“Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

97702 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Sunrise, Florida
“Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

One of the best vacations spots I have ever been to! The trip was a pleasure from the moment I spoke to the staff over the phone to the moment I checked out. The room was exceptionally clean and cozy. It was extremely peaceful and quiet, the perfect place to do some meditating, writing, drawing and reading. I did some fishing from the private pier and cooked some burgers in the mini kitchen in my room. There were excellent places to eat right around the lodge, I must recommend Mrs. Mac's Kitchen. The sunrise and sunsets were beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous and the homemade scones were delicious! I love this place and I definitely will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Absolutely beautiful! The area is quiet, perfect for relaxation. The Office staff and housekeeping were courteous and accommodating, Room/ bathroom very clean, bedding and towels were fresh, and extra pillows and blankets stocked on the closet shelf were useful. The continental breakfast is delightful: an array of homemade fresh scones, packed with a selection of combined fruits, chocolate and nuts, a thoughtful gesture. My son was excited to paddle on the kayaks available for guest while we soaked in the sun. Absolutely perfect for family vacation. We plan to return in November, Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked this and being two 25 year olds we didn't really know what to expect. But WOW we were impressed, it is in paradise! When we arrived we had John greet us and show us too our room (he was just lovely, extremely friendly). The room had everything we needed and was very clean. There are free kayaks to use which is brilliant as so many places charge a fortune for an hour. We went in the kayaks around the bay and saw some manatees close up, it was the highlight of the holiday. On a night a lot of people go down to the beach area which is lovely and peaceful and has a lovely sunset around 8 o'clock. In the morning there are free homemade cookies and tea/coffee for people. The room was fully equipped with a microwave and cutlery and BBQs around the lodges for people to use. This is a place for everyone. There are so many activities available to do in Key Largo that you don't have to stay on site. All the staff are extremely friendly and very helpful for explaining things to do in the area! Staying at Bay Harbor Lodge made our holiday extremely enjoyable and we will be returning!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you are young and full of energy, looking for adventure and noise (so called music now), this is not the place for you. This is the place to escape from things mentioned above. Take your fishing road, they have a nice pier from where you can fish or you can take one of their kayak for free to burn some energy. Tips: you can see manatees or even small sharks at dawn! the efficiencies are clean and the ones with kitchen are loaded with everything you need.

Holly Springs, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Key West. It is a great destination itself. The beach/dock area was peaceful. The landscaping was so tropical and beautiful. We stayed in cottage 9 and it was perfect and very clean. The staff was friendly and a great example of customer service. And the homemade scones and coffee were very flavorful and started the day off right.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Billerica, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of August. I had high expectations since this was our first vacation without children in many years. Bay Harbor Lodge exceeded all of our expectations. We stayed in cottage #3 with is just a few steps from the beach. We had our own patio with a table & umbrella which had an amazing view of the beach & Florida Bay. When we wanted to cool off, we could sit in the living room with the same view. The cottage was clean and comfortable. The furniture was modern and in great shape. The bed was super comfortable! The kitchenette had all the supplies we needed to cook a few meals.

The grounds are well maintained and covered with all kinds of tropical plants, flowers, a palm trees. There are more than enough chairs to soak up the sun. They offer free use of their kayaks and paddle boats. One of the highlights of our trip was going out on the kayak our first morning seeing a dolphin swimming nearby! If you're not familiar with the keys, do not expect a sandy beach. There is a lot of plant life in the water and it is shallow quite a ways out. I did do some snorkeling and saw a great variety of fish. I was hoping to see a manatee, but no such luck. They do have a climate controlled salt water pool on the property which is nice.

The staff was friendly and made sure to accommodate every request we had. The homemade scones each morning were delicious! My only complaint was that they had only had milk and non-dairy powdered creamer for the coffee.....I'm a half & half kind of guy. But hey....that is my only complaint :)

Overall, we had an amazing vacation and are looking forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: Cottages 1 & 3 are right on the water.
Diamondhead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Bay Harbor Lodge is nice with beautiful views. If you are looking for a quiet spot, this is the place for you. It's not fancy, but it had everything we needed. My kids loved the pool and enjoyed the kayaks provided. The scones they set out each morning are fantastic (not hard and dry). I think I tried every flavor. One night a manatee and her calf even came into the little lagoon.

My family of four stayed for three nights at Bay Harbor Lodge in cottage #7. In looking at the website, I thought that #7 would best fit my family's needs since it had a king size bed in the bedroom and a pullout sofa in the living room. While the cottage was nice, we would've been better off in a different room as we hardly had room to move around especially when the sofabed was pulled out. Be sure to pay attention to the layout of each room. I think our cottage would've been better for two people instead of four.

Room Tip: Be sure and pay attention to the room layout. Some layouts will be better than others for families.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bay Harbor Lodge? Share your experiences!