“What a great place to stay!!! Still smiling!” 4 of 5 stars

97684 Overseas Highway, MM 97.8 Bayside, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Special Offer
Click here and SAVE 20%
Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in Key Largo
“What a great place to stay!!! Still smiling!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for a week and it felt like home away from home. Thanks to Henry, Scott, Jennifer, George, and Z for making our trip wonderful. What more can u ask for from such a great crowd of people. Free kayaks, great advice and good down to earth people. It's place u won't forget and u will ask yourself why did we leave. It's what you make it and you can easily make it paradise.

We will be back and we will bring friends!
Georgia

• Stayed June 2013

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I chose Seafarer because I was looking for something inexpensive. Traveling solo I don't need much. I got a cabin, which was roomy enough. The couch needs to be updated with something with more cushion, but otherwise it was quite nice. Henry came by and introduced himself and welcomed me there. When was the last time the owner ever greeted you, other than a B&B? I was impressed. I was there for business so I didn't use the "beach" much. If I was staying there for a vacation (especially from up-North), I'd have considered it rather anemic. The WiFi for this hotel was weak, I had to log onto some unknown neighbors WiFi for it to work. If I was coming by solo again on business, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I've heard the rooms closer to the road are noisier, so I took a cabin closer to the water. I d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

we rented for my sisters birthday it was souposted to be a suprise but the suprise was on us!
when we got there we went to the BBQ and then my sister passed by and some friend to eat and cut the cake well it never happened because the owner was very rude. to us and did not let ant of my guest in my room and to the BBQ! he was very rude and told me no one is to even stay for the food! he made my family and friends leave with out even cutting my cake! the pictues are very diffrent from what it looks motel because its like a motel with a tiny little beach after trying to talk to the owners with no understanding! he told us to leave the hotel and he refunded our money! but told us that we had 5 min. to take out all our stuff. we went happy to a better place. i dont think they are gay friendly????? or then just want people that are older!!! but never again will me or my family stay here find a better place!!

Room Tip: not a good place to have fun!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HenrySeafarer, Owner at Seafarer Resort and Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
In fairness to all our guests, the beach and amenities are for registered guests only. The policy is stated on our website, confirmation documents, and posted signs. Your reservation was for 2 people; we accommodated 8 and explained that we were fully booked and could not accommodate more. More people continued to arrive and I lost count. Out of hospitality, we offered you a refund so that you could have your celebration at a place that could safely accommodate your party. It was nearly 11pm; we took a loss to try to please you.

We have two great spots for gatherings - the Deck at Bonefish or the Patio at 16. Both fit a large group and have a BBQ area. With a little notice, we could have reserved either spot for you and gladly contributed a bottle of champagne to the celebration.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Key Largo just to have some Yummy Seafood at the "Pilot House" while we waited for our group of friends to arrive. Well at the end they never arrived and we were left to do nothing. We called many hotels and they were all CRAZYYYYY pricey, but when I called the Seafarer they had the best price. When we checked in JENNIFER helped us out, she was extremely friendly and very informative, she even let us see our room before checking in. We stayed in the "REDFISH", and I honestly loved it, we felt at home right away. It has a very clean and cozy bed. It has a tv, amazing A/C and it was perfect just for the two of us. They let us use the kayaks (they are included in the rate), the view was FABULOUS and it was very private like, we felt as if we had our own private island. Now in the night the frogs gave us a private concert LOL but other than that everything was VERY SAFE.

When we were getting ready to check out when we met Henry, another extremely nice person, very attentive. So ladies and gentleman please try this place out because it is worth it!!! While you are in the area you must try "Mr. Mac's Kitchen", but the small one not the one that looks like pizza hut, it is an awesome place, and the license plates all over the place are super awesome!

Room Tip: try to get the rooms closes to the water, they are very private!! :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Haworth, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

As henry tells you the rooms are not the best its the location, being right on the private beach. What more do u want. Great sunsets watched from the hammock. Free kayaks, bbqs and sun loungers. The water is great for snorkelling as it was calm when we went 17th to 20th May 2013. You have to go to Mrs Macs Kitchen for breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We paid than shown to room wow shut the bathroom door it hot my knees while on toliet and I am only 5'2 125 pounds.we left after 30 minutes ask for our money back she said no.we took the loss of 200 bucks it wad that bad.but gonna call channel 8. Pictures are all lies

• Stayed May 2013
HenrySeafarer, Owner at Seafarer Resort and Beach, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We really try to please every guest and did offer you a larger room at no additional charge.

I know that the rain certainly dampened everyone's spirit, too.

In future, I will personally make sure we exceed your expectations.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We fell in love all over again. With the Keys, that is, and with the Seafarer. Fell in love with the quaint, old-timey cottages. Fell in love with the dog-friendly policy. Fell in love with the sunsets and the convenient location, kitchen and screened porch. It's an all around fantastic place to stay in Key Largo.

I can speak only to my own experience this past Memorial Day weekend: the room was clean and the beds were comfy. I think there were pillow tops on the mattresses to ensure we slept well. Yeah, it's an older property, so don't expect turn down service or renovated interiors. You wouldn't have scored a room at a hotel that had all that for this price, now would you have?

The Heat were playing over the weekend and we found the large screen TV perfectly acceptable to watch the game on.

There are cute wooden bridges leading down to the sandy beach and well maintained landscaping. The outdoor furniture by the beach is beyond sufficient; there are lovely chaise lounges, Adirondack chairs, and sturdy outdoor seating at covered table and chair setups, at which you could have dinner or play a game of cards.

The properties on either side are separated by a large fence. Be aware: the trailer park next door seems to be party central, but you can only really hear them during the day from the beach area. However, if you're looking for straight-up peace and quiet, this may not be your best choice for lodging. The only other negative is that the plumbing seemed to have needed a cleanse in our unit. It took awhile for the sink and tub to drain properly. We didn't complain as we didn't find it much of an inconvenience.

I really enjoyed the family feel of the Seafarer. We met Henry, the new owner, on our first night. Over the weekend we had the opportunity to chat with his kids as well, who shamefully schooled him in a kayak race on the bay. Said kayaks are free to guests, by the way. I mean really, what's not to love?

Bottom Line: Best bet for beach bums on a budget, like me!

Room Tip: Cabin 15 was just right for two couples and two dogs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seafarer Resort and Beach? Share your experiences!