“Snapper's, a Hog Fish Heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 104 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Snapper's Restaurant offers quality dining with a Florida Keys feel at moderate prices in a casual atmosphere. Both locals and visitors alike are treated to a truly enjoyable Keys experience when visiting Snappers. Whether you're enjoying our Jazz Brunch on a Sunday morning, dining by the waterfront for lunch or dinner, seated inside our cozy dining room, or sipping a tropical cocktail at our Tiki Bar or our famous, world-famous Turtle Club- You'll see why Snapper's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar is receiving accolades as the area's distinctive Florida Key's dining experience. Sorry we are not pet friendly in our dining room.
Oakhurst, California
“Snapper's, a Hog Fish Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stopped in after an afternoon on the water for a late lunch & cocktail. Fun decor. Great view. Roomy & Comfortable dockside patio. Good oysters. Great locally caught Hogfish and chips! The Turtle Club, cheerfully painted in pastel carribean colors, shares the same patio and offers live music nightly.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Good entertainment but with Very Rude staff!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This place has a nice view and really good live entertainment! However, I was extremely disappointed with the bad attitude of our waitress and manager!

I drove all the way from Miami to meet with a group of about 8 friends. I had been told Snappers offers happy hour until 7PM. I made it by 6:45PM and met with my friends at their outside table. I ordered a happy hour drink from our waitress but she told me with a really bad attitude that I had to order the happy hour drinks at the bar!

My friends at the table all told me that they ordered the drinks at the bar and brought them over to the table. So, I went along with the 2 friends I had arrived with to order drinks from the bar. As we were ordering I see the same rude waitress say something to the manager and then the manager heads over to the bar. He informs us with a bad attitude that if we wanted happy hour drinks we had to drink them at the bar and could not bring them to the table. Not sure if this was discrimination or what? They allowed all my friends at the table to order drinks and take them with them to the table (they were all “white” and me and my 2 friends who were told we couldn’t and we are “Hispanics”). So we ordered our drinks from the bartender named Busch who was very nice and fun to be around!

Needless to say I didn’t order any food as I was not going to benefit an establishment who the waitress and manager had been so rude to me and my friends! I hope it was worth it to them not to allow us to take our drinks to the table and “scold” us because I will never go to Snappers again and will make sure that none of my friends end up going there!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rockhampton, Australia
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this place yesterday on our way back for the keys. What a find the lobster tacos were delicious and the service from our waitress was a pleasant change from some of the service around the South Florida area. It's off the beaten track so it was relaxing and the view across the Atlantic was superb. Friends have told us it has been there for years and never gets old. Will be back :)

Visited February 2014
Duluth, Georgia
“Very good food, drink, and view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Experienced bartender that knew how to make a good strong margerita. Ate here twice and food was excellent. Need to try the Mexican shrimp cocktail. Unusual and excellent. Would have eaten here more if had not driver down to Key West for a day. On our list of places to eat when we return to Key Largo.

Visited February 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great food, awful service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have never written a review of a restaurant before, but I thought it was important that I did in this situation. I have worked in a high scale restaurant for over two years. There we prepare excellent food as well as excellent service. My managers had high expectations of me and my fellow co-workers, so I tend to pay attention when I sit down to eat somewhere else. I'll start with the positive. The food was amazing. We went to Snapper's the first night we were in Key Largo, and we actually ended up going back the second night because the food was so amazing. It's great quality, cooked very well, and seasoned to perfection. Kudos to the chefs! But now for the negative. The general attitude of the employees there was awful. We went to the bar and I asked the bartender how a certain drink was. Her response? "It's good." She never looked at me- she just said it in passing as of me asking her was really a huge inconvenience. We felt like we were only a table number to the hostesses, and they mostly walked around looking like they couldn't wait to leave. The servers we had were not as bad as the bartender and hosts, but we felt like they were only willing to do the bare minimum for us in order to get the tip. I guarantee if they didn't live off tips, they would have treated us just as poorly as anyone else. No one would have gone above and beyond to us, and it's clear, as I think back, that our business certainly wasn't important to us. I mean, we are from Wisconsin, and I've heard that Midwesterners tend to be over the top friendly- so maybe it's just a different culture- but I was really upset with how I felt walking out of there. So, if you don't care about service, go to Snapper's. The food is great! But, if you do care about service- I would take your business elsewhere.

• Visited February 2014