“Excellent accommodations and service” 5 of 5 stars

Pier House Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Key West
Mount Washington, Kentucky, United States
“Excellent accommodations and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is our fourth trip to Key West since 2008. Each visit we think the accommodations can't get much better, but they do.
This year my wife surprised me for my 50th birthday with a trip back.
We arrived Sunday noon, September 1st. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. The desk clerk verified that our room was indeed ready, despite our early arrival.
Normally I'm not fond of ground floor units, but this one was a pleasant exception. It's a Harbor View room. We had a panoramic view of the gulf - from northeast half of Tank Island around to the mouth of the harbor at the ends of Green and Front Streets, with Wisteria Island in the center.
The room was exceptional, and waiting in the room was a bucket of beers and a bottle of wine, just as my wife had asked.
The garden area was truly a tropical oasis and encircled by the Lanai rooms.
They also have their own private beach, but like all beaches in Key West, the sand is shipped in. The beach was small but suits the needs of those desiring a beach feel.
Adjacent to the beach is the Beach Bar and Grille. The food is excellent and servers will take your drink order - be it on the beach or at the nearby pool.
There is also a full service spa on the property as well as a very nicely equipped exercise room. Unfortunately, we didn't take time to utilize those amenities, but they looked inviting, nonetheless.

In short, I would definitely stay at this hotel again next year.

Room Tip: This is an excellent location for those who like to be close to the harbor and Mallory square. The...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your business and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you were able to experience all of the great amenities of the property. As you know, once you arrive at the Pier House, there is no need to go anywhere else. And if you want to go out, Duval Street is steps away. See you soon!

Joe Dantoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pier House has a great location & you can walk to anywhere. Having said that, I have to say we were disappointed in the condition of the property. The roof and ceilings had water damage that had not been repaired, inside & out. Our balcony had such a strong urine smell, we could not use it. Bottom line, the overall condition of the property did not warrant the high price tag.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I have reviewed your comments with my team and no one is aware of any room that has the condition that you refer to. We have an extensive PM program where all of the rooms are inspected and touched up by my team on a quarterly basis. Also, there is no record of any guest calling the front desk with your concerns. Please call me directly so that I can discuss your stay further.

Deland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Pier House house several times for Lobsterfest in August and Fantasyfest in October. Beautiful Hotel , fabulous location and great staff ! My
Most recent stay was this past August 2013 for lobster festival and it was an awesome stay as always :-)
Mike and Heather were super !

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your business and stay at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will be introducing new room amenities to the Pier House and I hope you enjoy them on your next visit.

Kirksville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friend and I just returned from a girl's weekend in Key West. We wanted a destination we could fly into and didn't need to worry about renting a car. We definitely will return to the Pier House! The hotel staff are wonderful! The concierge, Lee and especially Todd, were incredibly helpful in booking activities, including getting us a last-minute fantastic table on Sunset Key. The pool, beach and spa are terrific; Kimberly in the spa was awesome! It was a terrific location, an all-over wonderful experience. The food in the restaurants was good, not great, but we still enjoyed the whole experience. We'll definitely return to stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you and your friend enjoyed your time at the property. As you mentioned, the location at the top of Duval Street is one of the best in Key West. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went down there from Ft. Lauderdale just to get out of town for a few days. We booked our room less than a week in advance and really were quite lucky to get the room we did for the price we did. What is so great about this place is that you down have to leave the property during the day if you don't want to.Everything that you could possibly want is right there on the premises. Then after enjoying the beautiful sunset you can walk around Mallory Square and eat at the local restaurants right there on Duval street. The next morning you roll right out of bed and dive into the pool or the private beach. Make sure you stop and say hello to Janine at the patio bar who is wonderful!!! We can not wait to return to this place we like to call paradise!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for filling out a review and I appreciate your feedback. The Pier House Resort and Spa is a special place and has all of the amenities that you need at the property. My team looks forward to servicing you on your next visit to the Pier House and thank you for mentioning some of my great staff.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I took my wife here for a four day get away. The property is located at the North end of Duval Street. This makes everything very accessible. The shops, the piers, and all of the street vendors close by. Mallory Street is less than a block away. My wife and I love it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope your return soon. On your next visit, please visit our restaurant, Harbor View Cafe. The menu can be found on our website.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been frequent travelers to Key West for many years, but this was our first stay at Pier House. We were very impressed with everything this hotel jad to offer. One of the best locations on the island, great staff (Joan at the pool bar was very helpful) and the private beach is so much fun. While it was a busy Labor Day weekend, the property never seemed crowded. Check in was simple and painless. They even stored our bags after check out as our ferry didnt leave until the evening. We were very happy with our stay and can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed August 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa and were able to experience all of the great benefits of the resort. On your next visit, please visit our Spa. We have the only full service Spa on the island and is rated number twelve in the US by Conde Naste. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the Pier House.

Joe Dantoni

Been to Pier House Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!