“Keys Diver... THE BEST OF THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 101 Activities in Key Largo
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Keys Diver offers 3 Snorkel tours and 2 SCUBA trips, daily, to the reefs and wrecks of Pennekamp Park and the National Marine Sanctuary in Key Largo, Florida. We are a PADI Dive Center and provide snorkel and SCUBA instruction.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Keys Diver... THE BEST OF THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Let's start out from the beginning. I was a newly certified diver who had never taken a dive in the ocean before, only in quarries. My parents came with me, but they decided to snorkel instead because they were not certified. Our crew was Captain Dave and Diver Allison. They were amazing, fun and made me feel safe on the boat. We went to Molasses Reef.
I was scared out my wits for barracuda, sharks, dolphins and anything that was potentially dangerous. They made me feel safe and okay about diving in the ocean for the first time.

Molasses Reef was beautiful. The day we went was perfect, and it was only Allison and I scuba diving. The visibility was 80 feet, there were barely waves and the water temperature and air temperature were 83 degrees. I saw so many things such as a school of barracuda, a nurse shark, the 400 pound Goliath Grouper named Mo, parrotfish playing with each other, and one little fish followed me the whole entire first dive!

The only problem I had was that there were a bunch of jellyfish on our way to get back on the boat. It obviously is not Key Divers fault, but Allison put herself in front of me and moved the jellyfish out of the way for me so I would not get stung.

In all, Key Divers is where I am going next!

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Good afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a good snorkel trip both the captain and dive master were professional and informative.
We went straight to the Christ statue the sea was a little rough and visibility slightly impaired but once you negotiated the few jellyfish the sight was amazing. We done another 2 dives further along the same reef (only about 1/2 mile apart) plenty of fish to see even a stingray but again visibility a bit poor. We would recommend Keys and will probably use them again..

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Great snorkeling trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Keys Diver took us last minute when our reservations at a nearby snorkel company cancelled on us. We sent out to Christ the Abyss and a neighboring reef, totaling 2 hours in the water and 4 hours total for the trip. We saw a nurse shark, jellies, and lots of barracudas. Great variety of fish and the boat was comfortable, We enjoyed ourselves.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Snorkeling trip with family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family and i recently visited key largo and went snorkeling with Keys Diver. The crew Tim and Kevin were great. Very personable and extreamly knowledgable with any questions we had. The reefs were also spectacular. Although the crew was great the equipment on the boat was in poor shape. The masks were blurry and gunky and the mouth pieces were chewed up on the snorkels. Its not that they arent cleaned because Tim cleaned them after the trip, just old.

Visited September 2013
KeysDiver2, Owner at Keys Diver Snorkel & Scuba, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks for letting us know about the equipment. We are proud of our crew, and the equipment that we supply. We did go and check the boat, and yes, there definitely were some pieces that need changing. It has been a busy summer and in the fall there is always some upgrading to do. We are sorry that you got less than perfect gear but assure you that we have checked everything so this will not happen again.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“A great day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Choose between glass-bottomed boats and regular. Plenty of time in the water, well run. Snorkel equipment is included as well

Visited October 2012