“Exceptional Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
Smyrna, Georgia
“Exceptional Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

My then fiance, now husband, stayed here 4 nights this week for our wedding & honeymoon. It was wonderful! The room was super clean as were the grounds! Staff was very helpful & friendly. Our bed was super comfy. All around wonderful stay!!! I loved the hammock!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

we arrived after 9pm with no reservation. the man at the front desk gave us a discounted price.
parking is close... was hard to find because of the one way streets. but u can see the area.

we like the hotel alot and stayed 3 nights. charming small rooms. old rustic floors. cute place.
there is even a cat at the hotel... who will hang aroung and be your friend until more guests arrive

the pool is nice, the staff goes home around 10pm. your not supposed to use the pool... but if you are quiet nobody will notice. after walking in the heat of duval street its very nice to swim.

the sunlight comes in the room in the morning. which is kindof a nice wakeup.

in the morning they were doing some repairs on the roof of our room... but after a dirty look from my girlfriend they stopped. everyone was just really nice and polite. great locals here.
met another couple at the hotel. everyone in the keys is in a great mood and happy to be there!
oh, and alot of people in key west have been drinking... alot.... in the sun..... forever

Room Tip: try to get a room in the back. the rooms on the street look loud
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 19 excellent very clean rooms nice people. Good breakfast. They had a cat named Jordan very friendly. The other guests were very friendly. I would stay here again. I would give them a A+++++++

New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

This place is just so perfect ! The breakfast was great, the people here are so so very kind! I will come here again anyday ! Rooms were clean and a safe place to stay ! This is just key west ! We felt the old spirit of the island here. Do stay !

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Merlin the first couple days of Fantasy Fest. Even though we were only 1 block away from Duval Street you could not hear any of the activities. The Merlin Guesthouse is a small retreat in the middle of Key West (known as a party island). :)
We had a King Suite right on the edge of the property (next to an alley) and you would never have known it. Quiet and spacious. It was the perfect end to our vacation.
I would definitely stay at the Merlin again. Next time I hope it will be more than 2 days.
Jordan Del Gato is now my friend on facebook. He is awesome. So friendly.
Looking forward to my next trip to Key West & The Merlin Guesthouse.

Room Tip: The King Suites are awesome!!!
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in unit 22 which is in the back of the property and a King suite. It was just perfect inside. HUGE room with a big bathroom and a hallway sort of area with a sink and refrigerator and microwave. There is a safe in the cabinet as well. Very classy and elegant and yet comfortable. The property outside is like a little oasis. There is a hammock and a small pool with jacuzzi jets. I know some people complained about it being too hot but the water is actually I think just heated by the sun because it was quite nice when I put my feet in one morning. I think because its small the water heats up quickly. The whole garden area is quite lovely and very peaceful. i heard NO noise at all and my room was very quiet and we were there for Fantasy Fest so I don't expect it gets louder than that! It is conveniently located like a block off Duval right in the heart of everything. 2 great cats on the property are such love kitties...Sushi (black) and Jordan. There is a free breakfast at the pool each morning. Just continental...OJ, coffee, pastries, cereal and fruit. The downsides of this inn are the lack of parking. (we managed to get a space along the street and didn't move the car at all as everything is in walking distance pretty much) a Tip there is to arrive early in the day as there are more spaces available and they do help tell you where the best chances are for getting a space. Also the rooms get cleaned that are check outs first so ours wasn't cleaned at all since we came back at 3 and wanted to take a nap. My family was also staying there and their room didn't get cleaned til 5 which was terribly late. We opted to just trade our towels out. Just be aware that is the case. It certainly wouldn't change me wanting to stay there again. I would also say the beds and pillows are very hard. I know some people enjoy that but I personally prefer a softer bed and pillows. I did not get a back ache though and the linens seemed really nice and good quality.

Perry Hall, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went for my wife's 40th. The place was perfect to just hang and relax, but so close to the action of Duvall St. Could walk every where and they had a place to lock up our rented bikes. The room was great booked a king suite had more than enough space plus a large bathroom with a private porch under cover so we could sit outside during a rain storm. Breakfast every morning on the deck in the shade was great. I would tell all my friends to book this place. The best thing was once we walk our one block off Duvall to the Inn it was peaceful and quite.

Room Tip: Ask for room #20 own entrance and private deck
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Merlin Guesthouse? Share your experiences!