“We found our home in Key West!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Vacation in Paradise
Ranked #9 of 41 hotels in Key West
North Potomac, Maryland, United States
“We found our home in Key West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited Key West for five days over the New Year's holiday and Pier House has absolutely everything we want in a luxury resort. Perfect location, incredible staff, beach, pool bar, and fabulous rooms! We had fun at the Chart Room bar, which is, as they put it, "a weird little bar surrounded by a luxury resort"! We'd like to thank Tiffany at the front desk, Oleg the bellman, Todd and Lee at the concierge desk and of course Jeanette and Joan at the pool bar! They all helped make our time in Key West memorable. We went to Key West several times last year. We stayed at The Reach which was nice but a boutique hotel and too far from Mallory Square. We also stayed at Casa Marina which was fabulous but also far from Mallory. The Westin is in a great location with a nice pool and a restaurant right by the water, but we didn't care for the hotel itself. We love Key West and now we don't have to wonder where we'll stay. See you at Pier House!

Room Tip: We stayed in the captain's suite which had a beautiful view. Next time we'll ask about the H...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

You're obviously paying top dollar for the location when here. The prices are not really out of line with the island. If you want more bang for your buck go to the Caribbean and you'll get a better beach to boot.

We splurged for one of the more expensive rooms with a balcony overlooking the pool, and were happy with what we got. The decor was beautiful, the bathroom was sexy, and everything was spotlessly clean. It was nice having a refrigerator in the room, and easy to get ice at the bottom of the staircase.

My only real complaint is the lack of a true business center. I desperately needed to get a printout of a 1-page document and was unable to. I had my own laptop but there's no ability to send anything to the hotel's printer. There's 1 workstation in the lobby but virtually every site on the planet is blocked on it - so I couldn't even go to my own business site to do the printout. It can print your boarding pass for the flight home, that's about it. The front desk guys actually suggested I go down the street and pay at the internet cafe - after paying $400 for the room. Sure. If this were Motel 6 maybe you can justify no business center - but who can afford to stay here except business professionals who are working like crazy?

wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed early January for 7 nights. From the moment we arrived, we were attended to by the doorman, the security man, the desk people, concierge, housekeepers, bartenders. They all had a smile for us every day. Our room was kept very clean daily. Everything was in good working order. The refridgerator was clean. We enjoyed sitting on the patio listening to the sounds of the island. We were on the parking lot side, which had no noise at all. We were given beach chairs and towels by another very attentive young man. After I got out of the water, my husband had ordered us glasses of champagne, so obviously someone waited on him quickly after we sat. Again, very attentive. We asked for an upgrade to an ocean view, but chose not to as it was $119 more per night. We were at least given the option with the correct price of an upgrade. The bathroom was very neat, clean and modern. Loved the rain shower. There were no bugs in the building at all - a stray dog wandered in, in themiddle of the night and started barking. That was kind of funny. An iguana was in our tree - we found out they were on the island now as released pets I guess. I liked that the security man recognized us and kept a tab on who should be on the property and who shouldn't. That's impressive. I would stay here again. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. It is one of the more pricier hotels on the island, but it's worth it to be close to everything you need. It is walking distance of the Bight, which is my new favorite place to hang out. Thanks Pier House.

Room Tip: If water is important to you; spend the money for an ocean front. I would have enjoyed sitting on a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here 6 nights over the Christmas holidays. Unfortunately, it was just an okay experience for us. We stayed in a second floor room looking out over the parking lot. That was a huge mistake on our part. I actually could have lived with a view of the parking lot but we couldn't even see that because of the dense foilage that extended next to and above our balcony. We never sat on the balcony once because of absolutely nothing to look at accept trees and shrubs. If you are going to stay here, make sure you pay the extra to have a water side room.

The room was somewhat small but very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom small but functional with a very nice shower. AC unit very noisy and some noise from hallways. TV has very limited channels. I know we weren't there to watch TV but if you are unfortunate enough to be sick for 2 days or you are an insomniac, some choices on TV would have been nice.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location on Duval is the best there is. Very short walk to Mallory Square and the bight and it is right on Duval. We didn't really notice any noise from the partiers but we also nevery left the balcony door open. Only ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced. Chart room bar was okay. The bar next to the chart room was very nice.

We expected more for the cost. I assume prices were higher because of the holidays but at nearly $400.00 per night, we were disappointed.

Pros: Location, staff, cleanliness, breakfast.
Cons: Cost, room location, size of room, noise from AC.

Unfortunately, we won't be staying here on our next trip.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a water side room. Don't stay in the interior rooms.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

first time staying at this hotel rooms very clean beautiful view lots of bars restaurants staff very helpful and attentive. would love to return it is expensive but worth it. the location excellent ant end of duval street everything very near from restaurants to cvs to scooters boat rides jet skis etc just walk out your door and it is all there.

Room Tip: we had a beautiful suite which was on a corner full view of ocean and sunsets felt like you were on...
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our daughter dreamed of having a destination wedding. After researching several locations, she decided on the Pier House. We made the plans on the website and worked closely with Adelle. The wedding took place on 10/11/12. We had to stay at a family friendly place as her Godson, Nathan, only two years old was going to be the ring bearer. Our accommodations could not have been any nicer. The staff could not have been any more helpful. We had three rooms there and they were always immaculate. We had the wedding right on the beach there and then dinner right on the deck overlooking the water. The last night there w e moved into one of the two story rooms that was awesome. This place was like a big house right over the water and it had amazing views and huge closets and bathrooms. All of the staff at the Pier House went out of their way to be helpful to us. Our flowers were gorgeous. We used Karrie Porter Photography and all of our photos are breathtaking. Yes this place was expensive but worth evert penny. DJ and Tracy had an amazing wedding as well as a great family vacation. We wish them may years of good health and happiness. The hardest thing to do was pull out of the driveway at The Pier House to head home. When you stay here you can walk to Mallory Square, the Aquarium, the bars and all the shops. Very convenient to stay here. The atmosphere is so beautiful that you would swear you are in a tropical resort on an island. Can't wait to go back again with the family. Also we had our hair and nails done at the spa on the day of the wedding and the staff there was amazing. What a great way to start the day. the ladies even served us champagne. Jaimie was so accommodating do our hair exactly like we wanted. Should be rated ten stars it was so great staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is my second trip solo as I'm getting divorced and embracing my single-ness. So for the holidays instead of sitting around my apartment I decided to treat myself to a trip to Key West! Took US Airways on a DIRECT flight from DCA. First time ever for direct flight, and completely worth the extra price of not having to connect in Miami!

I decided to go ahead and pay extra for the Harborview room. Completely and totally worth the price. Room 208 is right above the beach, ultra private balcony. I could just sit and watch the boats go by all day. Only bummer was my balcony didnt get any sun. I wanted to try my hand at sunbathing topless, but no dice. And I wasn't going to do that at the pool or beach. I'm assuming it wasn't allowed anyways.

The bed was awesome and the bathroom great! There was a TV in the bathroom! Only thing the room could use is a couple of rugs. I understand why not, but it would add just a bit of coziness to the room. The view was just beautiful! Can't say more about it! Just so quiet compared to the Duval st. craziness.

Went to the gym - skip this if you stay there. Way too many pieces of equipment and really really cramped. Rent a bike instead.

Got a hot stone massage at the spa. Orginally was booked at Prana Spa but I messed up my times and switched to the Pier House Spa. Lounge area could use some chairs you can actually lounge in, but my hot stone massage was great! Love how Jan added in explaining the chokras (sp?) and breathing. Really great!

Todd Berlin - the concierge - really was quite the help to me in deciding what I should do. He got me a lunch reservation at Ladditudes on Sunset Key. Have to book 30 days in advance, totally worth it. Great views and staff was great. People watching was quite interesting too...

Todd had booked me a dinner reservation at 7 Fish. I was sooooooooo bummed to have to cancel as this really is a favorite place. The heat did me in and on Thursday morning I woke up with a weird heat rash and that sort of messed up my plans. Luckily Todd came to the rescue and recommended the doctor on call. Totally worth the price. Dr. Denise Doane was great and I didn't have to wait at urgent care. Thanks Todd!

I did have food at the pool bar a couple of times. I liked the relaxed atmosphere. I wanted to go to the Wine Bar but on X-mas day I just got lost in my view and then it wasn't open the rest of the time. Kind of bummed, I guess its only open on the weekends. I didn't eat at the Harborview Cafe. A bit too fancy to be dining alone. I also missed the Atrium Bar. That place looked fun! I ended up at the Smallest Bar a couple of blocks down on Duval. Fun place and super cute and small. Also had sunset drinks at Ocean Key Pier. Lots of fun, with a band and stunning sunset views.

I will be back! Thanks for taking care of me Pier House! LOL, I got married at the Hyatt next door 10 years ago, but the Pier House beats the pants off that place. The Pier House is a resort but feels very intimate with the different paths around the property.

Room Tip: Definitely use the concierge for ideas on what to do. Extremely helpful, especially if you haven'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pier House Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!