“I'm disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
“I'm disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I go to Help Yourself quite often. I really like their salads and dressings. I also get other products from them like coconut oil, toothpaste, deodorant and snacks. I was there yesterday and to my surprise they decided to take away their menu with their beautiful salads and other wonderful meals to have daily specials. Why? Now i don't have the choice, they decide for me...
I also wish they have delivery.... Oh well.....

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlie W, Owner at Help Yourself, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
We are very glad that you love our salads and wraps, and we appreciate your feedback on this transition. With much brainstorming and tasting of the new items, we've decided to keep a selection of salads and wraps on our everyday menu plus offering a set daily menu for specials and soups. This means you will still be able to order your favorite wraps and salads every day, and have the option of our daily specials! As far as delivery, we do plan to offer a delivery service by the end of November so keep watching us on Facebook for news of our launch date. Again, thank you so much for your review and your patience through this transition.

91% Recommend
Key West, Florida
“Used to be our work favorite...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Limiting the menu was not such a good idea... We order there a lot from our office, as well as my family, and they removed a large majority of their lunch menu. The lunch special we ordered that was put in place of the original menu is less than a cup of food, and we added chicken to it. The flavoring is off and the price, way to high for what we received... I'm very disappointed in our food today, and now have to order additional food from another location because the 1 cup of flavorless veggies in broth is not suitable. I would've happily paid $55 for 3 lunches had they been comparable to their original menu, but paying $55 for what we received today, never again....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlie W, Owner at Help Yourself, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. We sincerely appreciate your patience through this transition. We are very pleased to say that the everyday main menu will remain very similar and will continue to offer a selection of everyone's favorite salads and wraps plus a full breakfast. In addition we will have our set daily specials menu so you will get to know what day of the week we are serving your favorite soup and hot special! For example every Tuesday we will have Indian Dahl Soup and Mediterranean Panini and on Wednesdays we will have White Bean Soup and Vegetarian Lasagna. As far as portions, we will be sure to make these acceptable as well. Again, thank you for your review, we appreciate any feedback from our customers. Please stop in again soon to view our daily specials!
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Great menu, good prices, fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I visited Key West on the last day of our vacation. We made a quick stop at Help Yourself. My husband ordered the the coconut curry bowl and I had the TLT. Both were very yummy and filling! The staff was very energetic and friendly. The atmosphere was inviting and relaxed. My husband said that the food was so fresh and tasty that even on a hot day the coconut curry was just the ticket.

• Visited September 2013
“A feel good place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I love the atmosphere here. I could literally stay here all day if I could! The food is amazing, and it's even more amazing that it's totally good for you! Although it's a little pricey, it's definitely worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Makes eating healthy delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This place allows me to maintain a consistent healthy diet by providing me with delicious wraps and juices several times a week. They have a great organic market with snacks, diet supplements, To-go snacks and a variety of other things. Every employee I've had the pleasure of dealing with were very nice and knowledgable and offered suggestions based upon my needs. They provide multiple day juicing cleanses as well. They are just a bit expensive but I will happily pay that cost as I intake some of the greatest tasting, healthy food I've ever had.

• Visited November 2012