“Great local cafe!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cool, California
“Great local cafe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

This excellent for a local roadside cafe! The ambiance is quaint with a patio as large as the indoor seating area. It's obvious that a lot locals eat here, which is a good sign. I ordered a custom omelette that was great except for the processed cheese...I prefer real cheese. My husband had the Platter and enjoyed his as well. They are dog-friendly here as we'll!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lantana, Florida
“Good breakfast, fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We only had breakfast at this friendly, efficient restaurant. There seemed to be plenty of regular/locals having breakfast here as well. Some of the quickest service, seems to be smsall fmaily restaurant. They do a great job!

Visited February 2013
key largo
“great for locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have had breakfast and lunch here. Very reasonable, large portions quick service. IF you don't want waterfront fancy atmosphere, just good food this is the place.

Visited February 2013
Islandchic22
“A Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I drove by this place for many years and nothing stuck out to me about this place. I finally stopped in to give it a try and was beyound impressed! Their food is fantastic and at a great price. I love their fresh seafood burritos! Their mexican portion of food is much better than any Mexican food restaurant in all of the Keys! Their seafood is very fresh! I would love to try other things there, but everytime I go there, I just cannot pass up the seafood burrito! They also have a variety of spicy sauces so be sure to ask to try them too! I have tasted food from my husband's plate and everything he has gotten has been fantastic as well. Bottom line: The food is better than most of the more popular restaurant, but the location is not as exciting. I believe if they had an ocean or bayfront property, they would become the new hot spot of the Keys! Give this little jewel of a restaurant a try!

Visited December 2012
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Not my favorite but pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As I noted in a couple of other reviews from this trip, there are several breakfast stops in Key Largo, four of which seem to have the biggest local followings. This is one of the four. As I've also noted, the followings seem to argely depend on your geography. However, though Evelyn's was good, it wasn't my favorite.
First the really good. Seating outside is pleasant and really not impacted a lot by the traffic on US1, about 50 yards away, though wind can be a problem. Also service was fast, pleasant and efficient, and the staff has a sense of humor - The couple at the next table was (jokingly?) offered a chance to guess their bill total for a free meal.
I had Huevos Rancheros - their version being 2 eggs over a tortilla filled with refried beans, sausage and cheese, and served with a medium salsa. It was very good, but the wetness of the fillings made the tortilla difficult and messy to cut into. Evelyn's grits were the first I encountered that were a little lumpy, and the OJ was a disappointment. When in Florida, I expect fresh OJ with at least a little pulp. This had no pulp and its freshness was arguable. The coffee was just OK.
Overall, this wouldn't be my first breakfast choice unless it happened to be closest, though I certainly wouldn't avoid the place.

• Visited February 2013