“Just Go!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Key West
Newbury, England
“Just Go!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Marquesa, with friends, as part of our holiday in the Florida Keys. From the moment we walked in to the hotel lobby (which, by the way, is beautifully decorated, cool, elegant and welcoming) I knew we'd chosen the best! Check-in was smooth and Richard, the Manager, took time to give us lots of useful information about Key West, including restaurant recommendations, which was very welcome. We were then shown to our rooms and, I may be biased, but I really believe we had two of the best rooms in the hotel. We had chosen to book the two poolview rooms which share a balcony/terrace. These are located up a flight of steps from the pool area but this means you have a completely private terrace, away from other holidaymakers, with a lovely view of the pools and gardens.

That brings me on to my next point: the gardens! So, so beautiful - orchids, hibiscus, trees providing shade, ferns - if you love plants and gardens as I do, you'll love the gardens. Complimentary tea and coffee is available in the garden each morning and we would take our cup and sit on our balcony reading the papers and planning what to do each day. Just heaven!

We used the Concierge service to book a couple of trips for us and the arrangements for these were handled very efficiently. It seems as though all the staff have a real fondness for this hotel and I can understand why - it just oozes elegance and class.

Back to practicalities - the rooms are exceptionally comfortable, good beds and lots of storage (lots of hangers - how often does that happen??) and pool towels are provided. Sun loungers also very comfortable.

How I wish we were there now - I just hope we get to return in the future.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad one but we did love having the private terrace.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Sitting next to the pool right now. Last afternoon in key west. Hate to leave. Never been so relaxed.
Staff is wonderful and knew how to make every moment perfect. Close to Duval street. Perfect walk from all the great bars and restaurants. Located in the middle of absolutely anything you wanna do!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife & I are very particular where we stay while vacationing & are willing to pay whatever it takes to have a plesant, high end vacation experience. We demand excellence & the Marquesa exceeded our expectations.

From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out the experience was a perfect 10. The property was ultra clean, peaceful, comfortable & the pools were superb. Little things count & the Marquesa has it dialed in perfectly: water / tea / coffee by the pool daily etc. Just a great property located steps from all the fun on Duval St.

Front desk: Henry provided exceptional advice on where to go & was very accomodating to our requests. He is professional, kind & made our stay more enjoyable because of his sincere actions.

We own a vacation property in the middle keys & in the future when we desire to go to Key West we will without question stay at the Marquesa.

Stop searching for a place to stay & reserve your room at the Marquesa. You will not be disappointed.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

What an absolute delight of a hotel. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the experience was outstanding. From the complementary glass of wine on arrival to the nightly turn down service there was nothing to fault. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Marquesa for 3 wonderful nights in early May. I booked the hotel partly because it was the number one rated hotel in Key West on trip advisor. Well......... It completely, in my view justifies that position.
The hotel is comprised of a number of wooden buildings that are situated around two swimming pools. We had a room on the ground floor, which I found to be adequately spacious. The room had a large double bed, a large plasma TV, a mini fridge and a bathroom with bath and shower. There is a small terrace that is shared with the neighbouring room. This was not a problem at all and was still very private. The management and staff were so welcoming and friendly, that albeit we were foreigners from the UK, we were made to feel like we were at home. That is in essence what I think the Marquesa tries and in my opinion achieves. That feeling of homeliness, which just makes you feel so relaxed and welcome. I didn't request many services whilst I was there, but the impression I got was that nothing would have been too much trouble.
In addition the hotel in my view is fantastically situated. It is only 1 minutes walk to Duval Street where there are numerous bars and restaurants and all the madness that Key West holds. However that short distance means that the grounds and rooms of the hotel remain peaceful and quiet.
I would also strongly recommend the hotel restaurant Cafe Marquesa, which provided us with, by quite some margin the best meal we had during our holiday in Florida.
If you are visiting Key West, I can't recommend this hotel enough and we would without doubt stay there again.

Room Tip: I actually think hey are all good.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

When we arrived a rude guest was polluting the pool area by smoking a smelly cigar. Obviously all cigars are obnoxious and smelly, but because the pool area is enclosed none of the smell could escape. We complained as did another guest and cigars were prohibited in the pool area before our departure.
Service here is just outstanding.

Room Tip: I doubt they have any bad rooms. We did like our mini-suite.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived at the Marquesa for our wedding anniversary. The staff was wonderful. We were greeted warmly and treated to a complimentary glass of wine upon our arrival. The facilities were excellent, the rooms were spacious, comfortable and offiered a private getaway from the more noisy Duval St. Poolside we had towels available as well as iced tea and ice water. The service was simply outstanding. From the Housekeeping Staff to the Hotel Management I have never been happier with a hotel stay. I look forward to returning in the future to enjoy their hospitality and hotel again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting a stay that they will remember for a long long time.

Room Tip: from what I could tell any of the roosm would be a great choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marquesa Hotel? Share your experiences!