“Not as funny as I thought” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 184 things to do in Key West
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: A very unusual cemetery - several graves have humorous epitaphs (e.g., "I told you I was sick").
Stockholm, Sverige
8 attraction reviews
“Not as funny as I thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had read about this cemetary in my guide book that it had some really funny quotes on the gravestones, like the famous one "I told you I was sick". But we didn't see any other. We got a map at the main entrance. It had some information about the graves of famous Key West-people and a couple of tragically killed people. We had to go further so we didn't had time to go around the whole cemetary. It was a little dissapointing to not find any of the "funny quotes" that we were promised in our book, but at least we got to see a cemetary that seemed to be a typical old one.

• Polish first
White Plains, New York
35 attraction reviews
“Interesting Walkthru!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We rode our bicycles through this cemetery and it was a great experience. In some cases sad because of the age at death of some of its residents.

13 attraction reviews
“historic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was on a historic trolley tour and this is a place we stopped. It was pretty neat to see the above ground vaults and the grouping of families in these vaults.

Visited July 2012
St Pete, Fl
“Fascinating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We loved the cemetary. We saw dates back to the mid 1800's and whole families together. We even saw a live iguana!

Camdenton, Missouri
“Very interesting. A lot of history in this old cemetery .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

So sad that the city does not take better care of this cemetery. See a lot of maintenance men there, not sure what they do. Trash everywhere. Flowers pots strewn about. Shame !