“Mariners for a relaxing week of beautiful sunsets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mariner's Resort Villas & Marina

Save Saved
You added Mariner's Resort Villas & Marina to your Saves list
Mariner's Resort Villas & Marina
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   97501 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037 (Formerly Mariner's Club Key Largo)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Key Largo
Memphis, Tennessee
“Mariners for a relaxing week of beautiful sunsets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

we booked a two bedroom villa and loved how spacious the unit was. The appliances and furnishing were quite nice as expected and the Pool is the Best! The ocean views were captivating as we relaxed there each evening. we rented a boat and snorkeled one day just a great time for all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

2nd time staying in a 2 bedroom marina view condo. Beautiful Atlantic Ocean view, hugh pool and conveniently locaterd to great Key Largo restaurants and shopping. I won't post which unit we stayed in because I want to make sure it is available for my 3rd, 4th, etc. stays.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

we booked via Virgin holidays and nearly had the whole place to ourselves as we are from the uk we wanted the security of a travel firm to have the big pool with only us in and to go snorkelling was brilliant

Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Super nice rooms at a great price. The resort doesn't have much to offer but from what I'm seen, there isn't much The Keys has to offer if you don't have a boat, or plan to charter a boat. So we went diving and fishing on chartered boats.

Room Tip: There is no service, or room service. This isn't a hotel. Be ready to clean up after yourself.
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I made a reservation through a booking site for one bedroom townhouse with two adults and three children aged four through 12. Before I arrived I called to make sure everything was all right. I was then informed that there was only one bed and no pullout couch as described. They also told me that with three children I needed at least a two bedroom and that they would not allow my family to stay in a one bedroom townhouse. They then agreed to refund my cancellation. The booking site sent me a written cancellation confirming the refund. Then I checked my bank statement and discovered they had charged me the full amount. When I contacted them they refused to refund the charge blaming me for not knowing that they would not allow two parents with three children to stay in a one bedroom townhouse. The manager would not even take my calls. STAY AWAY from this one.
UPDATE: They have tried to charge my account again after I had my bank cancel their first charge. This time they attempted to charge me for $350. (the original reservation was for $219). I am also reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is NOT a hotel-after staying here in the past, we decided to buy a townhome here. These units are owned by others so it is not a typical "resort". If you are expecting standardized anything, forget it. The grounds are beautiful, thelarge pool is the nicest in the Keys and I've been doing the Keys thing for many many years. I actually like the smaller pool because I've never seen more than 4 people at one time there besides us. However, each unit will vary depending on who owns it-Keys Carribean manages many units there but they do not controll the furniture, appliances, air conditioners etc...There are several different types of units (3 story townhomes, one floor condos, etc...). Some are oceanfront, others are on the marina, others have no water view at all. I talk to people who rent units all the time with mixed reviews because they thought the place was a "resort" which it is not by defenition. Do your homework and know which unit you are getting and look at it on the Google map to see where you will be. We absolutely love the place and the location is wonderful-email me if you want recomendations for anything from food to fishing charters, I am glad to help. If you love the Fla Keys you will love this place.

Room Tip: email me for advice
Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

What a marvelous view of the Atlantic Ocean, we have many Pina Colada at sunset watching the boats go by and the birds fly. The cond was had quality finish, large bedrooms and baths and the grounds were secure and quiet. We were there 'off season" for the Keys, but everthing in Key Largo was open, diving was good and nightlife fun.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor of Building 3 overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, we had a great unit. The buil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mariner's Resort Villas & Marina? Share your experiences!