“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Key West
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

For a last minute trip to Key West we had called around to several hotels and either there was no vacancy's or they wanted an arm and a leg to stay for one night. The BW Key Ambassador had a room at a very reasonable price. The room was huge and clean. The pool was large and clean although I dont think it was heated to the 84 they said it was but at 76 degrees at 10 am who cares. This hotel is close to the airport on the east side of the island. You do hear the planes and they do come pretty close so grab a camera. Location is great for families and its very close to the beach. Overall we were pleased!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here a couple of days ago. Overall the hotel was decent but the service at the front desk was TERRIBLE. Location - the location isn't bad. You are not going to walk to any attraction or to dinner spots from here as it is on the other side of the island from all that. However the island is small and it's a very short drive. Condition - Very clean and somewhat well maintained. Our shower door was broken but I was able to pop it into the rails pretty easily. No biggie. Service - this was the worst part of it. The lady at the front desk, I believe her name is Alexis was incredibly during check-in and checkout. She was speaking to us as if we were staying there for free and she was doing us a favor. She wouldn't make eye contact, let alone say hello's or thank you's. When we asked for information, Alexis snapped it at us. We have travelled a lot and have never experienced being talked down to by the person checking us in. It was an unpleasant start to the trip. Would we stay there again? Maybe if there is nothing else available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was at this hotel this past Fantasy Fest for one day only (Saturday) but I really wanted to stay longer. I stayed in an Ocean View room with balcony and believe me, this is one of the best hotels room I've ever stayed in. Though they advertised the room as an Ocean view room is in fact an Ocean Front room. The room was big and I mean it, very clean with two queen beds but what impressed me the most was the spectacular view to the Atlantic Ocean. I was delighted to see the sun come up in the morning and took beautiful pictures as well. I got to see the planes coming into the airport nearby as well as enjoyed seeing the trafic on the seawall promenade right at the front of my room. I could see the ocean while bathing in the pool which by the way was very relaxing and I was able to sea wildlife (big birds similar to pelicans around us). The drinks at the tiki bar were good and the bartender was very helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and we are so looking forward to comeback in low season so the rates are down a bit.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View room. It's worth the extra money you'll pay for it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Joseph H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Key Ambassador Resort Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
On behalf of the Best Western Key Ambassador we would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent vacation. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western for 3 nights in early December. Shuttle service from the airport was fast and efficient, and it was nice to have someone help me with my luggage since I flew in alone and got there before the rest of my party. We had 3 rooms in the same building as the breakfast. Rooms were a nice size. The room would smell musty if closed up for too long, but we solved that by opening the door to the balcony when we were in the room. The balcony was nice - love that it was screened in. We got to watch some iguanas climbing around the trees from our balcony.

Cab was about $20 including tip down to Duvall if there are 3 or less people. 4 people or more, and the cab is $4.50 per person. We signed up for the trolley - $30 per person and you could ride for 2 days - I think the first trolley is around 9:10 and the last one at 4:40 (don't quote me on that). We'd take the trolley around in the am, come back to the hotel for a rest early afternoon, and then trolley it back down to Duvall for the evening, and finally take a cab back that night. The money was worth it to not deal with parking near Duvall.

Service at the pool bar was fast & efficient, and the rum punch was delicious. Yes, the airport was pretty loud, but I never heard it late at night, and I never noticed it early mornings. Breakfast was ok (waffles, yogurt, mini muffins, cereal, oranges, bananas, sausage breakfast muffins, toast, juice, coffee). Decent enough selection, but nothing I was hungry for. We were obviously there at a slower time of year, because we never had an issue with seating at any time throughout the morning.

The front desk was always helpful and accommodating. They called cabs for us a couple times and the cabs were there within minutes. They were very helpful upon check-in and with any questions that we had.

For what we paid ($150 per night), it was well worth it. I liked the quiet and getting away from the craziness. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lapeer, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

the stay was great i stayed a whole week with my family the staff was friendly and nice and helpful , great pool and views ,great prices will come back with prices they have . love it will come back every year if i can , the bar is great and there food yum yum and i loved going to the lobby and getting hot chocolate so did my 5 year and he love the pool and made friends so yes my whole family had a great time i hope this helps oh yea and you get aa good breakfast in the morning most places dont do that any more so i would give them A+

Room Tip: pool view or ocean are nice
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Very nice place to stay, friendly people that work there, we come back every November, excellent breakfast bar! best hot chocolate in the lobby! rooms are very well kept, safes, fridge, and microwaves in rooms

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Key Ambassador Resort Inn? Share your experiences!