Just got back from 4 nights at the Ocean Key. This is a nice hotel, I would say above average though there were a few things I thought were just so so. I spent an insane amount of time reviewing the Key West hotels before my trip and I was pretty happy with my choice.
- Location as is mentioned in a lot of reviews is awesome.
- Rooms have a sort of beach type theme to them which is really nice.
- The bathroom was large and had a nice bath tub
- The room we chose had two tvs in it. Never had a room like that and thought it was nice
- The staff is really nice from the cleaning crew to the front desk they normally say hi and are helpful
- The pool is very small for what I would consider a high end resort.
- The gym is very small. It only had 1 treadmill along with two bikes and a broke elliptical. The weight area was nice but again very small.
- I don't know if this was a one time thing but while I was working out I went to the pool restroom and it was in horrible shape. The toilet had either backed up or blew up but I took one step in and began to gag.
Bottom line this hotel is pretty expensive but is also pretty nice. I would probably stay here again. n