“Echo Sunset Cruise” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Catamaran Echo

Catamaran Echo
231 Margaret St, at the Turtle Kraals Restaurant on the Harbor Walk, Key West, FL 33040
305 292 5044
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$74*
and up
Ranked #37 of 326 Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: It's always upscale on this beautiful 28 seat sailing catamaran because of quality controls - like 1/2 full maximum. Join our Wild Dolphin, Snorkel & Sailing Adventure day trip to visit Wild Dolphins in the shallow waters off Key West, Snorkel reefs, wrecks and giant sponge gardens (wherever it's best) and enjoy some great Sailing too. Top quality snacks, fruit, soft drinks, beers and wines are always included free on Catamaran Echo. Our Key West Sunset & Moet Cruise includes only the most expensive items served on the water - Champagne, 6 premium Wines, 3 top Beers and our famous Gourmet Cheese Buffet. Even better Moet & Chandon Champagnes are available as an upgrade, and at wholesale prices, but only to our guests. It's nice to know that you'll only be served the best, while sailing into the Key West sunset.
Key West, Florida
“Echo Sunset Cruise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I would not recommend this echo cruise at all......if your an older couple maybe, we are in our mid 30's and this was not worth the $75 we paid, first of all the boat sucks, can't stand up.......the owner of the boat was extremely shady, he was expecting us to tip 20% up front before we even got on the boat......I understand tipping but I'm not tipping before any service...what I did not like was when the captain of the boat was talking to us we had our backs to the owner, I happened to catch a glimpse of the owner behind us signaling to the captain to get us to upgrade for the higher price drinks........next time we will be doing the sabago or fury cruises.......will not be using echo again......stay away.

Visited June 2014
KWCaptain, Manager at Catamaran Echo, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Traveler.

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that you were disappointed in our trip. But we would have been able to respond to you better in person if you would have just let us know that you were not satisfied with the cruise soon after your arrival back to the dock. We could have tried to do something to make you happy. But a hurtful review was really not necessary.

While we have had thousands of very happy customer and many great reviews for our Sunset & Moet cruise in the past, our trip is not for everyone. A larger booze cruise is the best for some folks.
But no matter what, we always try to make our passengers happy. We just wish that you would have said something to us personally.

You must have paid at a local ticket booth, hotel or online broker because of the price mentioned. I'm sorry that you did not visit our website, where it explains that our trip is a small, intimate cruise. It also offers you a discount.
Sorry, but folks can stand up on our boat, so not sure why that was stated. We never sell all the seats so everyone has some extra room to do so. We also have the front portion of the boat so folks can have some extra room too.

Our customers have requested us to allow an option to include a tip with their trip payment on credit card, which we have. But no one EXPECTED you to tip in advance or at all. It's always at the guest's discretion and only for excellent service from our crew. While tips are customary, they are always very much appreciated, but never expected.

I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my jesters to a Captain "in training" just to make sure he OFFERED you the upgrade Champagnes. We offer them as a service to our passengers, but only at WHOLESALE cost - that means that we make no profit on those excellent Moet & Chandon champagnes. Many LOVE the opportunity to enjoy those great bottles at a "once in a lifetime" savings, served to them in style with the bouquet and tasting notes while sailing into the Key West sunset. But again, we understand that it is not for everyone. But it is important to me that everyone knows about this opportunity to increase the value of their experience.

On your next trip to Key West, please give us another chance to make you happy on one of our 4 hour daytime trips, the Wild Dolphin, Snorkel & Sailing Adventure. But please check it out on our website first and read some of the awesome reviews. Then if you are sure you want to go, just give us a call and explain your last experience. Once we verify your name on that previous sunset trip, we will give you 50% off the day trip. But I wish you were here now, because Mother Nature is giving us some awesome, amazing conditions out there with tons of wild dolphins and great snorkeling and a sailing breeze too - it's a grand slam!

Temple Terrace, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Great sunset sail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was the best sunset sail I have taken. It is a small group, not the wide party scene of other sunset sails. The crew and therefreshments are first quality. I am looking forward to sailing with them again this summer!

Visited July 2013
“Most relaxed morning! LOOOOVED IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We loved our tour! We didn't get to see many dolphins, but we sure did try. It was just so nice to be out on a boat. We did see some, and they came awful close to the boat which was amazing! Can't force nature to do what you want... we went where we could and waited. Then we went to a snorkeling area which was a nice long ride. They provided bottled water and snacks for this part. When we got our masks, it was the best explanation I've ever gotten for snorkeling without issues. I've snorkeled lots of times, but always had issues with water coming into the mask or breathing in water.... Tess took the time to help us make sure the masks were clean and clear and told us how to put them on properly. I know it seems silly... I thought I knew cause of all the times I've been snorkeling.... I guess I was wrong! My snorkeling was perfect on this trip, no water in my mask or my snorkel! The fish were great too, saw lots of barracuda and other fun fish and stingrays! It was also nice that they don't pack these boats to make extra $$. It was a small enough crowd to feel comfortable and have lots of room. After the snorkeling beer and wine was provided as well as fresh fruit and snacks.
Eddie and Tess were awesome. So knowledgeable about the water, the wildlife, and the area. It was great fun as well as educational :) I highly recommend this tour.

Visited May 2014
Houston
“Wonderful first experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My family and I had never been on a boat tour with snorkeling and dolphin watching. We didn't really know what to expect but the boat was safe and comfortable and along the way you enjoy the nice breeze and the pretty water. The dolphins would get close to the boat and it was so fun seeing them in their natural habitat. We also got to snorkel and the tour guides were so encouraging about it being our first time. Snorkeling was so much fun! The tour guides would talk about our surroundings and were very informative as well.

Gahanna, Ohio
“The best family fun in Key West!!! Kids favorite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We had so much fun! The customer service was excellent!! Took kids on dolphin tour and we were not disappointed, we got to snorkel too!! Contact Mike C. with Sebago for tickets, he hooked us up!! Tess and Eddie were fantastic, they really made us feel very comfortable on the boat. I highly recommend this trip for family fun in Key West.

Visited June 2014