“A favorite in Key Largo!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Serving fresh seafood to the locals of the Florida Keys since 1991. Patio dining available!
Cape Coral, Florida
“A favorite in Key Largo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Love, love, love the blackened mahi quesadilla with black bean and corn salsa! That's my usual order, although I have tried a few other entrees. My husband loves the huge burgers! Especially after a day of scuba diving when you're really hungry! Great food at great prices in a casual dining atmosphere. We eat at Hobo's at least once (sometimes more!) whenever we are down in Key Largo.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Choices, and not a wrong one in site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I came here during our trip to the Keys, and we were wowed. We went inside at first, and were put off by how cold it was inside, but they went out of their way to make room for us on their patio seating, which we were very appreciative of.

The takeaway from this restaurant for me was the multitude of options the menu gives you, and yet every single option is done well. It's not a jack of all trades, it's a master of all trades. I had coconut encrusted mahi mahi. Holy lord, this was an explosion of flavor. I saw that they had pasta with meat sauce as a side option (next to fries, no upcharge), cracked up, and ordered it just because why not. Turns out, their pasta with meat sauce is better than many Italian places I've been to, and the pasta was cooked well. I was amazed.

Meanwhile, my mom was eating a fish sandwich with artichoke spinach spread on it, which had a delectable new flavor, and my dad was eating a fish quesadilla. See what I mean about ludicrous options?

Their conch fritters were good, but not very numerous. My only real complaint was the beer. Very small selection, and they rip you off with these tiny little mugs. Ugh. I just drank water instead.

JF;NT: $18/person. TL;DR: restaurant is amazing at everything having to do with fish.

Delanson, New York
“Good bar food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good bar/pub type food. Burgers were huge and delicious. The key lime pie was amazing! Tvs all around for catching sports on the weekend. Great place for lunch while driving along the Keys!

Visited September 2012
Key Largo
“Unbelievable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The prices are typical for the Keys. The food is good, and the wait staff is always friendly. One of the manager's went above and beyond for me. As a local, it is never forgotten. I am so quick to go out of my and complain when I am disppointed or upset. I am also the first to compliment when it's earned. If your a local, and haven't been to Hobo's lately....it's time to go back. If you are coming down for vacation, either driving through Key Largo or staying in Key Largo during your trip...don't leave without eating at Hobo's.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Islamorada, Florida
“Locals love it, so should you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place has it all with the exception of a view. That is when you know the food is good in the Keys...no view & still jam packed? They have great food & down home family oriented service. Don't miss this opportunity for fresh seafood, realistic prices & friendly atmosphere & service.