“We'll be Back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amoray Dive Resort

You added Amoray Dive Resort to your Saves list
Amoray Dive Resort
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   104250 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Ranked #9 of 19 Key Largo B&B and Inns
NC
“We'll be Back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I, too, had read all of the bad reviews about Amoray and wanted say our stay was Great!
Our family of 4, my husband, myself, and our kids 11 and 7 had a marvalous time and found out about Amoray through the Island Sun Splash 2007. Amoray offered a discount for lodging and diving with them by being with the Island Sun Splash 2007 group.
We stayed in 3H, the Sea Urchin, and found, contrary to another review, that we heard none of the traffic sounds - and we were the closet room to the highway! The room was clean and comfortable. Since we were out and about for the 3 days that we were there, we were only in the room from dark until the mornings at 8 am.
The staff is great and expecially appreciate the professionalism of Jennifer, Drew, and Capt. Dan. Our family was treated very well and made us feel special. My son and I did the Discover Scuba and were so comfortable with the crew and their knowledge.
As far as the breakfast, yes, it could be better. Although, what was presented was fresh, there was enough, and the coffee was always brewing and never ran out.
The location of Amoray is close to everything and had no problems with Key Largo. If you do your research on the area, you will have a plan of what to do.
Our family will be back and will recommened the Amoray to all of our diving friends in NC.

• Liked — The diving
  • Disliked — The breakfast spread
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
hialeah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

Hello. I stayed at Amoray dive resort this past summer and it was the worst experience ever. The place came so highly reccomended and so did the owner Amy Slate. When i got there, i could hear her in the back room at the office yelling at her own employees, so rude and mean. I feel bad for the employees there because she was rude and talking down to them. Also, her dog was in the front office running around everywhere! It was slobbering all over stuff, biting the stuffed animals in the shop. My room was not ready and i had to wait untul she could find an employee to do it. She already had them running her own personal errands and sent them out to "places" for her. I did not like the environment and i do not think that i would stay there again. Heads up... avoid the instructor named Jenn. Very cruel and unprofessional with kids and thier families. Im sorry to write this.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the owner
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

Just Spent 3 Days at the resort, and could not have been happier.
From the check-in to the check-out, and all the diving in between - the staff/place could not have been more pleasant. My son was dive certified by Leo (AN ACE IN THE HOLE FOR AMY), and my nervous son could not have been handled any gentler by the staff. Thanks to you he will be diving with my wife and I for years to come.. (OH HELP ME).
We also celebrated his 14TH birthday while we were there, and used the available grounds to have a small party (grilled on one of the several grills / Tiki Hut / kayaks and hammocks), and the pool. Sure, we could have gone out for dinner, but why when it was right there.
The resort is located near anything you could be looking for - (groceries, dive shops, Pennekamp, other tourist things you might be looking for).
I would say if your looking to stay in a place where you feel safe diving (staff and equipment), and you want to feel safe where you are staying and parking, and... you want to be comfortable and just have some fun - stay with Amy and the Crew. She made sure we were okay, and I am quite confident she would do the same for anyone.
THANKS ALL FOR THE GREAT TIME....

• Liked — I could feel like I was at home...relaxed
  • Disliked — mosquitos - but that is everywhere
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

I just recently stayed at Amoray Dive Resort and I would have to say that the over all service was GREAT! I read some of the other reviews and I just wonder if some of the things are made up. First off I would like to say that the staff was the best. I have never been anywhere that has such a great staff as they do. I would like to mention that Jess was so helpful when making my reservaiton and getting us checked in to our room, Shannon was so helpful with every question we had( we loved the southern accent), Dan is such a awesome intrustructor, i will be back to let him do my AOW class. I just have to add that Capt. Dan is so funny with his pirate jokes, and his is so sweet. The room was such a sight. We stayed in the room right by the water. The sunset was to die for. Just to let you know. We will be returning next year. They have some regular customers now. We wil miss the friendly staff. My only complaint would be about the breakfast, I would recomend offering a little more for the breakfast.

• Liked — The friendly staff.
  • Disliked — The breakfast.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

Our first impression wasn't good. Upon checking in, the front desk staff wasn't very helpful or accommodating. I was misled over the phone regarding availability of rooms. The continental breakfast consisted of bagels and butter. Key Largo restaurants (the three we ate in) were horrible. We ended up going to Publix and buying food.
The only plus of this trip was Jack Pennekamp state park. Overall, I do not recommend Amoray - very disappointing.

Stayed June 2007
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

I read some nasty reviews about Amoray Dive Resort, but decided to see for myself. I am new to diving and wanted expert instruction. What I found was a place where I could relax in wonderfully rennovated rooms. I found a helpful and courteous staff. I received expert instruction that was second to none. The facilities were super and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I would say that the other visitors (Pretty full house) when I was there all enjoyed it as much as I did. The grounds were maintained nicely and everyone was busy making the place as visitor-friendly as possible. The diving was superb the entire time I was there. The guides were very knowledgable about the dive sites. I experienced one-on-one instruction from three different instructors (who were all first-rate). I felt that I had been taken through the ringer at the end of the course (testimony to the rigor of the class and professionalism of the staff). I have been in the field of education for 35 years as a teacher and as an administrator. This was performance learning at its best. I hope that others who visit this site will give the resort a chance. I'm sure you will be happy you did. I have no regrets and will be a regular visitor in the future.

• Liked — Friendly Staff and Expert Dive Instructors
  • Disliked — Open Breakfast Bar
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

Upon check in we found garbage cans overflowing with beer cans and trash from the night before and it wasn't that early. Our room was a one bedroom that was locked off from what was a two bedroom suite. It was not what was advertised by them over the phone and it was also not cleaned or ready for our stay. We looked over the other side of the suite which was a one bedroom with separate livingroom and a private porch for drying our equipment. We went to the office and asked how much and decided to change to the upgrade. Night one we were woke up by loud noises in the other room and thought someone had broken in. We jumped up and ran into the other room and as I got up I thought I heard the sound of something splashing into water...Nothing had been disturbed in the next room however, there was a small bar of soap (like hotel stuff) in the toilet. Totally dumbfounded at this point we went back to bed and were brought upright awake at midnight by the radio alarm going off in the next room. There is no one in the office and no way to get into the locked room to shut the thing off. Just as my husband is ready to break down the door between the rooms he notices a breaker box and is able to shut off the power to the other room and quiet the alarm. The diving the next day is not bad and we finnish the day thinking it would be ok, however the Mr. put the dive light next to the bed and said if I heard anything to wake him up. It didn't take long and I was woke up by the same noise as the night before, I shook my husband awake and he sat up with the dive light at the ready and shined it into the bathroom. On the back of the toilet was the largest rat either one of us had ever seen and it had a bar of soap in it's mouth. We followed it to the kitchen where it went under the counter by the stove, dropped the soap but turned around to pick it up and dissappeared. At this point it was decided we were checking out and were surprised when the manager did not act surprised at our story. We did get a refund but would have much prefered to have a diving vacation.

• Liked — the diving
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Amoray Dive Resort? Share your experiences!