“Spiciest burger I've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Category 3 Bar&Grill is located in Key Largo at 99246 Overseas Highway. Award winning burgers, soups, wings and frozen mugs of beer. Casual atmosphere and family friendly. Open Wednesday thru Monday 11am-10pm We are the alternative restaurant choice in the upper keys.. when you are tired of seafood, come see us and get your burger on! We also offer carry-out and catering services. Great beer and wine selection and fresh homemade desserts.. come see for yourself!!
Miami, Florida
“Spiciest burger I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Came here because my wife found out that they stuffed their burgers with jalapeños. My wife had the really good buffalo wings and a burger stuffed with bacon. I had the perfect storm. It was sooooo spicy and so tasty. It was completely loaded with jalapeños and hot sauce. I had a great time eating it.

Visited July 2014

Jackson, Tennessee
“This Place is Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Family owned and operated. Grandma makes the chicken noddle soup. If you want a burger, this is where you should go.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, FL
“Great F'n Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The family and I just spent a week in Key Largo and Category Three was located at the end of the street we were staying on. The place is small but very clean. They do a take on the Minneapolis favorite "Juicy Lucy" burger and let me tell you they were awesome. I had one stuffed with bacon and velvetta (yes, they have velvetta which is freaking amazing!) It was one of the best burgers I've had in a very long time. I also sampled the wings which were very good but nothing earth shattering. I would definitely recommend on your next trip to the keys. The only reason I didn't give a 5 was because we ordered the cheese sticks and they originally came out still frozen, but they gladly returned them and brought out a piping hot new batch.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa beach
“Burger heaven!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a burger loaded with jalapeños and hot sauce and it was amazing!!! Even with all the spice you could tell the meat was well seasoned and very juicy. We also got the ribs, which were very good, but when we make the trip back to the Keys we will definitely be sticking with burgers. We will be back!!! Thank you for the best burger we've ever had!

“The hair..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I used to enjoy going to this resturant, as a key largo local. The food was good and I love some good barbecue. Until my last visit, my order came with a long straight brown hair imbedded in the barbecue sauce of my meal. I was disgusted and told the waitress. She offered to either make another or take it off my bill. So I asked to have it taken off. Next she came out and said "we don't know where that came from because nobody in the kitchen has long hair like that"... As she said that, she was starring at my hair almost accusing me of doing it with her eyes. My hair was not only pulled back into an extremely tight bun, but I have extremely curly blonde hair. Throughout the rest of the stay, I counted 3 people with long hair walk out of the kitchen, one male with it down, and two girls with pony tails. So I was rather confused at the fact there was NOBODY with long hair behind those doors. When we left, someone in the back window of the kitchen was watching us until I looked directly at them and they hid behind the curtain really fast. And that will be my last visit to category 3.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
bill B, Manager at Category Three Bar & Grill, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. Please accept my most sincere apologies on such an unpleasant experience at Category 3. If you have visited us before, you know that this is not a common occurrence and definitely not acceptable. Hair in the food is always bad, I agree, but it happens. It is extremely unfortunate and very unappetizing. And, even tho the server offered you a replacement, Im sure at that point you were just "turned off." I would be too. But, again, it happens. I would also like to apologize on behalf of your server... Never should you have been made to feel like it was at all your fault. There will definitely be some coaching on that aspect.
Such is life, there are some things that go beyond our control, but we will always stand by our guarantee, that we either make it right or take it off your bill. We really hope you will reconsider and come back. Obviously the experiences before this one were positive, as you stated in your review. We are not perfect, we are just real people who make mistakes and try to do our best to learn from them. I can assure you that extra precautions will be taken so that this doesn't happen again. Again, thank you and we hope in time you will be back.