“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 41 hotels in Key West
København, Danmark
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

One of the most fantastic hotel we have ever stayed in. The service there is exstraordinary from all of the staff. The hotel is kept the old style and the rooms are all newly renovated. They have a garden in the middel with flowers and two pools - one is heated. They even put a chocolat mint on your pillow when they make your bed ready for the night. So if you want to stay in a great small town hotel in the heart of the old town, this is the place to stay. If you want a balcony you have to book a room with a pool view.
Unfortunately I forgot something in the safe, when we left. But Richard from the front desk has been working very hard to find a solution, so I can have it back. Once again, great service!
We will go back soon to this amazing place :-)

654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Highly Recommended! The Marquesa is an oasis in the middle of the many moving parts that make Key West a place everyone should visit once in their life. After a long day seeing the sights, both on and off Duval Street, it was nice to return to the Marquesa and relax whether on the porch outside our room or by the pool. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable; the staff was very attentive and helpful. We had a fabulous dinner at the Marquesa Cafe next door. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Choose onw of the suites - nice porches and great access to the pools.
West Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

There was actually a tear in my wife's eyes as we packed to leave, we didn't want to leave. We spent 3 nights at the Marquesa, the first stop on our trip to visit family in other parts of Florida. I have never felt more comfortable immediately than I have at this place. We can't figure it out, we are mature adults, travel often enough, but this place affected us like no other place has - no other place has even come close. We arrived late hungry and the night guy knocked himself out to find someplace that would deliver something to eat. The room was spotless and the housekeepers kept it that way, twice a day. There was always someone around, one step ahead of us anticipating our needs, but no one was ever in the way. Valet parking is free - when was the last time you encountered that? We've been to Key West before, and love everything it has to offer, but the highlight of our stay - the highlight of our entire trip - was sitting in the dark poolside with a nice glass of wine doing nothing. Thank You, we will be back. Often!

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe room - KIng bed and separate seating/living area. It was spacious and more than eno...
Kula, Maui
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

OK, to some, a superior hotel has to have two golf courses, five swimming pools, a spa, and a partridge in a pear tree. To me the best thing that can happen when traveling is to occasionally get the feeling of being at home.

The décor is period with a little eclectic chic thrown in. The rooms are spacious and the baths are large, up to date, and well appointed. We were fortunate to get a room on a second floor with a lanai overlooking the street. This gave us the option of air conditioning or natural cooling at night.

All the members of the staff went out of they way to be of service while giving, an unusual, refreshing, feeling, for hotel staff, that we were all on the same level, rather than us being made to feel that the staff were somehow our indentured servants. Those of us who know who we are don’t need false courtesies.

Parking is at a premium in Key West, but our car was always available at a moment’s notice, and precise advice and directions for local activities was readily given.

Room Tip: Get a second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

A jewel in paradise. Stayed for two nights. Room (pool area) well decorated and impeccably maintained. Pool was inviting and gardens were beautiful. Very friendly staff. Dinner at the Cafe was a night to be remembered. Highly recommended. Antonio

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Linden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing, friendly, clean, great location,inviting and so much more. This are the few words to describe our stay at the Marquesa!!! Anytime we return to Key West this will be our first choice of place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had email contact with the hotel to discuss which room may suit us best. Unfortunately a few days later when I went to confirm my reservation the room was no longer available for my total stay and I was offered a suite for the second half of my stay at a substantially increased rate. I thanked them for their efforts but said it was beyond my budget. Funnily enough I received an immediate response of a supposed "cancellation" and I now had an option of 2 rooms for the second half of our stay. In their email it stated that the room for the first 2 days of our stay was on hold for us for 48 hours. I emailed 24 hours later to confirm our booking to be told that the room was no longer available. I asked for an explanation, the hotel didn't even reply. It took 3 emails before I got a response, but I never received an apology or any explanation. I even had to email twice to find out that they had processed the refund they had taken from my credit card. I find it hard to believe that the hotel rated number 1 on Tripadvisor can behave in such a way. AVOID.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marquesa Hotel? Share your experiences!