“Well worth the drive..” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
3 attraction reviews
“Well worth the drive..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on Captiva and really wanted to swim with the dolphins..so we made the 3 plus hour drive to Dolphin Cove..I was sincerely pleased with the experience..my 17 year old and his 17 year old girlfriend did the structured swim..the trainers and the workers were great..there was a photographer taking photos and I had already known the price of $80 and thought it was too high and had no intentions of purchasing the CD..but after the experience and seeing the photos there was no way I could pass them up...and its well worth it! After all this is not something you do every day..also dolphin cove is also owned by dolphins plus..dolphins plus had gotten too big of a dolphin population and decided to open dolphin cove.

Visited September 2013

Columbus, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Had a BLAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a huge Dolphin enthusiast and on our trip we all went to swim with the dolphins. They were very well experienced and knew everything question that was asked. The dolphins were so friendly and did as asked. I am also a big fan that they stay in natural ocean water. I am not a fan of zoos that do these type of exhibits. A++++ and would recommend for other dolphin enthusiasts.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great family outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have visited this facility for the second time this summer! It was a wonderful experience. The dolphins are amazing creatures and the staff is very caring and passionate about what they do.

Love it love it love it!

Visited July 2013
London
6 attraction reviews
“Returned after 11 years and it is still amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Loved every minute of it!
11 years ago I swam with Alfonz and Duke (Duke is no longer there) when I was a child, I am now 21 and it was as special as the first time. At first you are educated about the dolphins by a member of staff, given the opportunity to ask any questions and then you are fitted with a life jacket. Then your group is allocated dolphins that would best suit you.

The only thing I would comment on is that years ago, you were put into pairs around the lagoon with a trainer and each pair would get to work with 2 dolphins and that was your session. It seems now, they make a larger group by putting more groups together, so in our whole group there was 8 of us and we shared Samantha and Isaac in turns. I guess this may because they are so busy now and obviously making more money and having to accommodate for more visitors.

This time I was paired with Samantha and her baby Isaac who were really great. The trainer was amazing and really enthusiastic about her job, she really has a connection with the dolphins. I think our session shared between my two nieces I lasted around 25-30 minutes in the water where we interacted with the dolphins whilst they did certain behaviours.

It was great to also see Alfonz again and I was given the opportunity by one of the other trainers to get a photo of him and give him a kiss. This made my day more enjoyable and special.

I would definitely return to Dolphin Cove over and over again, I love the dolphins and being in the water with them is my favourite place to be in the world!

Visited August 2013
Key Largo, Florida
“swimming with the dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Class before the swim was very good,staff was wonderful and i will recommend this to all of my friends

Visited February 2013