“Couldn't get past desk clerk!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Key West Inn - Key Largo to your Saves list
Key West Inn - Key Largo
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   201 Ocean Drive, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Key Largo
“Couldn't get past desk clerk!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We found this hotel at 1100 pm and went in to see if they had a vacancy. A van whipped into the "guests only/check in" parking spot right in front of us so we pulled up further and walked in. Come to find out it was the desk clerk who was just coming into work. The lobby had a moldy smell to it an the desk area was a mess. The clerk was horrible and argued with me over the room rate which I had found on hotels.com. He said he would not give me a room at that rate and that I could "try to book it and see what happens". While this was happening, the off going clerk was around the corner, making sarcastic noises. He continued to try and argue with me over the price so I just left. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. We never made it past him, so I can't tell you what the rooms and such are like....I just know that based on how I was treated, that I would NOT recommend this place to ANYONE!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Adamsburg, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed Sept. 14 thru Sept. 18 and would have stayed longer if I could. Everybody was great from front desk to booking a snorkeling trip. Pool is small but very clean, nice place to relax. The music from the bar across the canel wasn't to loud and was nice to listen too with a beer on the porch. They even gave me a discount on my last night when I asked. Will be back next year. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Kitchen utensils need upgraded, bigger coffee pots and mugs, bring can opener for bottles
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to the Keys for Holiday Weekend and late at night could not find a hotel with any vacancy on the main road and pulled off at 1am and found this lovely place. It was 1 am and the front desk clerk was very accomadating. The room was more like a townhouse, and very clean. Upstairs bedroom with bath and downstairs pull out sofa with kitchen and bath. Had a screened in porch right on the canal to watch the scuba and surf boats go out. Has a pool but it is small and we wound up going to Pennecamp State Park for snorkeling but The Key West Inn does have snorkle trips right there at hotel and also jet ski rentals. We will definately go back as we were very happy. Great for families and the price is great! Close to food, shopping and lots of outdoor adventures!

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms look over the canal and that they are all townhouse style so any one of t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We chose this hotel on last trip to Key Largo. We had no expectations going in based on all the reviews. This hotel is just average. You get what you pay for. We got good deal thru hotels.com and then found cheaper rate directly thru key west inns website. Hotels.com honored the better rate and refunded the difference. Pretty nice condsidering first booking with hotels.com.

Hotel is older on main canal in key larg. 3-5 dive boats outside hotel not a lot of noise but noticeable. There is bar directly across the canal that had music playing till about 1030 or so not a bother to us. This is two story unit with living room(tube tv) and kitchen (vent stocked to well). There s bathroom with shower on first floor as well. Second floor has bedroom with bathroom and tub/shower combo.

Hotel was cheap and we got cheap accommodations. No complaints we would stay at again if the price was that much better than holiday inn or courtyard marriott in same location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here with our four kids and found that it was the perfect size and value for us. Very close to the John Pennecamp park and many other activities. Also they sell excursions on the property making it easy to plan your day. It has a full kitchen with dishwasher which make it nice for me to cook for a family of our size it really helps save money If we can cook instead of eat out three times a day.

• Stayed August 2012
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was great , rooms are really town house's and big, clear and near everthing in Key Largo . Plus right on the water we will come back soon .The Rainbow Reef Diving co. is only 1/4 mile away so close you can walked to it and all the venders are near by

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently made a reservation to come down and dive. I called the hotel- the rate they gave me was higher than the on-line rate on their site for the upcoming Friday. I told them I would make it online. On Tuesday I bashed my finger in the door,ripping my nail off. I called and cancelled our dive, and then called the Key West Inn to cancel my reservation for the upcoming Friday. I was told the reservation was for the past Sunday,not for the upcoming Friday. I spoke to two managers who insisted I had made a res. for a different day. I gave them the name of the dive operation we had reservations with- who could confrim our date- we were coming from the other coast to dive. I never rcd. a confirmation from the Key West Inn- my fault for not asking for one; I've never run into a situation like this before..They insisted they had the confirmation- and their computer was infallable.They refused to refund the res; Jeremy said they had held our space. He confirmed they were not full that night, so they didn't really lose money on our so- called res. I asked if they were completely empty, if he would still take this stance, he said yes. I was very disappointed that I not only missed our dives,due to my injury, but was also stuck for a hotel room I didn't use.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Key West Inn - Key Largo? Share your experiences!