“Best Resort in Key West!” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night 50% Off
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Key West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best Resort in Key West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I recently stayed at Pier House Resort with my husband while on our honeymoon and have to say that we picked a great hotel!! The location just cannot be beat - right on the ocean with beautiful views and very friendly staff. We splurged because it was our honeymoon and stayed in one of the harbor view suites. I have to say, it was completely worth the extra price. The room & bathroom were very spacious and the view...WOW! That made it all worth it. We had the perfect view every night to watch the sunset. We ate at the bar/grille a couple times and the food was good. The hotel has a pool & spa as well as beach access. The beach is a little on the small side, but was never terribly busy. This resort feels secluded but when you walk out onto the street, you are right in the action of Duval & Front streets. It also had free parking, a huge plus for us!

Overall fantastic! We will definitely stay here if we travel back to Key West!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed at The Pier House May 18-23 for our 10th anniversary. We both had been to Key West many times but never stayed in a hotel, only condos. This time, we decided to finally stay at the end of Duval Street and just enjoy ourselves. All I can say is next time we come to Key West , we WILL be staying once again at The Pier House!! Located right in the center of all the things to do, yet once on the grounds, everything seems so far away and it's peaceful and quiet. We stayed in a Traditional King room and it was very large and plenty of room. Nicely decorated and a large balcony as well. I had read a few "bad" reviews about the hotel but all I can say to those people is... WTF are you talking about? Rooms were very clean, entire grounds were manicured and beach/pool was well maintained. The cleaning staff deserves MUCH credit as our room was taken care of every day and we both were surprised with a turndown service each night. Chocolate hits the spot when you are coming in late from Duval Street. :)

We were close to the marina (only a 10 minute walk) for our boat excursions and Mallory Square was also 5 minutes away. CVS is right across the street for anything you forgot or need. We got this thing called "The Key West Bar Card" - well worth the $20.00 and a lot of the bars that gave the 2 for 1 discounts were all within 2 blocks of the resort, two right across the street. There are even two bars at The Pier House that allow you use of the card as well. This even counts for the pool/beach waitress, as every day she was always there checking up on us in a timely manner and we got 4 drinks for the price of two with the cards. We also went to a lot of bars I'd never even thought of going to (until I bought the bar card) and we discovered some new hang outs just off Duval. Great time at all the bars.

I can't express in words what a wonderful time we both had for our anniversary and The Pier House made it special for us. Gone are the days of renting a condo up the street - from now on, it's The Pier House for us when we come back in the Fall.

Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is my third time staying at the Pier House, and will 100% be back. When we arrived, someone was right out to get our bags, and check in was quick and easy. I have only stayed in the basic room and it has been fine. All the rooms have been updated, and have nice bathrooms. Never had a housekeeping issue, our room was always clean when we came back. One day we said we didn't need service, but the housekeeper made sure we had clean towels and told use if we changed our mind, just to let her know. The pool and beach area is small, but it really is all you need. My husband and I like the feel of a smaller hotel rather then a large resort. The bartender at the beach bar was very friendly as so was the waitresses on the beach. The food at the beach bar, in my opinion, is the best around for bar type food. The blacked Mai sandwich and Conch firtters are really good!! The drink menu is a little boring, but not a big deal, they have a full bar and can make anything. One of the days we were there, the power went out on the island, and it seemed like everyone at the hotel was either at the pool or beach, and the beach bar staff worked very hard and fast to make sure everyone was getting drinks. The hotel has a full spa, which I have been to every time I come, and have always enjoyed my services.

But without a doubt, you simply can not beat the location of this hotel. If you want to be at the foot of all the action of duval street, yet still want some quite time to relax, then stay here, you will be happy you did. My husband and I did not get into a car for 3 days! There is a CVS right across the street that we went to everyday it seemed for odds and ends. We also went out on a boat one day, and due to the location of the hotel, we could walk to the marina. There are other nice hotels in the same area, but you do not get the privacy like you do at Pier House.

We also had friends join us on this trip, and they enjoyed the Pier House as well. I look forward to coming back next year.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

The Pier House has got it all. Clean and updated rooms, friendly staff, privacy while still in the heart of downtown/Duval Street, on the ocean, private beach.....need I say more??!! There is a small pub on site, a great tiki bar that will serve you while at the pool or beach, a restaraunt with great food (never had a bad meal), great spot for sunsets. The property is very spacious and for those of you that like to work out or pamper yourself there is a great fitness center and a spa. We have stayed there 3 tims now and love it!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with prviate patio or balcony
derrfield beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

To start, no valet! The security guard brought the bags up because no one was around to do so. The messed up our spa appointment then blaimed us for the mistake and was not accommidating in rescheduling so we cancelled all together. The staff acted like it was in inconveniance to serve you, that is if the ever did! We were with friend for a special occasion and romantic weekend and were told no or was treated badly by the staff. My fiance served our drinks at the pool since the waitress felt it wasn't important. My friend asked for icewater and was direscted to a water cooler in the corner of the pool area but practcally had to beg for a cup of ice. The second day I got sick from the food I ordered at the outside bar and was in the room all night Friday. The drinks (when we could get them) were watered down after the first one. There was no water or mini bar in the room and was told if we wanted some we would have to order roomservice during thier hours of business. That is if you could reach them. If you couldn't get through or not during thier hours you had to leave the hotel and go to cvs. Our friends had a massage friday and enjoyed it, they rebooked for the next day (strange seeing we couldn't get another app. at the same time). They also invited a friend from another hotel for a massage as well and all three were terrible. Two different irons didn't work and stained my friend s dress. There was no music at the pool and the pool was dirty. All of us that went on that trip are in the hospitality business and was mortified by the lack of care. I would never advise anyone to go to this hotel. I can't figure out who would rate this sterile looking and disappointing hotel 5 stars! By whose standards!

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Great location and that'sabout the only positive comment I have. Our room was small, dark and stuffy. From the comments on Trip Advisor I was expecting better. Housekeeping was slow and sporadic, one day they didn't come at all. Restaurant and bars were ok but too expensive for the average quality. Little beach was cute and the service was nice, very small area though. We are returning to Key West in June but will be staying elsewhere. There are just too many choices to settle for Pier House.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

My wife and I just returned from 6 days/5 nights at the Pier House. The location is perfect, being right between the waterfront area, Mallory Square and Duval St. That said, I've never paid $500.00 a night for such an average room--not even in Manhattan. Some of the handles on the dresser had broken off and/or were missing, the room had only a shower (no tub), and the bed and furniture looked beat up and ready to be replaced. The food at the hotel was OK but I would suggest eating at one of the many fine restaurants in town. I don't mean to nit-pick because this really is a decent place but $500/night is $500/night and JUST because the is Key West should not justify this level of mediocrity for the money. Consider shopping around. You might do better AND get a free continental breakfast like they still do at Days Inn.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Pier House Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!