“Authentic Italian food large portions reasonably priced” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 110 Restaurants in Key Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: US 1
Description: Owned and operated by the DiGiorgio family, DiGiorgio"s Cafe Largo is authentic. When you think pasta, local seafood, veal, tira misu and others, DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is the first to come to mind in Key Largo. The DiGiorgio family emigrated from the cities of San Marino in north Italy and Cassino, outside of Rome. Being in business in South Florida since 1968 we have developed a great following and reputation. In 1990, the DiGiorgio family moved to Key Largo and saw the possibilities of mixing all the varieties of local seafood available with pasta and other dishes. When in Key Largo, we welcome you with open arms. Become a fan of our Facebook page and keep with our specials, events, reveiws and anything we might come up with spur of the moment. Just search "Cafe Largo" on Facebook.
key largo
“Authentic Italian food large portions reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A very quiet restaurant with an upscale feel. The food is always good fresh garlic knots served at the start followed by very good salads. Plenty of specials to choose from. Osso busco is one of my favorites and the chicken scaparello with homemade sausage a little spicy but very good . The only place to go for Italian food in key largo

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Robert D, Owner at DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Those items are some of our best sellers. We look forward to your future visits with us.

orlando, florida
“A Little Bit of Italian in key Largo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had an evening meal here just before St. Patrick's Day. The place was tastefully decorated country style. Staff were very friendly and food was pretty good. Only 1 thing went wrong, I ordered Chicken and got meatballs, it was a little funny joking with the waitress for the next hour.
Food was reasonable. Well worth a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your understanding and great review. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
East Lansing, Michigan
“Tasty Italian Fare in Key Largo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After traveling most of the day and stopping in Key Largo for the night, we went to Cafe Largo for dinner. It was a Thursday evening around 7:00 and the restaurant was very busy. We were seated very quickly by a very pleasant hostess and, because of the location of our table, observed her doing everything!! The waitress took our order and brought rolls and our drinks to the table very quickly. We ordered the garlic shrimp pasta and the chicken marsala. We shared a Caesar salad. As we were not in any hurry it was not a big problem but it did seem like it took a long time for us to get our entrees. When they arrived they were warm and both were delicious. There are quite a few tables so the restaurant can handle quite a few customers. They also have a large bar at which patrons were also eating dinner. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and drinks.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert D, Owner at DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review and your visit with our establishment. We are glad our hostess was so helpful on your visit.
Conifer, Colorado
“Heavy meals with lots of spices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Be prepared for a very heavy meal prepared with more spiciness than the usual italian fare. I got the beef tips minus the gorgonzola cheese and it was all more spicy than I was expecting. It was still good with decent flavor for the beef.
Husband had the snapper meal and it tasted a little fishy and undercooked.
Prices were pretty high for everything and service was extremely slow.
I still give it an average rating because the food is palatable and the interior of the restaurant is nicely lit and comfortable which you don't always find in this area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your business and the overall positive review.
“I really had high hopes...only to be dashed on the rocks...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well, if you look at my reviews...this was not a good night. I am a parttime resident of Islamorada, so I frequent a lot of restaurants there. I happened to be in Key Largo tonight...
, I went to an Italian restaurant I'd been wanting to try. Yummy garlic rolls and pasta fagioli soup...I ordered something I really like - Pasta Pomodoro...If you know what that is...when it came and I took a bite...I realized it was a sauce with meat. I motioned over my waitress and I said "excuse me...I ordered pasta pomodoro and this sauce has meat" she says "That's why I repeated that it had meat"...yeah, I would have heard that if that is what she said...but again - I repeated "I want pomodoro" and she walked away. So, I googled the restaurant menu (since mine had been removed). When she came back I said "see pomodoro, fresh tomatoes and olive oil" she then exclaims "OHHH, I thought you ordered bolognese" NO...and the table next to me heard me say pomodoro the whole time. Her apology? 10% off the bill...My husband (who waited tables during his Master's, said she should have apologized and removed the item from my bill or offered to bring me what I really wanted. Her mistake, not mine.)....SIGHHHHH - Welcome to the Keys...beautiful sunsets and LOUSY service....I would have gone to the management, but I was tired and just left. What do you do in a case like this? Make a scene?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for coming and at least having high hopes. You had a new server that evening and the situation could have been handled better. Im my restaurant or another, never hesitate to ask for what you ordered. We could have made you the meal you wanted in 5 minutes. We hope you give us another chance in the future.