“The BEST Anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“The BEST Anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I trust the sushi at Num Thai over anyplace else! If my husband would agree, We would eat there 5 nights a week! Instead, I only eat there 2-3 times a week. Trust the locals - we know where to find 'the dirt' and this is NOT the place! Fresh fish, reasonable,
Good service and ALWAYS wins awards
Every year Which says a lot!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pleasanton, California
“Reasonably priced, good food and service. Great dining option in Key Largo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having lived in the SF Bay Area for over 30 years and traveled to many different Asian countless number of times, I am definitely spoiled when it comes to Asian food. But with that said, I find the Thai food here at Num Thai to be pretty well made. Being in Key Largo, I don't expect any food that is worth raving about. But the food here is truly worth the price. The sushi is on the average side but it's still worth ordering. We came in here at 2:50pm, just before they closed for the afternoon at 3pm. I can tell that the server wasn't too happy about it but she still served us with a smile. We got our order in by 2:55 since we are very familiar with Thai food selections.

The red curry with chicken and the Tom Yum soup are both pretty authentic...maybe a bit milder than those I am used to in the SF Bay Area but I think most people won't like it too spicy in the local area. And I never eat Thai food within the oh-so-awesome Thai iced coffee...the coffee here is perfect so I even ordered another one for the road since I had a long drive to Orlando. My sons ordered some sushi and sashimi. The sashimi was not as fresh as I wanted but still edible. The sushi rolls were typical average quality...but not too bad and is still worth ordering.

This is our second time here...first time was a few years ago. Our experience has been great both times here and the food is pretty good. The prices are very reasonable. We would come back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Okay - not that great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are very spoiled when it comes to Asian food so we were not impressed by the Thai dishes that we ordered. The beef salad was not that great. The curry dish we ordered tasted more like a tomato sauce than a curry sauce. We didn't bother with the sushi as it looked like grocery store quality, not impressed. The kids dish we ordered for my daughter, chicken strips with rice was actually the best dish we ordered. But anyplace that combines 2 different asian food offerings (1 from Thailand, 1 from Japan) should tip off anyone that it's better to concentrate on one specialty and do well rather than offer two distinct cuisines and do just okay.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Bad take out experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Hate to be a nay-sayer but we got take out from Num Thai and it was not good. We ordered veg stir fry with added tofu - no tofu, and the veg was cabbage (literally all cabbage). We ordered red curry as well and it was decent. We ordered a few pieces of sushi with brown rice but it came with white rice and no soy sauce. So disappointing after a long busy day. We were starving and this was most unsatisfying.

Visited August 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Great Thai cuisine for a great price for The Keys.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We dined here as a family of 5 and the restaurant was very crowded. After eating here it was easy to see why! The food was great, the glass noodles and the Panang Curry especially. We did not have sushi but it looked very fresh and other tables were raving about it. The price was incredible for this area! Every other dinner all week was over $120 for the 5 of us and this was only $65. Highly recommend, we'll be back!!!

• Visited August 2013