“Quiet and beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Key Largo B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Quiet and beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The location of this hotel is fantastic for relaxation. We attended a wedding at the hotel, and the location couldn't have been more perfect or beautiful. The rooms were nicely updated, and the staff was friendly and pleasant. The only thing missing was a breakfast option in the morning. Even just fresh coffee would have been nice (there were coffee makers in the room though). It was a nice stay, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet getaway or location for a beach wedding.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The pros, nice location on the water. Grounds well maintained, very serene and relaxing. Hammocks and chairs along water for resting. Front desk staff friendly and accomodating. Clientele friendly and quiet. Decent restaurants within driving distance. Kayaks and paddleboards available for use - no charge.
Cons, we were in a patio room, but spent one night in a suite in between since we lost water. I notified the front desk of the low water pressure, and they were good about getting someone to look at it asap. Maintenance came and said they would work on it. Meanwhile they gave us access to a suite to shower. Was a pain to go from room to room with our stuff to just shower, but we were willing to do it given the impression it would be fixed soon. We left and returned around 9 pm, and found no water. So I called the emergency number a few times and the owner walked out. I was told there was a major leak and they had to turn the water off. I asked about alternatives and was offered to use the sink/toilet in the back office. When you are traveling with a family with young kid(s), you need water, throughout the night as well. So our alternatives were to either check-out and go somewhere else, or move to another room. I was frustrated that I had to explain this and ask for room alternatives. I understand things happen, and was sympathetic, but at the same time, I would have appreciated better communication on what was going with the plumbing. So, we ended up temporarily moving to the suite we showered in, and slept there. Our things were in two rooms, and we were waiting for some update in the plumbing. We had to ask in the morning multiple times what was happening, and then told it wouldn't be fixed until 1 pm. Eventually, we returned to our original room. The upside, we were given a 10% discount, and got to experience both a patio room and suite. Downside was having to yo-yo between rooms, and wait for a major maintenance issue to be resolved. I would recommend the suite over the patio room. Its much nicer, more space, and better updated. Also the bed is much more comfortable. The bed in our patio room was concave, like sleeping in a bowl. For breakfast, they really could add some simple items like bagels/cream cheese, cereal and/or better baked goods to make it really match the quality of the rest of the resort. Pool was nicely heated as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Westminster, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here before Christmas. We had an excellent time. The room was large for the two of us. It had a great patio in the back. There is a large sandy area right in the water with hammocks and chairs for relaxing. We shared a glass of wine under the stars each night. They have kayaks and paddle boards for guests to use. Breakfast is set out each morning outside. I loved this. The office has hours between 9 and 6 so this could be an issue for some. As far as we knew there was no one after 6 pm except for an emergency number. This was not an issue for us and we did not see this as a negative. The staff was great and we had a wonderful time. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2013
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Coconut Palm Inn for 2 nights and it was fantastic. I was drawn in by the great reviews I read and the nice pictures of their rooms they had on their website. Their staff were really on top of things when they called me to confirm what type of room I wanted. They were also very accomodating on helping me change my reservation dates for no charge when our plans fell through. On the day of, they made late check in easy and even upgraded us to the screened in porches, which are very nice to avoid the bugs at night. The room itself is just as you see in their pictures; clean, renovated rooms and bathrooms with adequate water pressure. Their grounds are clean with 2 nice docks to walk on. Breakfast was easy, with freshly baked loaves. Little upside down jelly fish littered their shores but were very cute. Ample furniture and kayaks available. I couldn't say more good things about this place... And the price is reasonable! If I come to key largo again, I already know I'm staying here again. A definite recommend!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

A perfect place to unwind after a busy day. Next time, I'll plan on staying a week or more, as they have a frig and microwave. This bungalow was classy, clean, quiet and offered a sunset view, private pool, hammock and more. The reception was lovely, and we, too, were given a selection of restaurants locally to choose from that were exceptional. It is tucked away from the Hwy 1 on the gulf side in Tavernier. Perfect location for going north or south. I'm thinking about this as a rest destination to take a backpack of books. Much more relaxing than Maui or LaPaz.

Room Tip: This establishment only has a few rooms, so I can't tell what the assortment are. It is an old...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Imagine being transported to an isolated Caribbean Island resort without the travel involved and only a short 1 1/2 hour drive south of the Miami Airport. Terrific heated swimming pool especially nice for kids, and lots of free small boat choices for paddling in the bay.Two recent upgrades including new docks and room improvements have made it even better. This one is a jewel, but I am not sure that I want anyone else to know about it !

Room Tip: The rooms facing the bay and beach are good but even the ones on the back side are nice and only a 5...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My friend and I were staying in the Keys and chose this hotel based on Trip advisor's rating. we were definitely not disappointed! We were kindly upgraded to a bigger room and all of our needs were catered for. We were also suggested a fantastic restaurant in the vicinity where we had a great time! Highly recommend stay in Tavernier, with a beautiful sunset, great swimming pool and great hotel room

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coconut Palm Inn? Share your experiences!