“Great Seafood” 4 of 5 stars

305-295-7447
Improve this listing
Ranked #195 of 337 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Cutler Bay, Fl
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stopped by hear in between lunch in dinner. We decided to share some appetizers and some cold beers. We ordered their Taste of Key West which comes with conch fritters, dolphin fingers and fried shrimp. All were wonderful. Conch fritter batter was nice and light with nice pieces of conch in them. Both fish and shrimp had a light batter on them, which I really liked. Would definitely recommend this appetizer. Mother-in-law had the creamy corn and crab chowder. Was absolutely delicious. The only downside is the fact that their air conditioning is broke. We were comfortable, but we are Floridians. I could see where some people would be uncomfortable. I saw all the windows open and fans everywhere and asked if their was a problem, and they told me the air conditioning had been broken since back in April.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stopped by for a snack and drinks with my girlfriend. The mahi mahi, shrimp, and conch fritter trio were just what we were looking for. Sat at the bar where Cheryl was super friendly and right there to see how things were and if there was anything else we needed. Will be sure to stop again on our next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, Virginia
“Succulent food accented with outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Finding great food at a reasonable price is quite the feat in Key West. One day while I was out scoping the area for different food options I ran across this place. Although I was just inquiring about the restaurant the staff was friendly and very helpful. They provided me with a menu that I could take with me and assured me that I wouldn't be disappointed if we returned to dine there. So that evening my husband and I decided to give it a try and they were right - we weren't disappointed. We started off with Grouper Cheeks, lightly fried, and served with Island Tartar sauce. Having never had Grouper Cheeks before we were delighted to find them delicious! For our entrees I ordered the Clam Linguine, but substituted angel hair for the linguine. My husband ordered the Jambalaya. Neither of us again was disappointed. But we all know that great food isn't really great unless you have great service. Beth, our waitress, provided not only great service but excellent service. She was very attentive to our needs, our drinks never went empty, she would converse with us to make our experience more like a family dinner, she made us feel important. In fact I would even say that in the 2 weeks we've been here it has been the best service we've had overall! Thank you Beth for making our dining experience at Red Fish Blue Fish extraordinary!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shifnal, United Kingdom
“Ok meal but 1 highlight the chowder.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this based on a recommendation from a local. This was for the chowder which I had and I had to agree with the recommendation. The chowder was creamy and with just the right combination of fish to vegetable. I then had the crab cakes and mashed potatoes. I'd like to suggest to people that they skip the remoulade as for me it was too spicy with the crab and overpowered the delicate flavour of it. I'd suggest some lemon/lime as a gentle squeeze. I'd also recommend the side my wife had of the island rice which had a good fragrance and bite. My wife had a excellent house salad which she enjoyed, and was also of a good portion size. Looking at another recent post I wonder if that reviewer had the same server we had as we both felt that he seemed a little disinterested in us.
PS people do expect to leave a tip but I'm not sure the ready reckoned in the bill/check holder is a good idea as it does ram it in ones face a bit.

Visited September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate lunch here Sept 12th after coming down from Fort Myers on the Jet Express. The food was average, except for the conch chowder & that was pretty good. However, the waiter didn't really seem to care one way or the other about his service. My husband ordered a hamburger. The waiter asked how he wanted it cooked and my husband replied, "well done". The waiter then said, "Well that will take a really long time to cook, are you sure you want it cooked that way?" What difference did it make to him? We felt that was very rude. If we would ever return to Key West, we would not return to this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere