“Had a great time here” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Ledge Paradise Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Stone Ledge Paradise Inn Motel
You added Stone Ledge Paradise Inn Motel to your Saves list
95320 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Ranked #13 of 19 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Detroit, MI
“Had a great time here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

After reading the previous reviews, I had my doubts about staying here with my family and found I was pleasantly surprised. The staff and the other guests were very friendly and helpful. It’s at a great location away from traffic, but close to all activities we wanted to do. The rooms were simple, clean and provided us with a good night’s sleep and everythng we needed. Loved being right on the water as we did lots of swimming, kayaking and caught crabs or fished off the dock most nights. Some people kept their boats (at no charge) at the dock all week and were out everyday enjoying the water. There is a dog and bird on the premises, but the bird was caged and the dog was always on a leash when outside. I would definitely stay here again for the price, location and the great people.

• Liked — The people and location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

This motel was terrible!! The staff was rude to us and very unprofessional. When we went to our room, they gave us the wrong room number. Walking into the room, it smelled of mold, urine, and vomit. There was hair in the bathroom, stains on the sheets and the paint was chipped off the "newly renovated room". We ended up sleeping in the car for the night because even THAT was better accomodations than what Stone Ledge offered. I would absolutly NOT recommend this motel to anyone.
Go somewhere else!

• Liked — The only 'nice' thing about this motel was the pier.
  • Disliked — Hmm, just about eveything else!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southeast Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

A nice, clean 50's style hotel/motel with a comfy bed and cold a/c. In fact, a more comfy bed than the $300 per night inn that we stayed at in Key West! This was a very affordable, down to earth place to stay. One level with parking across the driveway from your door. Great if you're a diver with all your gear! We had a kitchenette and the fridge cooled everything down great. Unlike previous reviews, we did not have any bugs, mold, or rusty appliances. We talked with the managers and everyone was very accomodating and wanted to know if anything could be done to further improve the place. This isn't the "Ramada Inn" style of hotel, no workout gym or attached restaurant or bar; but if you like the places with character and style with a good bed, clean room/bathroom and cold a/c, it's probably for you.

• Liked — Clean Room Comfy Bed
  • Disliked — Flat Pillows
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

Ihave been staying here with my family for years, the hotel has been refurbished and the staff and owners are always on top of everything, they care about the guests, it is such a cute little place and the beach in the back is real nice, there is even a dock and pier.

• Liked — Clean and room had air on and fridge running
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SW Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Well I'm glad I didn't see the previous review, because I would have never went, and I would have missed out . The hotel itself was okay, it was clean, but the beds and mattresess were old, and most of the dressers were old also, but the AC was colder than Ice and we didnt stay much indoors anyway. What really made it good was the private little beach and pier, with cristal clear clean water and the friendly staff. There were 16 in my party, and we all agreed the beach and water at stone ledge was better than the water at John Pennekamp park. All in all, if your not going to be hanging out a lot in hotel rooms, this is the perfect place, quiet, serene, beautiful sunsets, an a special little place. Just a suggestion, bring your own pillows and blankets, because theirs are new, just kind of thin.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

The management and staff were nice. The boat dock was narrow but the motel was just around the corner from public access. A manatee came up to the dock the night we were there and the kids swam with it. The kids were holding star fish found near the dock the next morning. If you're not an animal person, the bird near the front office and their dog that ran about the property would likely be an issue for you. They were harmless but not a standard feature of most hotels. As for the rooms, there were ants in the windows and running around (although not in) the refrigerator. There were various beetles & other insects to be found in the room. Fortunately we didn't see any roaches, however, that may be because we didn't have a kitchenette in our room. (That's pretty much what kept the rating from being a one-star.) There was a stench in the room that bordered on musty/molding and dirty. It was probably the matresses/box springs. I'm sure humidity played a part in that but so does time. The sheets and towels were very thin and in dire need of replacement. Although the furniture seemed to have been recently painted in FL colors, it was obviously old and worn. The view out my back window appeared to have been of a junk yard or a place to dispose of old cars. I felt safer leaving my belongings locked in my vehicle to deter both theft and the potential of taking some of the rooms residents home with me. I didn't sit on the toilet. When I was in the room. I wore shoes at all times - not just in the shower. The issues with the hotel couldn't be fixed with a simple phone call. Although their were only minor signs of it, management appeared to be making an effort to improve the standards of the hotel.

• Liked — The manatee
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

This is the worst motel ever! Filthy floors, rusted mini frig., broken door locks, dirty sheets, no phone, shower had massive mildew on the ceiling, broken tiles and someone with a pass key came in and left feces on the towel hanging in the bathroom. Awful, creepy place. All for just $95.00! I have since contacted the better business bureau about this one.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The filthiness and dilapidation
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stone Ledge Paradise Inn Motel? Share your experiences!