“Beautiful Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fall Into Suite Discounts
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Key West
Springfield, New Jersey
“Beautiful Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent four nights here on our recent trip to Key West. It is a well appointed, well located hotel to the very active part of Key West. The rooms were well appointed, clean, spacious and quiet. One member of our party had a suite and another a room with a Garden view, and both were great rooms. The hotel staff is professional and courteous. The facility had nice parking as well, and because of the hotels location we could get around the action sites of Key West by walking to them. We espcailly liked the complimentary coffee in the morings, the hotel bars and cafes were firendly and easy to spend some time at. We would defintely consider staying here again in a future trip to Key West.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We arrived early and they allowed an early check in. The staff were terrific. I love the extra things they such as a simple phone call shortly after arrival to make sure your room is OK and if there is anything they can do for you. Room Service was thorough. The pool and beach were clean, quite and relaxing. The location is walking distance to many dining options either on the water or on/around Duval St.

Hope to be back in March!

• Stayed December 2014
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Michael thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you enjoyed your second stay at the resort. I hope you use our in house reservations team for further bookings as they can assist in booking any promotions. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I must qualify, this review is based on our ROOM and POOL BAR experience. The service from the staff we encountered was excellent from Oksana and Roman at check-in and escort to the room. Merrie at the pool bar was very nice and provided great service, once we got to the bar.

Here are my complaints. Our 2 queen room was literally 10 feet by 15 feet with a huge dresser/tv cabinet, there was no chair int the room other than the desk chair that fits into the desk/dresser/tv console. This is not a chair you would it in to read a book or complete a journal entry. The room was dark as it only has sliding doors on the south side of the room, which also has people walking by constantly with a direct view into the room, thus you need to keep the drapes closed unless I wished to frighten passers-by when I'm fresh out of the shower. The room also smelled of mold, I'm sure because it never sees the sun. I requested a larger room and I would pay for it.
AVOID ROOMS 412-414-416-418.
This was a special occasion trip. We waited until 530pm to be shown another 3 identical rooms, not acceptable.
We tried to go to the beach bar while we waited for word on a room. Unfortunately, there were no seats at the bar.
Understand this, locals, people who live in Key West, frequent the bar, the pool and the beach, and are allowed to do so.
So, when you pay your $300-$1000 per night to stay at the Pier House you may not be able to use the hotel amenities because non guests have already plopped down and are spending all day there. There is also a sign at the pool that stated something to the effect that the pool was only for hotel guests and "Pool Club Members". You're kidding me, you're actually renting out the space to locals?
We enjoyed our 4 ounce $10 dollar per piña coladas in plastic cups at the pool bar and then went back to the room. We were informed no other rooms were available.
Incidentally, WIFI did not work in the room or at the beach bar.

As we would have been charged for early cancellation I told them we would stay the night and check out in the morning, which we did. I found another excellent hotel where we spent the next 4 nights and will return in the Spring.

This all occurred on a Sunday so I rather doubt there was a member of management available to make a necessary executive decision. I would not have been able to reach general manager Joe if I wanted to.
So would I recommend the Pier House? Only if you can spend the cash for the water side suites...but then still don't count on a seat at the bar.

Room Tip: Pay for ocean view and nothing else. AVOID rooms/crypts 412-414-416-418.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The rooms that you mentioned in your review are preferred by many of our guest. In regards to the pool, we do offer beach and pool memberships to our local friends and have not had a problem. Please call me as I would like to discuss your stay further as I am always available to my guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We wanted to stay here because we enjoyed it in the past, and was not dissapointed. The room was great and so was the service from check in to check out. Lovely stay, right in the best part of Duval St, it's own little beach,great views. will be back again in the future.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad that we met your expectations at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I appreciate your business and on your next visit please try our newly renovated full service spa...the only one in Key West. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Gander, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Pier house for three nights. Ocean view room had a spectacular view. The room was very nice. Clean and well maintained. The staff were extremely helpful. The beach area is small but key west is not a beach place. The bar and pool was great. But the location was awesome. We walked the streets and to most sights. I would definitely stay again if I visit the Keys.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Rhonda than you for selecting the Pier House as your preferred hotel in Key West and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the resort. We pride ourselves on customer service and I hope to see you soon.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Love , love , love this place. Absolutely beautiful. Staff was more than accommodating. Located in the heart of everything. Jay, the concierge was awesome setting up a jet ski tour from us. Will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Ocean view was beautiful
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your first visit to the Pier House Resort and Spa. I like to remind all of my guest to call our in house reservations team when booking your reservations as they will ensure you receive the best available rate. Also, visit our website to see all of the amenities available at the Pier House.

West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Tomorrow I will be returning to stay at the Pier House for the 2nd time since August. It truly is the perfect location for relaxing, swimming, dining, sunsets (DREAMY) and drinking!! We can hardly wait to get back there. It is a stimulant in itself. One of the nicest beach hotels I have been to in a long time. I am always happy to be able to put 3 or 4 days together to stay here. The staff are friendly and courteous. Love it!

Room Tip: As above the King Ocean View with private balcony rooms are spacious and comfortable and the views a...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheryl thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon. I appreciate your business and loyalty and fell free to call me if you need anything during your stay. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Been to Pier House Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!