“Awesome destination wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Key West
Cape May, New Jersey
“Awesome destination wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our daughter dreamed of having a destination wedding. After researching several locations, she decided on the Pier House. We made the plans on the website and worked closely with Adelle. The wedding took place on 10/11/12. We had to stay at a family friendly place as her Godson, Nathan, only two years old was going to be the ring bearer. Our accommodations could not have been any nicer. The staff could not have been any more helpful. We had three rooms there and they were always immaculate. We had the wedding right on the beach there and then dinner right on the deck overlooking the water. The last night there w e moved into one of the two story rooms that was awesome. This place was like a big house right over the water and it had amazing views and huge closets and bathrooms. All of the staff at the Pier House went out of their way to be helpful to us. Our flowers were gorgeous. We used Karrie Porter Photography and all of our photos are breathtaking. Yes this place was expensive but worth evert penny. DJ and Tracy had an amazing wedding as well as a great family vacation. We wish them may years of good health and happiness. The hardest thing to do was pull out of the driveway at The Pier House to head home. When you stay here you can walk to Mallory Square, the Aquarium, the bars and all the shops. Very convenient to stay here. The atmosphere is so beautiful that you would swear you are in a tropical resort on an island. Can't wait to go back again with the family. Also we had our hair and nails done at the spa on the day of the wedding and the staff there was amazing. What a great way to start the day. the ladies even served us champagne. Jaimie was so accommodating do our hair exactly like we wanted. Should be rated ten stars it was so great staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is my second trip solo as I'm getting divorced and embracing my single-ness. So for the holidays instead of sitting around my apartment I decided to treat myself to a trip to Key West! Took US Airways on a DIRECT flight from DCA. First time ever for direct flight, and completely worth the extra price of not having to connect in Miami!

I decided to go ahead and pay extra for the Harborview room. Completely and totally worth the price. Room 208 is right above the beach, ultra private balcony. I could just sit and watch the boats go by all day. Only bummer was my balcony didnt get any sun. I wanted to try my hand at sunbathing topless, but no dice. And I wasn't going to do that at the pool or beach. I'm assuming it wasn't allowed anyways.

The bed was awesome and the bathroom great! There was a TV in the bathroom! Only thing the room could use is a couple of rugs. I understand why not, but it would add just a bit of coziness to the room. The view was just beautiful! Can't say more about it! Just so quiet compared to the Duval st. craziness.

Went to the gym - skip this if you stay there. Way too many pieces of equipment and really really cramped. Rent a bike instead.

Got a hot stone massage at the spa. Orginally was booked at Prana Spa but I messed up my times and switched to the Pier House Spa. Lounge area could use some chairs you can actually lounge in, but my hot stone massage was great! Love how Jan added in explaining the chokras (sp?) and breathing. Really great!

Todd Berlin - the concierge - really was quite the help to me in deciding what I should do. He got me a lunch reservation at Ladditudes on Sunset Key. Have to book 30 days in advance, totally worth it. Great views and staff was great. People watching was quite interesting too...

Todd had booked me a dinner reservation at 7 Fish. I was sooooooooo bummed to have to cancel as this really is a favorite place. The heat did me in and on Thursday morning I woke up with a weird heat rash and that sort of messed up my plans. Luckily Todd came to the rescue and recommended the doctor on call. Totally worth the price. Dr. Denise Doane was great and I didn't have to wait at urgent care. Thanks Todd!

I did have food at the pool bar a couple of times. I liked the relaxed atmosphere. I wanted to go to the Wine Bar but on X-mas day I just got lost in my view and then it wasn't open the rest of the time. Kind of bummed, I guess its only open on the weekends. I didn't eat at the Harborview Cafe. A bit too fancy to be dining alone. I also missed the Atrium Bar. That place looked fun! I ended up at the Smallest Bar a couple of blocks down on Duval. Fun place and super cute and small. Also had sunset drinks at Ocean Key Pier. Lots of fun, with a band and stunning sunset views.

I will be back! Thanks for taking care of me Pier House! LOL, I got married at the Hyatt next door 10 years ago, but the Pier House beats the pants off that place. The Pier House is a resort but feels very intimate with the different paths around the property.

Room Tip: Definitely use the concierge for ideas on what to do. Extremely helpful, especially if you haven'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I love Key West and this is one of my favorite places. The resort is lovely. We stayed in a spa room which is spacious and beautifully decorated. The location of this resort is perfectly located on the ocean with a private beach. Duval and Sunset Pier are just footsteps away. We will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We just spent a long weekend at Pier House. Location is ideal at top of Duval St., easy walking to Mallory Sq., restaurants, historical sites. Free parking, and we didn't use the car once during the stay. Excellent rooms (we had head-on harbor view), tropical grounds, pool, small private beach. Nice combination of amenities, location. For people looking for more beach, there are properties at the southern end of town, but which require much more walking/driving in a town with slow driving and sometimes very difficult parking.

Room Tip: Springing for water view with balcony or patio gives you a brighter room and the view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Have never stayed here, but we go to the main lounge at least twice a week when we spend a month in a Key West condo. There is almost always live entertainment, and the gentleman playing the piano and singing usually has guest singers as well. It is like the days of the old time supper clubs, and there is a great sense of comradery. Pier House is right on the water, and if patrons don't want to sit inside, they can sit at tables outside, while the cool breeze wafts over them. Afterwards, they can take off their shoes and walk down by the water. There is also another outdoor lounge, where TVs are mounted overhead for those who cannot miss a football or basketball game. I look forward to this place with great anticipation each year when we come down to Key West to avoid the Chicago winter!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 days, had a super room & so did our kids. The view was awesome. I can't say enough about the great staff, they kept my ice packs (medication) in there freezer & was more than helpful about everything they & Key West had to offer!! Super family vacation, would stay again without a doubt!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong / Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for four nights and I am overall pleased with the experience. The rooms have a nice relaxing touch to them, though the tv sometimes goes a little crazy... (Some commercial about shaving came on and it stopped in two frames and kept repeating it, like turrets or something).

The location is fabulous and very close to the pier where all the restaurants such as alonzo's, a&b, etc. is at. There is a CVS conveniently across the street so if you have any needs or want to bring stuff to your room it is very easy. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and of course 'sexy things' around here.

We asked to choose what rooms were available for the garden rooms and one was on the ground level, the other on the second floor facing the turtle pond. Of course we chose the second floor one and it is very private; falling asleep to the waterfall is nice too, since the weather was perfect and we kept the sliding balcony door open one night. The only disadvantage was the service room being closeby and the doors shutting was very loud occasionally. I would still choose this over the room on the second floor that was close to the chart room bar with a street lamp shining in every night.

The bathroom is pleasant; the rain shower head was not too close to the wall and very spacious. Only fault in the design of the glass shower is the large cracks between the wall and glass, which allows water to seep through and get on the bathroom floor when you are taking that magical shower.

The small private beach is adequate for this time of year, but I can see it getting very crowded during peak season. It faces northwest so if you are tanning but want to enjoy the lovely sea view, prepare to be tanned on your left side. The pool is a nice size... The deep end is 9 feet which is a great perk for just jumping in. The hot tub is pretty steamy; the suggested maximum occupancy is 8 people but sitting up I feel you could seat 12 comfortably.

It almost has everything... But I wished they had perhaps a microwave by the ice machines... If you couldn't finish that wonderful white wine sauce and clam pasta, or you just wanted some microwaveable popcorn you could heat it up. The restaurant said it was a legal issue (maybe more of a health code I would guess?) and the concierge suggested that I go back to the restaurant and ask them to heat it up instead. Hmmm....

In general, a very nice place. Great value :)

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Pier House Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!