Well run RV campground, with a helpful/friendly staff, clean rest rooms/showers, modern hook-ups, inexpensive rates and considerate fellow-campers.
On the other hand, be aware of the following points:
(1) this ain't Kansas, so bring/use the DEET or else make a significant blood donation to the local indigenous population;
(2) this ain't Miami, so don't expect sandy beaches and soft soil in the camp grounds. All of Florida does not have the same environment...
(3) this is a fantastic location for taking advantage of the Park's attractions, dive trips, glass-bottom boat excursions; and,
(4) if you think you're arriving late with a reservation, call ahead for the front gate 'combination'.
- Also Known As:
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park Campgrounds Hotel Key Largo