“Good Basic Clean Place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in Key Largo
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good Basic Clean Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My diving buddy and I were looking for good basic, clean accomodations after a full day of diving and the Seafarer fit the bill. Nice little cottage style units. We arrived late at night and our room key and info was conveniently available for us to retrieve.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family of 5 stayed in room #15. It was just the right size and the location was perfect. A great value for the price. Loved the small private beach area and enjoyed the free kayaks. Convenient to everything in Key Largo. Clean, comfortable, and the AC worked great. Just watch out for the stinging creatures in the water!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed June 28-30 in beach house 11 and could not have had a better stay! Sure the rooms are not going to be the fanciest, but you can not beat the beach steps outside your door, and the scenery of the area. Nothing beats waking up in the morning and being able to take a few steps and be in the water, or watching the sunset from one of their hammocks. The snorkeling from their beach is fun, saw a lot of jellyfish but they will not bother you.

The staff was great, and left you alone. While the place was full when we were there it seemed like we were the only ones there. There is no better place on Key Largo to watch a sunset. Just take one of their many colorful plastic lounge chairs place it in the water, crack open a beer and watch the show.

I wish we could have stayed longer, and if/when we go back to the area there is no doubt we will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Small, old, but charming Mom and Pop type place. There were bugs and small iguanas everywhere but I know it's not the owners' fault. No breakfast, but coffee by the office was very appreciated. There is a little dock area with water access, chairs, picnic table, hammock, and grills. The window unit AC never seemed to cool the room and we realized that the slot-type windows were letting all of the air out; definitely not an air-tight room. Overall we would stay again and possibly use the kayak rentals.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything was as expected for this place--it looks Old Florida and it delivered Old Florida. I stayed in Cabin 5 with my daughter--I had booked a Villa, but I guess they had put someone else in it and upgraded me to a two bedroom, three double beds, full kitchen and grody bathroom cabin. The view walking out of the cabin was gorgeous. I watched the sunrise each morning I was there and my dughter and I would walk down to the sandy area each night to sit and enjoy the gorgeous view. We loved the hammocks and the chairs and the tiki-bar and brightly colored chair theme. We learned to avoid the water due to something stinging us each time we tried to enjoy it. Likely jellyfish, since we saw one washed up on the sand and a bunch of litlle platic bag looking things on the sand, under the water. The cabing was great!! The sheets were clean, the overall appearance was clean--there was loads of dirt under the couch, but the only reason I know is because I had to retrieve one of my daughter's toys. Then it came time to take a shower...the bathroom is alright, but the shower is disgusting. The shower didn't drain in anything close to a timely manner. The water flowed over the lip of the shower stall. The shower curtain was crunchy--the bottom was crusted over with mold and mildew. My daughter and I only showered one time for our entire two night stay there. I would consider coming to this resort one more time...in a different facility, though...and find a beach at another location to enjoy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mother and I stayed here two nights. We stayed in the bonefish cabin. This cabin has a nice deck and is a few steps away from the water. The water area has free kayaks to use and plenty of seats to watch the sunset. The cabins are close to area attractions with plenty to do. The rooms were simple but nice. There was a minifridge and a microwave for us to use. In the mornings about 8am the office provided coffee and muffins.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this quaint little place this past weekend. It was our first trip to the Keys & we stayed in #15. The staff members were pleasant & made us feel welcome. Although #15 was closer to the road & next to the office, with the exception of hearing an ambulance once in the 4 days we were there, we heard no traffic. Both the bedroom & main room had a/c units & it kept the temperature comfortable. A lot of hotels will start banging on the door at 10:00 or so to clean up, but this lovely place left us alone. If we needed trash bags or towels, we went to the office to get them. We were able to cook in the kitchen instead of eating out a lot & the drawers were stocked with utensils, pots & pans, the basics. The beds were comfortable with freshly laundered linens. We used the kayaks, swam at the small private beach & saw some spectacular sunsets. We will definitely be going back again in the very near future & hope to become regulars.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Seafarer Resort and Beach? Share your experiences!