We just got back from a few days at the Marquesa and greatly enjoyed our stay. The pool areas are lovely and it was particularly nice to be able to relax outside on the suite's private balcony. One note: when reserving a room, be sure to request one away from the street. The noise on Simonton could be very loud at night.
We were greeted with complimentary glasses of wine upon our arrival and the service was very attentive throughout our stay. We also enjoyed dinner at the Cafe Marquesa one night (although we had to wait for a table because they had us down for the wrong time). The food was excellent - probably the best meal of the trip.
A few things that would have made our stay even better:
(1) Breakfast really should be included in the price of the room. For $495/night, they could throw in a cup of coffee and some oatmeal.
(2) Although it's possible that a small bar might affect the tranquility of the pool area, it would be nice to have a place to get a rum punch or beer while enjoying the sun by the pool.
All in all, though, a wonderful stay at the Marquesa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small luxury hotel with friendly staff, two pools, great Cafe, and premiere location one block from Duval St. Free coffee, water and ice tea poolside. Turndown in the evenings. Complimentary wine at check-in. We welcome children age 14 and older only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Marquesa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquesa Key West
- Marquesa Hotel Key West