“Building "renovations" more like building condemned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Key West

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Key West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Key West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3820 North Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL 33040-4599   |
Ranked #39 of 40 hotels in Key West
Atlanta, Georgia
“Building "renovations" more like building condemned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is a total sh@thole. I arrived on Thursday, January 24th. The rooms smell, are ancient and dirty(filthy carpeting, peeling wallpaper, cracks in walls). Received a call at 3 pm the following day telling me that I had to leave the hotel by 5pm as they were "closing". I asked why and what had happened, but received no answer. There was a letter from Comfort Inn stating they were doing "renovations". I saw caution tape in several places around the hotel. I'm guessing it was condemned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

There is always a first. This is the first time I have ever been moved out of a hotel because the city shut it down. The Comfort Inn booked me at a nearby hotel that was dirty, had peeling wall paper, etc. I understand that unforeseen things happen in the hotel business. I also understand that you might even be forced to book your customers somewhere else. But the Comfort Inn should have paid me to stay where they rebooked me. Not the other way around. I am not qualified to say why the City shut this hotel down. All I can offer is the official notice posted on the hotel door (see associated photo).

My experience here is represents the worst value for I have ever had in a hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wilkes-Barre, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel rooms in need of upgrade, painting, new carpeting and newer tv, however they were clean. Key card did not always work. Our room was located on 2nd floor right near pool access gate. While it was convenient to get to pool, gate slammed very loudly throughout the night. Would be nicer if it closed quietly. Pool was heated and really great, kids really enjoyed. Hotel was family friendly. Hot breakfast buffet was great, including fresh made waffles, sausage and eggs, fruit, and was replenished as needed. Was away from the action, but that was what we wanted. Free shuttle services and discounts on attraction tickets was also nice. Would stay again, would like the bottom area near pool with private patio for outside lounging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
U.S.A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was an embarassing stay. The TV was a decade old. The phone did not work. The toilet was loud. The concrete in the balconies and stairway are failing - they are held up by adjustable, portable steel pillars. We paid a lot of money to stay in a hotel that the owners seem to be riding out until they get it torn down for new construction. Stay away.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel for a good room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MORENO VALLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Without being on the water in those very very expensive resorts, this is probably the best view in Key West. I had a two room suite on the six floor. From the living room I hadA great view of the golf, from the bedroom I had a view of the pool area and the city (including planes landing and taking off at the airport).

Two complaints. They don't get enough newspapers for every guest. You have to go down early to get a newspaper. And while the Wi-Fi was fast (streaming video fast), it was annoying. Constantly having to login, even during the same session!

Two rooms sweet, nice flat screen TV, big windows,Comfortable couch and chair.

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite on the top floor. Only four rooms on the top floor, very private. Plus, views ou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting the worst, based on reviews. The check in was fast. I arrived before 2:00 and was able to get my room immediately. The pool and bar are really nice. As was the staff. Denny's was Denny's. Nice to have late at night. Breakfast was what I expected. Just ok. The shuttle service to downtown was very well run. If you want to be able to walk to where the action is, this is not the place to stay(but I would hope you'd know that already) The room was not bad but the toilet ran all day/night and the key card worked when it wanted to. Not the end of the world to me, but others with me found it very annoying. For that reason, I probably wouldn't recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013
SunHotelCollectionKW, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Key West, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a try despite hesitation! We are happy to hear your check-in process was efficient and our staff was friendly. It is good to know you took advantage of our shuttle service and we appreciate the feedback. We always welcome the opportunity to hear from our guests personally. Please feel free to contact our General Manager at any time if you would like to further discuss your experience.

Guest Services Manager
Bismarck, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Very run down. The shower head was broke, the refrigerator did not work. They did give us 20 dollars off but it still wasn't worth it. There are many more places to stay that are closer to the action. They did have a shuttle service that was very good.The consignor was never at their desk so we gave up. Look the other way and choose somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SunHotelCollectionKW, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Key West, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. Guest comments are taken seriously and shared with department heads and owners. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally. Our General Manager, Steve Robbins, may be contacted directly for further assistance or comment.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Key West? Share your experiences!