“Divers spot” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seafarer Resort and Beach

You added Seafarer Resort and Beach to your Saves list
Seafarer Resort and Beach
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   97684 Overseas Highway, MM 97.8 Bayside, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Key Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arkansas
“Divers spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Visited for a long scuba weekend, sharing a 2 queen room with my dive buddy. We were not disappointed. Rates were reasonable for the Keys and the dive shop was a short drive. Don't take the family or that special someone, but if you need a clean room near the dive boats in the best waters this side of Cozumel, this is the place.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We visited in July 2014 and stayed in cottage 5. It was roomy and not far from the beach. The room was clean, altbough I was surprised they did not offer a Law enforcement or Military discount but we stayed anyways. The A/C wasn't working great it was warm in the room but Scott who was so kind brought fans, which was nice but it still was HOT. When we checked out we asked if we could get a night refunded due to the 2 nights it was very uncomfortable. They did not... I will attempt one more time because the kids loved the beach, kayaks and it was a fair price ( would be better if they offered LEO or Military discount). But if we can do it we will try again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Seafarer has one of the most beautiful views and best locations I've ever been to (and I'm a FL native). The rooms are extremely clean and the staff is GREAT! I brought my dog along and they were very respectful and welcoming to him. Like I said in my title this resort has something for everyone! Free kayak rentals, paddle boarding, and restricted fishing if you are the active type. Hammocks, chairs, dock, and beach if you are looking to relax or get some sun and very close in proximity to a few restaurants. I recommend Ballyhoo's it is very delicious, fresh food with great wait staff (and you get a discount with your room key!). The room I stayed in (queen bed garden view) was a little small, but I didn't mind because I didn't go to stay in all day! Overall I am extremely pleased with my stay at the Seafarer and if i ever go back to Key Largo I will gladly book here again!

Room Tip: Definitely listen to the staff if they suggest an upgrade, some of the cottages are very tight on ro...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed for 2 nites on our way to Key West. Avery nice stay in a quaint room/cabin close to the beach. The area had grills for our use as well as excellent restaurants close by.
If we are in the area in the future, we would surely stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the very beginning we knew we found a diamond in the rough with this little spot! Upon arrival the owner was walking the grounds with fresh baked cookies, that was a nice touch. There is ample parking so we had no issue finding a spot. Checking in was a breeze and we (boyfriend and I) were shown to our room, which was lovely! Super Clean and inviting, not big, but plenty of space for our 2 night stay. We were in room 15 I think (connected to the office on the right side) So we unloaded our stuff after a day of kayaking at john pennekamp park (which was amazing), it was so nice on the grounds we brought dinner in and used the grill on the oversized patio area, which seemed communal but I feel like whoever is in that room kinda claims it. Second night we got back in time for sunset, we filled our cups and laid on some of e many lounge chairs and observed the best sunset I've ever seen! We even saw Dolphins pop out a little bit off shore!! The owner was so accommodating as with all of the staff. I couldn't think of one complaint if I wanted to. Very old key west feel with all of the amenities needed for a simple get away! Will be back! And telling every one I know to check it out!!
Thank you Henry!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed two nights in a cottage. This was an upgrade from the room we booked online. I didn't look at one of the units we had booked but the cottage is a disappointment. I have just spent two months on the road , covering over 10,000 miles and dozens of motels. This is my first time where I feel it should be noted. The shower had no pressure (twice) this is common in the keys.. However, solutions are available (but expensive). Second, no hot water. None. The tank is off or pilot light went out. There are no staff on site after 7 and frankly, I don't feel like calling in an emergency for no hot water. Lastly, this cottage has a hot tub which was locked up. Thats really sad for us hot tub fans, a sign with a witty comment here would really help with the pain of no hot tub... " geeez sorry the hot tub is closed for now" nope just a lock.. Cause its an upgrade i guess.. No hot tub. For the price it's just not acceptable. Not a drop of hot water. Maybe we should bathe in the gulf? Now for the pros. The staff were friendly, home baked muffins in the AM was a nice touch and the property and cottage is beautiful. The beds were comfortable. The AC was very modern and ice cold. The staff turned it on for us before we arrived so it was great after a long day. Cottage was clean.. Excellent. The beach is very comfortable, hammocks strung every which way... Nice hammocks. The lighting of the property at night was my favorite. Understated, not overly bright. It might even be too dim fur some. For me its great. I bet the turtles like it too. A night stroll here is highly recommended. So after the highs and lows I give this spot 3 stars.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a lovely 3 star resort. It is quaint and could even be described as rustic but it you are looking for a relaxing vacation this is the place. We booked for 6 nights and were not disappointed. We stayed in number 15 which actually sleeps 4 and has a full kitchen. Charcoal BBQ's are everywhere (just pick up some briquets at the market). Beds are comfortable. The only negative we had were the pillows but when we mentioned them, we were told that they were being replaced. The staff is A-1. Extremely helpful and always asking if they can do anything for you. The owner is on the property most every day and is approachable. The beach is small but no smaller than any of the other similar places. The beach chairs could have been a little more comfortable but that is a very minor complaint. Water is relatively shallow and if you don't like walking on sea grass, grab some water shoes (you can lick them up across the way at the CVS). While there are cottages within spitting distance of the beach, it was only a about 30 steps from our cabin.

Others have complained about road noise if you're close to the road. Route 1 is busy but I didn't notice much above a hum in the evening. Sometimes you'll hear the big trucks but not very often.

Walking distance to Denny's (if you're into that) and a great place called Ballyho's. Bring your key and get 10% off!

If you want a resort style location, don't book here, you'll be disappointed (we happy people don't want to hear you complaining....). If you want a homey place to unwind, this is the place for you.

We plan to return in January 2016!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Seafarer Resort and Beach? Share your experiences!