“What a perfect place to catch "Keys Disease"!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Cove Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Bay Cove Motel
You added Bay Cove Motel to your Saves list
99446 Overseas Hwy (MM 99.5) Bayside, Key Largo, FL 33029   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Key Largo B&B and Inns
“What a perfect place to catch "Keys Disease"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Our room was nice. Little cottages, nice beds large showers (if you are taller than five foot three you have to duck a bit). I found great pleasure in the quirky landscaping. Local flora mixed with exotics in charming xeriscape groupings. Each cottage is painted with small murals of local wildlife and comes with out door picnic settings. Our time there was delightful in every way. The
beachfront area is small but affords all access to the gulf by boat
, swimming or snorkeling. Bay Cove is very affordable so make your reservations early and enjoy.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Pretty much what I expected from reading the reviews on here. My husband and I loved it - reminded us of hotels we stayed in with our parents when we were kids. Comfortable, our room was clean - it's all you need in the Keys! They'll give you a coupon for a free Key Lime freeze next door at Mrs. Mac's - make sure you get one! Those things are yummy!
Super nice people and great location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

We found this place via google not knowing the area. We liked their beach access and closeness to everything. Room lacked hanging space unless you count some hooks on the wall. We had clean sheets and linens when we arrived but they did not come once to make beds, empty trash or bring fresh towels in 3 days.

• Stayed April 2012
wilton manors
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

nothing fancy, older place but clean and what a spot! Close to all kinds of good spots, restaurants, bars on water and right on the gulf. Can sip a cocktail on the hammock, take a dip off the pier, or kayak. Quiet,nice. Patty and Margo were great with tips on good spots to eat and accommodating with everything else. Park right there and you're in. Can walk to Bayside Grill for music and watch the sunset or watch it right there at Bay Cove. Local breakfast diners as well. Casual and relaxing motel. Marie and Joe will be down there again : )

Room Tip: some rooms have a direct gulf view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed for a few days. We didn't spend much time in the motel because there is so much to do in the area. I loved the feel of the place! With some attention and deep cleaning, it could be perfect! We had little ants (I think) everywhere! They got in everything...including my cereal bowl WHILE I was eating out of it! Gross! My dresser had a dirty washcloth in it that must have been put in wet because the whole drawer smelled like mold. There were stains on all the linens and the couch cover was dirty. A little attention to detail and maybe some fumigating would make this place perfect. I loved that they had kayaks and snorkel gear to use for free...although I was worried about using the snokel because if everything else was dirty, there was no guarantee that they sanatized the snorkel mouthpiece. Ick! Overall, I had a good time. Probably because I spent most of my time outside!

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

Had a blast and it was right on the water and the staff was friendly and knowledgable. Thanks again Patty we will be back next year!

• Stayed March 2012
Umeå, Västerbottens Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed for days in Febr 2012 after cruising the carribean. We really enjoyed this place. No fancy flat screen Tv or something but just quiet, close to the ocean, nice trees and squirells around. Was like living in a park. Old but nice and clean. We had nr 8, with oven, micro and stove. Everything you need for an economic stay. Friendly staff

We are coming back. I hope it will be a tarpoon fishing trip spring 2013.
As I said its not for those of you that is used with 200dollars hotels. This is much better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Cove Motel? Share your experiences!