“Wow! Never would have gone in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant

Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant
926 Simonton St, Key West, FL 33040-7412 (Formerly Better Than Sex Dessert Restaurant)
305-296-8102
Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Jefferson, NC
“Wow! Never would have gone in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

But so glad we had heard about it. We did not have reservations, though they are recommended. Only open after six pm and stay open late. Couples kind of place and you will see all kinds of couples! Very dark and bordello like atmosphere, we loved it! And did I mention the food? Desserts only and they have fun with the names, I had "fork me fondue". Oh my it was awesome! Will be on our list when we visit again.

Visited April 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“good ideal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Me and the husband dropped the kids off at the sitter and hit the town.....had an hour wait ..but they texted us when they were ready..found that cool....loved the cheese cake....had few beers..and wine...wished they had a full bar..that would have been better...waitress was good but she came to the table way to much..felt very rushed to eat and leave..so I give them 4 stars..slow down let me enjoy my food and money I'm spending lol

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Ssssh...I faked my first dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have never been to a place like this. It only opens late evening and only serves dessert and alcohol. All the cakes are home made by recipes passed down through three generations of family. It's dark. Your menu is back lit, and you get handed a torch when you sit down, in case you need to see anything other than the menu. If you like innuendo named desserts, this is the place for you. If you like a double entendre, then ask your waitress, I'm sure she'll give you one. Great desserts, intimate setting. If you like sweet things, you should go. But here's the truth: It's NOT better than sex. If you think it is, you're doing it with the wrong person. And be warned that the desserts are so rich, if you go here thinking it's the warm up act for some late night lovin', you'll be disappointed. You leave this place feeling so full and with an impending sugar crash, that you won't be in any condition to fully enjoy the midnight hour. The only people making sweet music here, are the chefs in the kitchen. A great place though and well worth a visit. Adults only probably, to save you having to explain the menu to your kids. They have more sex references on it, than the Kama Sutra. Google it.

Visited March 2013
Valrico, Florida, United States
“Excellent desserts in fun atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved the desserts (we had cheesecake)!! We stopped by one night on a whim and they were booked up but we were able to get reservations for the next night no problem. I loved the atmosphere; very couple friendly. However it was difficult to feel too in the moment with the numerous "tween" girls that came in with parents dressed in cut-offs and tees. :( I was dressed up for my husband as were many other women. This definitely spoiled the mood. My only other observation was that the female servers were graceful; the men could use a little more finesse. We didn't appreciate one of the male servers reaching across us to take our sugar & creamer without an "excuse me" or even asking if we were done. My advice - don't take the place too seriously. Go there to have fun; don't worry about what to wear and enjoy the AWESOME desserts!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

What does bordello decor, incredibly low lighting, huge dessert portions and a blush-inducing menu add up to? A fun and memorable evening. Okay, the prices may be a bit hight and for a dessert restaurant, the dishes were not out of this world creations, but they were still very tasty and visually pleasing. It is certainly worth the splurge (calorically and financially) for a unique experience.

• Visited March 2013