“Perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

600 Fleming St, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #3 of 41 hotels in Key West
“Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Sitting next to the pool right now. Last afternoon in key west. Hate to leave. Never been so relaxed.
Staff is wonderful and knew how to make every moment perfect. Close to Duval street. Perfect walk from all the great bars and restaurants. Located in the middle of absolutely anything you wanna do!!!

• Stayed May 2013

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife & I are very particular where we stay while vacationing & are willing to pay whatever it takes to have a plesant, high end vacation experience. We demand excellence & the Marquesa exceeded our expectations.

From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out the experience was a perfect 10. The property was ultra clean, peaceful, comfortable & the pools were superb. Little things count & the Marquesa has it dialed in perfectly: water / tea / coffee by the pool daily etc. Just a great property located steps from all the fun on Duval St.

Front desk: Henry provided exceptional advice on where to go & was very accomodating to our requests. He is professional, kind & made our stay more enjoyable because of his sincere actions.

We own a vacation property in the middle keys & in the future when we desire to go to Key West we will without question stay at the Marquesa.

Stop searching for a place to stay & reserve your room at the Marquesa. You will not be disappointed.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

What an absolute delight of a hotel. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the experience was outstanding. From the complementary glass of wine on arrival to the nightly turn down service there was nothing to fault. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Marquesa for 3 wonderful nights in early May. I booked the hotel partly because it was the number one rated hotel in Key West on trip advisor. Well......... It completely, in my view justifies that position.
The hotel is comprised of a number of wooden buildings that are situated around two swimming pools. We had a room on the ground floor, which I found to be adequately spacious. The room had a large double bed, a large plasma TV, a mini fridge and a bathroom with bath and shower. There is a small terrace that is shared with the neighbouring room. This was not a problem at all and was still very private. The management and staff were so welcoming and friendly, that albeit we were foreigners from the UK, we were made to feel like we were at home. That is in essence what I think the Marquesa tries and in my opinion achieves. That feeling of homeliness, which just makes you feel so relaxed and welcome. I didn't request many services whilst I was there, but the impression I got was that nothing would have been too much trouble.
In addition the hotel in my view is fantastically situated. It is only 1 minutes walk to Duval Street where there are numerous bars and restaurants and all the madness that Key West holds. However that short distance means that the grounds and rooms of the hotel remain peaceful and quiet.
I would also strongly recommend the hotel restaurant Cafe Marquesa, which provided us with, by quite some margin the best meal we had during our holiday in Florida.
If you are visiting Key West, I can't recommend this hotel enough and we would without doubt stay there again.

Room Tip: I actually think hey are all good.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

When we arrived a rude guest was polluting the pool area by smoking a smelly cigar. Obviously all cigars are obnoxious and smelly, but because the pool area is enclosed none of the smell could escape. We complained as did another guest and cigars were prohibited in the pool area before our departure.
Service here is just outstanding.

Room Tip: I doubt they have any bad rooms. We did like our mini-suite.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived at the Marquesa for our wedding anniversary. The staff was wonderful. We were greeted warmly and treated to a complimentary glass of wine upon our arrival. The facilities were excellent, the rooms were spacious, comfortable and offiered a private getaway from the more noisy Duval St. Poolside we had towels available as well as iced tea and ice water. The service was simply outstanding. From the Housekeeping Staff to the Hotel Management I have never been happier with a hotel stay. I look forward to returning in the future to enjoy their hospitality and hotel again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting a stay that they will remember for a long long time.

Room Tip: from what I could tell any of the roosm would be a great choice.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Key West. We had booked five nights at the Marquesa Hotel based on other online reviews, and our price range. We wanted a nice relaxing room that was close to the action of Duval Street, but far enough away that we could relax after 10 long months of planning a wedding. We found just what we were looking for at the Marquesa. The staff was outstanding! From restaurant recommendations, helping us book some last minute excursions, or providing a coupon for a few dollars off of a scooter rental; there was nothing, it seemed, they wouldn't do for us. The room was clean, comfortable, and felt like we were staying in a bed and breakfast. The layout of the property makes you feel like your a guest in someone's home, not in a hotel. The pool area was cozy and always had fresh coffee in the morning, and water and iced tea in the afternoon to keep you refreshed, or awake, while enjoying one of their two pools. Overall, we had a fantastic time, and if would certainly recommend the Marquesa to friends. It may not be the perfect spot for other honeymooning couples as my wife and I seemed to be the youngest guests there that week (early 30's) but having the pool area to ourselves after dark was certainly worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marquesa Hotel? Share your experiences!