“Comfortable stay in this motel” 4 of 5 stars

Key West Inn - Key Largo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   201 Ocean Drive, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Key Largo
London SE27
“Comfortable stay in this motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights here in October & were impressed by the space & facilities in this apartment/room. Large fully equipped kitchen which opened out onto a balcony overlooking the waterway. Living room area on the first floor, with good size flat screen TV (which we did experience some problems with but engineer arrived almost immediately to fix it). Bed was comfortable & TV in bedroom also. There were 2 bathrooms- the one on the lower floor with shower & seat for those with mobility problems & room itself can be accessed by ramp for those in a wheelchair etc.

Wifi OK.

The accommodation looks a bit tired inside & outside & decor rather dated, (our bedspread had what appeared to be a cigarette burn) but generally was fine for us & we really appreciated the extra space available. Check in & out was easy & staff friendly. Very reasonable rates & would recommend as place to stay whilst travelling the Keys.

It seemed to be geared up for fishermen/snorkellers/divers etc & good base for exploring the reef nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager33037, General Manager at Key West Inn - Key Largo, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Key West Inn at Key Largo. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our spacious suites and inviting views. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Key Largo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is an older, well-maintained property. Dana, the front desk manager, was very pleasant and helpful. She gave us recommendations and money saving coupons for a number of restaurants in the area.

Each unit is two-stories with parking underneath your unit. The first floor has a living room with a hide-a-bed couch, kitchen, bathroom with a shower and a screened porch which overlooks a canal and marina. The upstairs bedroom has lots of closet and drawer space and a table with chairs. The bathroom has a tub/shower installed. There were TVs up and downstairs. There was a iron and ironing board and a safe. A hair dryer was available in the downstairs bath. Bring your own shampoo as none was provided. Our unit (room 104) was clean and everything worked fine. The only maintenance issue was the curtain sheers in the bedroom window were badly ripped but the blackout curtains were fine. Free wireless internet, a coin operated laundry and swimming pool are also available. We did not use these facilities so we have no comment regarding them.

Across the canal was a bar and restaurant with very loud live music. Enjoying quiet conversation and a glass of wine on the screen porch didn't mix well with the gang across the water. The music may disturb a light sleeper even with the windows closed and the a/c going.

We stayed only one night, however I feel safe in suggesting that the Inn would be a great place for a longer stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager33037, General Manager at Key West Inn - Key Largo, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to review the Key West Inn at Key Largo. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and island atmosphere. We do hope that we get to see you for a longer period of time in the future.
Crystal River, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Back again this year on our way to Key West.. Stayed in 2012 and enjoyed having all the space. Has bdr upstairs, 2 baths & tvs... this was a big plus for me. Balcony off the full kitchen overlooking the inlet to watch yatchs go in and out.. Older hotel so know that going in/ if you like a firm mattress should be great for you if not the couch is comfy. Using the coupon from the Hotel Coupons book was $79 + tax and fees, total was still $101 but least expensive in the area. Would return, staff was sooooo great !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Key West Inn at Key Largo. We love to see our repeat guest excited about the property and eagerly waiting to come back. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We found this place headed home from Key West, where prices are outta sight, instead of a name brand chain and think we got the better deal. It would be a great value for a family return. Only one hour, 15 minutes to Miami Airport. You can cook, watch the snorklers set sail or motor while you enjoy morning coffee, watch TV upstairs and down, TWO bathrooms, huge upstairs bedroom and clean carpets. Quiet. Mindful of the negative reviews, we employed our old Mexico days of asking "puedo verlo" (may I see it?) first and found the room squeaky clean, no torn screens, etc. So don't just take the first room; look around and get what suits and, for goodness sakes, tell your partner and management ASAP if you see a problem and get it solved. You can stay at cookie cutter chain anywhere.

Room Tip: 120 was good, but close to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Key West Inn at Key Largo. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed all your spacious room had to offer. It doesn't matter if you're a family, couple, or a single person, why stay in a box with a bed when you can have an entire 1 Bedroom 2 Bath Condo with a full kitchen and patio overlooking the marina at a better price? We look forward to seeing you on your next adventure.
st catharines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed there for two nights. When i checked out and asked for my receipt I was told the computer was down, so I got the desk person to write out my final bill including tax. He did so, with his initials beside the amount. Just received my statement from Visa and it is $25 more than it should have been, Called the manager and he (Jeremy) said, oh didn't you see that when you signed in that it said cost of room, taxes and fees. I did not use the phone, the safe or any other extras. He said the extra $25 was for having a safe in the room and "resort fees". I said, you have got to be kidding. No mention of these fees were made at check in. I have opened up a VISA dispute. The rooms may have been worth it, but don't tack on fees later when I have now travelled 1500 miles back home. Very bad business practices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Avon Lake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After reading mixed reviews that seemed to have an improving curve, I decided to give this motel a try. I am hear to tell you that room #108 confirmed every prior negative review. As we registered at the front desk Lorie was very pleasant, I remembered reading a favorable review referencing a Lorie at the front desk cutting up some coconuts for a happy guest and became more hopeful. As I approached the room it appears someone had slit the screen by the front window, ignored that did not want to scare my wife. Went into the room and went to open the patio door to gets some fresh air confirmed my fears about the front window this door had been physically damaged sometime ago by a forced entry. Began to recall the negative reviews referencing how rough this motel was reported to be back in 2009 and 2011. Talked with my wife and started to look for another place to stay. Not being a football fan, did not realize that this was Super Bowl Weekend. Over the next days of our stay I realized that all of the negative reviews are absolutely correct. The tub was defective they tried to repair it by installing a patch job using fiberglass cloth and glue. It did not work so they simply removed the drain stop so you could fill the tub. The sink stops had been disconnected. The first night I awoke and the front desk red call button indicated I had a message, I called the front desk, no answer! Called the next morning and Lorie answered and quickly explained she would fix the problem, the red light went off. Two days I wake in the middle of the night I have a red light indicating to me to call the front desk. You guessed it no answer and the problem is still there. I remembered how sincere the apologies were from Tarainn and the general manager who replaced her when they answered negative reviews Thats when it hit me the Key West Inn policy is apologize but don't correct the problem. I remember one policy the manager referred to that since they get complaints about the nightclub across the canal they try to steer guests away from this room. We (my wife and I are seniors) made our reservation approximately 5-7 weeks in advance arrived early and were assigned by Lorie to room 108 directly across from the night club room108. To give you an insight into the quality of the kitchen the refrig has been repaired with Duct Tape. I could repeat for you the numerous faults other guests have reported over the past three years but you can check them. I'll give you one more example, When we checked out my wife did not want to pay a phony in room safe charge (picture this the charge totalled $6 dollars over our four day stay) She held my wife up at the front desk for forty five minutes, I told my wife sign the 850 dollar bill and asked the front desk who could not make the adjustment to put me in contact with the manager. She stated her name was Lorie Diebor and she was the front desk manager and she was not going to correct the issue since I was not speaking to her properly . If you stay at this place my best advice is do not accept room 108, if you do you have my sympathy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Key West Inn at Key Largo. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do our best to please every guest. If a guest ahs a problem with a certain room we generally move them to one more suitable. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.
Michigan City, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Our recent experience was pretty bad. Our room was old and dirty. Although surface clean, the carpet was from the 80's, nasty. The bathroom was held together by caulk and the interior paint job reminded me of a seedy motel where drug dealers and prostitutes hang out.

The pool was unbelievably bad. The whole thing is a heap of flaking paint and cracked concrete. Beyond that, it was full of bugs and overly cold for a "heated pool." My guess is, no one would ever swim in it, so why heat it?

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Key West Inn - Key Largo? Share your experiences!