“Take a bow Capt.George!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Useful Information: Activities for older children
north shields
7 attraction reviews
“Take a bow Capt.George!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A fantastic trip, value for money, informative, educational, exhilarating and a once-in-a-lifetime experience thanks to Georges' curtesy, knowledge and professionalism.....he located the dolphins using his local expertise and kept us close enough to them (for a good 90 minutes) without distressing them, something that could not be said for other boats!

Included in the price was a picnic lunch off a sandbank in the middle of nowhere, sodas, towels,scuba-diving equipment and day membership of the Marina.......George & Sheri (who called me back from her cell in the U.S, before we had left the U.K.), THANK YOU!!

Visited November 2012
wildfin, Owner at Wild About Dolphins, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
WILD about DOLPHIN's extends our gratitude and warm appreciation for your wonderful review of your trip experience. Thank you for your comments regarding WILD about DOLPHIN's Captain George's knowledge, professionalism and commitment to the Florida Keys Wild Dolphin Alliance mission and guidelines. We also appreciate your comments highlighting that our personalized tours are all-inclusive. We hope to see you again. Warm Regards, Captain Sheri

Visalia, California
“Wonderful trip with Captain George!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This trip was the best part of our visit to Key West! Captain George was very polite and accommodating. He used his contacts and located Dolphins quickly. We witnessed feeding, jumping, and mating behaviors. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everything about our day of Dolphin watching, snorkeling, and visiting a Sand Bar was wonderful. Thank you for some great experiences and life long memories.

Visited November 2012
WILD about DOLPHIN's deeply appreciates your wonderful trip review. Captain George is awesome and we are fortunate to have him as part of our team. Thank you for choosing WILD about DOLPHIN's and for taking your time to share your trip experience. I apologize for the delayed response. I left Key West in October and returned recently - I was spending time with my family in Michigan - Captain George did a great job managing operations while I was gone. We hope to see you again. Warm Regards, Captain Sheri
London, England
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've waited far too long to post my review so I apologise to Captain Sheri!

We discovered Wild About Dolphins more or less by accident; I'd previously taken a trip with another company 12 years ago, which I'd enjoyed very much and I wanted to do the trip again but this time with my husband. However, the company I'd used previously wasn't operating when we were in Key West this time and gave us two alternative suggestions. I checked the reviews on TripAdvisor (naturally) and Wild About Dolphins was far and away the best reviewed so I booked our trip. Although not a dog lover myself, I knew that my husband would love to spend time with Maya as he loves dogs and we don't have one ourselves.

I should mention that I have limited mobility and mentioned this when booking. Captain Sheri was very helpful and gracious in making it as easy for me as possible to board the boat and enjoy the trip. I have to say that I was a little worried when I discovered that there were in fact two dogs on board, Maya and another retriever belonging to another couple taking the trip. The boat is quite small (I think six passengers maximum, although there were only five of us on this trip) and I was worried about being knocked over by one or other of the dogs so I spent most of the time sitting down. Please don't think this is a complaint - merely stating facts.

Now, to the trip. We sped off in search of dolphins, at first accompanied by a display by various fighter jets, which was quite exciting! The weather was glorious and we saw lots of birds and fabulous views. Captain Sheri provided complimentary drinks and a nice snack lunch and described the various places we saw and made the trip very interesting. Once we found the dolphins it was magical. They kept their distance at first but then soon came up the boat, swimming alongside, under, all around in fact, even breaching on occasion. It was just so beautiful - an experience neither of us will forget.

After a while we stopped on a sandbank and those who wanted to were able to get out into the water. I'd intended to attempt to get out but lost my nerve so stayed in the boat. Maybe next time!

All too soon we had to return but it had been such an unforgettable experience and those memories will last a long, long time.

I can't recommend Captain Sheri highly enough. The only thing I would say is that if you don't like or are wary of dogs, this trip may not be for you. As I mentioned earlier, there were two large dogs on our trip and I did find it a little disconcerting, due to my mobility issues. However, it wouldn't stop me travelling with Captain Sheri again because she made the trip so much fun - I would, however, check that there would be just one dog on the trip and, if necessary, book an alternative day. One thing is certain - Captain Sheri is the best and I hope I get the chance to go see dolphins with her again!

Visited September 2012
wildfin, Owner at Wild About Dolphins, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Yeah! Great to receive your wonderful trip review. I am so happy to hear that you had an overall great trip experience. I would like to apologize for the confusion of having two dogs aboard. WILD about DOLPHIN's has our resident dolphin dog "Maya" (3 yr old golden retriever) who often accompanies us on our tours. We do our best to get a "heads up" from our guest's as to whether or not it is ok for "Maya" to join us on their tour.

At the time of your tour WILD about DOLPHIN's had just started working with "Bring FIDO" -a web travel site specializing in dog-friendly tours. We had not worked out all of the details at that point. Rest assured we take all guest comments to heart - we now have a clearly established policy requring a private charter for guest's wishing to bring their pet(s) along.

WILD about DOLPHIN's is pet-friendly - we have our dolphin dog "Maya" - our guest's have the choice of having Maya join us or not - we fully understand that many guest's may choose to opt for a "people-only" tour.

In the event, guest's wish to bring their dog(s) on our dolphin excursion we require they book a private charter. In this case, dolphin dog "Maya" can stay at the dock so your dog(s) are the star for the day. Sometimes, guest's like to have dolphin dog "Maya" join the trip with their dogs - she is a great pack leader and gets along great with other dogs.

Thank you so much for your patronage and wonderful trip review. WILD about DOLPHIN's looks forward to seeing you again in the future. Warmest Regards, Captain Sheri
North West England
“Brilliant trip with Captain George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

What a brilliant experience, Captain George was so patient, scouring the seas to ensure that we had a great dolphin encounter, he was so considerate to the dolphins when we came upon them ensuring that we had a lovely experience, but disturbed the dolphins as little as possible. The boat was comfortable and Captain George was the perfect host. My wife Vanessa and I had traveled down to Key West just to see the dolphins and we were not disappointed, we saw so many playing and just generally being wild mammals enjoying themselves. We would recommend Wild about dolphins to anyone wanting a professional and caring encounter with these lovely creatures

Visited October 2012
W ILD about DOLPHIN's team - Captain Sheri & Captain George thank you so much for your patronage and awesome trip review. We are so happy you had a wonderful educational, environmentally sensitive wild dolphin trip experience. WILD about DOLPHIN's owner, Captain Sheri is the founder/director of the Florida Keys Wild Dolphin Alliance - one of the numerous goals of the Florida Keys Wild Dolphin Alliance (FKWDA) is to minimize our impact on the behavior of the wild dolphins in their natural environment. According to your trip review, we accomplished this part of our mission. WILD about DOLPHIN's looks forward to seeing you in the future.
“Marine wildlife extravaganza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Wow - what an experience! Under the knowledgeable and helpful guidance of Captain George yesterday, we were treated to a marine wildlife trip that few things can parallel. We saw dolphins feeding, mating (!).....crikey, the entertainment was endless. This was followed by some snorkelling; again amazing - saw a barracuda, parrot fish, yellowtail snapper, a sargent major just to name but a few. Given the price against a lot of the entertainment you can try elsewhere in Key West, this is something not to be missed!

Visited October 2012
WILD about DOLPHIN's team - Captain Sheri & Captain George express our most sincere gratitude for your patronage and wonderful trip review. Captain George offers one of the best trip experiences ever. Thank you for taking your time to write your trip review. We look forward to your next trip with WILD about DOLPHIN's - Captain Sheri & Captain George