“Yummy - and our fave Key Lime Pie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mrs. Mac's Kitchens

Mrs. Mac's Kitchens
99336 and 99020 Overseas Highway, 99336 Serving 7am- 10pm, 99020 Serving 11am- 10pm, Key Largo, FL 33037 (Formerly Mrs. Mac's Kitchen)
+1 305-451-3722
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Key Largo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: EST. in 1976 a locals and visitors’ favorite, Original serving Champagne Breakfast, Award Winning Lunch & Dinner, Mon.-Sat.7am to 9:30 pm in a Classic Key-Easy atmosphere decorated with our guest’s license plates from around the world. Mrs. Mac’s Kitchen II Opened in February of 2012, located 500 yards south, serving Award Winning Lunch & Dinner, Mon.-Sat. 11 am to 10 pm in a Key-Easy Atmosphere decorated with Florida Keys history and the awesome design work of Kim Brandell. Being an extension of our Original brand Mac’s II offers the same great fare with exciting new dishes including full liquor bar, ample parking & great for large groups. Home of the Key Lime Freeze, featuring House Specialties including the freshest local sustainable seafood delivered daily, Certified Angus Beef, fresh salads, gourmet custom omelets, World Famous Key Lime Pie featured in Cosmopolitan Mag., 25 wines by the glass and over 25 beers to choose from, soft serve ice cream, outside seating, kids menu. Voted Best Home Town Cafe in Florida's Monthly Magazine, Winner of People's Choice and numerous other awards and acknowledgements.Hope to see you soon & bring your friends. Our simple philosophy.....Eat Well, Laugh Often, Live Long
Seattle, Washington
“Yummy - and our fave Key Lime Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went to the newer of the 2 Mrs. Mac's locations, and we liked it. I had amazing coconut shrimp (super fresh), and a caesar salad. I did however made the mistake of ordering chocolate cake (good, but not great) over the key lime pie, which ended up being my mom & grandma's favorite of the trip. My mom & grandma thought the food was good too, but not their favorite. I don't remember what they ordered, unfortunately!

The atmosphere is kind of kitschy, like a family diner, but I liked it. The tables are curio boxes, with shells, postcards, and funny pictures inside. I thought the staff were friendly & service was good. I think the main drawback for us was that it's in the center median, so there isn't a nice view or anything, but I think the value was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We ate breakfast here -mainly to check out a local place that had gotten some good reviews. It was nothing special. I thought the champagne breakfast special was overpriced , especially if you don't eat the home fries , and there were not any healthy or interesting breakfast options.

Visited November 2013
ontario
“Original Mrs. Mac's Kitchen is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Go to the original restaurant about 1/2 mile from the newer one ... The portions are far bigger and it has a lot of charm and character..
We ordered the alligator tenders....amazing! The lobsters were amazing, so was the whole snapper fried.. And their crab cakes are loaded with crab not breadcrumbs...
We went to the newer location and the lobster were half the size for the same price... The food was excellent though...

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“It was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Came here because it is a Key Largo go to place. The food was okay. I had the hogfish sandwich and it was so full of tomato,onion and lettuce that I couldn't really taste the fish. The rice and black beans were good. My husband had the fish and chips.He was very pleased with his dish as there was lots of it and not overly greasy. Doreen was an amazing fount of information with regard to the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great little spot right off the road. The place is kind of cool in a rustic way. Very frindly staff, and the service was great. But THE big thing is the food. Excellent fish, I had Mahi Mahi best ever........and I'm from Manhattan with all its fis resturants. Salads, sides, desserts, all great...and at an extremely fair price. Would go back in a sec.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere