thought we cancelled the wrong ones!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the suite above the office for two nights. The room was ok but the noise from the airport was horrendous. There will not be much sleep there.

However, That was not the major letdown. If you are offended easily, gird yourself up before you go to the front desk for anything. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Sad to say they really should take customer service classes if there are any. I went to the desk to ask for a map and they look at you as you enter like i'm disturbing them, then come across like i'm a huge bother.. I told them I will do a trip adviser for sure.. hopefully this will help you decide what your plans are for a place to stay. I pray they straighten up with customer skills and get it right. The housekeeping service and the maintenance were great,,no reflection on them at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Durant, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently took a very impromptu trip to the florida keys. I booked the first night of our stay in key west here. We really liked it and decided to stay another night which we hadn't booked in advance. When we asked to stay again the hotel clerk at first said that they were full up but he would see if he could come up with anything. He called our room like 10 minutes later and said we could stay another night in the same room we had. We were really pleased that we didn't have to search for another place to stay or pack up our stuff to move to another room. The guy who checked us in was really great too he told us to be sure and check with the front desk before we booked any of the local attractions because the hotel guests get discounted rates.The view was great - we could see the pool and the ocean from our balcony room. The hotel itself was a little older but it has been maintained well. The bed was sooo comfortable! The only problem with this is you don't want to get out of it in the morning. I liked the mattress even more than the one I have at home which is saying something considering the type and expense of our mattress. The pillows were awesome as well. I really had no complaints except for maybe the price. It was kind of high by best western standards but then again this isn't your ordinary best western either. Not to mention that everything in key west is expensive so it's not really surprising. However, the guy that let us stay another night charged us the same rate the second night even though it was a Friday which is typically a little more expensive. I would definitely stay hear again even if I found something a little cheaper. The airport is very nearby and you can hear the planes flying out at all hours of the day. It was pretty loud in the rooms when they flew by. I'm not sure if it would be different anywhere else though. However, I am a very light sleeper and I didn't lose any sleep over it!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool and ocean on the second floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Homestead, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being away from home, when it is related to business, is never easy. While you are away, your loved ones are terribly missed. I have been traveling to Key West for business bi-weekly for about six years. I soon realized that my 260 mile round trip was exhausting after putting in a long days work and decided that it would be best if I included an over night stay. I was recommended the Best Western Key Ambassador as a place to stay and I paid heed to the recommendation. I just adore this place. The location, amenities, and staff are fabulous: oceanfront; incredible pool; even more incredible Tiki bar; walking distance to an outstanding restaraunt "La Trattoria"; far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Old Town, but close enough to jump in the mix if desired; the accommodations are comfortable and clean; and the staff like family. Not only is this my choice hotel for business accommodations, but it has also become a fantastic family destination spot. I bring my family for weekend get-a-ways whenever we can. The kids can't get enough of the pool and the Tiki bar smoothies and snacks (excellent blackened Mahi sandwich). Key West is a laid back place, and the hotel carries that same ambience. Nothing pretentious about it- just my favorite place to stay in Key West!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Homestead, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Prior to my stay I called the hotel direct and spoke to the unfriendly front desk person who has been refered to in other prior posts, her answers were short and direct, NO-NO and NO!! I was in town for a half marathon and upon arrival into the lobby I was great with a overwhelming smell of mold, yuck! I inquired about the continental breakfast and asked if they would be opening it early for the runners. I have stayed at many other hotels during marathon weekends and most accomodate us being that we have to be at the start line by 6am, answer NO,,, Also asked for a late check out so we could come back and shower, change and pack up after 13.1 miles but NO again. Only possitive experience was the comfy king size bed, as for the sofabed, it looked like an elephent slept in it!! Hotel right by airport, bathrooms (tub & toilet) very small! Had a harbor view that looked over to the water from across the street!! Hope someone from BW reads these post and address their front desk customer service issues. Not something I would want to represent my company!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Staffs England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Ambassador for 4 nights at New Year. Exterior grounds and pool area were very nice. Location opposite Samthers Beach. Our room was at the far end block near to the breakfast room and close to the airport as the planes roared overhead,didn't bother us as the weather was great and we were out during the day and again in the evening. Found a great place to park the car for as long as you needed and no charges. When in Key West on our travels again will stay at this Best Western again

Room Tip: Book a room at the front
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Key Ambassador Resort Inn? Share your experiences!