“Another Great Stay at Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oasis Guesthouse
822 / 823 Fleming St., Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #89 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia
“Another Great Stay at Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming here for 10 years. The place is classic. Nice rooms. Great staff. Friendly guests. The pool areas are quite nice. Free frozen drinks every afternoon by the pool and happy hour early evening. Wide variety of rooms - never had a bad one.

• Stayed February 2012

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sewanee, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

MY partner and I spent the night of January13,2012 at the oasis the room stunk the dust was one inch thick and the plumbing did not work .we checked out early the next mornig and found another place . The management is lousy cleaning people are lazy the amenities are not as advertised . I stayed there for a week in 1998 and it was truely a resort top notch it is now barely above a flop house

Room Tip: STAY elsewhere!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Booked the Oasis (1 of 3 properties that all go together) with a friend for our first trip to Key West. It turned out to be a lovely place to stay. I met a group of men there who have been enjoying the property for over 10 years and had a great week with them. My friend & I didn't have any issues with the breakfasts which is basic continental - nothing cooked - or the evening h'or d'oeurves - nothing special but edible and nice to have while sitting around the pool talking. The afternoon drinks by the pool were available everyday but one (I guess they forgot) and were just basic frozen margaritas in a plastic cup. Worked fine for me!!

This is not to say there weren't problems. They have many cats at the Oasis so beware if you have allergies (like I do). They offered to move me to a room at the Coral across the street but I was fine after my medication kicked in. Also, I had white ants in my room. They sprayed the room every other day to make sure they didn't come back. The rooms have definitely seen better days. They were cleaned everyday, though one of the cleaning guys was not very thorough so I always hoped he wouldn't get my room. The guys who run the place (and own it, I think) are not the friendliest but they weren't rude, just not as outgoing as I would have liked. Most people from the other two properties end up poolside at Oasis as it seems to have the biggest pool area and gets the most sun. I had one of the small side rooms which worked fine with me (even though the bathroom was as big as my bedroom!). My friend had one of the top floor rooms which was much larger and quite nice. He was able to lounge outside his room as the sun went down and still get rays.

The walk into town is easy and nice. The gay scene didn't impress me at all, though. Most of the gay bars are filled with straight women and most of the dancers had a straight vibe that turned me off quickly. The drag show in town was horrendous - worst thing I have ever had to sit through. We did a Blu Q sail and it was fantastic. I highly recommend the sunset cruise. The main thing to do is sit at the pool and go out to one of the many fine restaurants in town. Overall, the trip was exactly what I was looking for and Oasis was a lovely place to spend time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My partner Joe and I stayed in the Oasis for a week in September 2011 and had a great time. It was our second stay at the resort. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We opted for a premier king room which was spacious and very clean. The air conditioning was excellent and very much needed at this time of year as it was very warm. Key West is just beautiful. With it's tropical vegetation and surrounded by the turquoise sea, it is heaven on earth. We had a wonderful time in the Oasis and we look forward to going back there in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
strasbourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The place itself, as a whole is very nice: different pools at different temperatures, and a lot of space. Friendly customers too.
However, although the rooms are very expensive, they have never been renovated, it is really getting old...if not dirty. Ten years later, same furniture, same bed spreads, same closets litterally falling apart, same bathroom equipments looking very old if not simply broken.
When something goes wrong, you can be sure that no matter what, you will have to ask again and again, because the staff doesn't seem to care at all. They don't seem to care about cleaning the place either. Many times, at 8 AM, for breakfast, you have to clean your table yourself, because the staff PRETEND not to see the french fries or cigarettes sitting there since the day before, or glasses and cans sitting on the floor for several days! I had to get rid of them myself, and insist that a cleaning person would clean my table! Having breakfast among the garbage from the previous day is not a good experience, and it happened several times. Will not go back there again, although i tried several times, hoping it would get better over the years...but on the contrary. Waste of money and energy, plus big frustration.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We Met some friends in Key West, and stayed here in late March 2011. The staff was very friendly and our room was clean, comfortable, and exactly what we expected.

I read the reviews and being in a wheelchair, was quite honestly very hesitant. I am very picky and particular. Looking back, we could not have asked for a better location or service.

Going back this year, I think that says enough!

Room Tip: The room directly next to the office. It was wheelchair accessible!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've just returned home from a 4 day stay at Oasis. After booking my stay in June I read the many reviews, both good and bad, and still decided Oasis was the place for me. As this was my first visit to a gay, clothing optional house I was somewhat apprehensive about what to expect or what could or would happen. This was put to rest the second I entered the office and was greeted and welcomed like family. After checking in I was shown around the property and then to my room, the Balcony room overlooking the pool. The room was spacious, well appointed and cleaned daily. Yes, there was a storage closet there but this was no concern to me as I had ample space for my things. I'm not a big traveler so 5 Star resorts don't concern me and I certainly didn't expect this to be 5 Star. My intent was to be at a gay guesthouse in gay Key West and Oasis fit the bill. There were only a few guests when I arrived Tuesday but the number increased toward the weekend. They came from all over the country and 3 were from Europe. The ages ranged from late 20's to early 70's. All were very friendly and I made many new friends that I hope will stay in touch. The continental breakfast was more than adequate for me as I'm not big on breakfast and the afternoon cocktails and happy hour were nice touches. All in all, I was totally satisfied with my stay. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer which I will do next time. Gerry, Jorge, Dawson, Mario, Charles, Alan and others. . thank you for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Oasis Guesthouse? Share your experiences!