“Great day in the Everglades! We'll be back.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 101 Activities in Key Largo
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Offshore,Deepsea,Reef and Backcountry/Everglades fishing charters.Come fish with us on our 43 ft. custom charter boat and enjoy plenty of cock pit space a giant salon, fly bridge or the tranquility of our 24 ft. Scout Bay Boat. Families welcome. Enjoy a great day with us where you can learn how to catch Sail fish, Dolphin, Tuna, Wahoo, Snapper, Grouper and more. Fishing the Keys Since 1973. Best regards, Capt. George Jr. and Capt. George Sr.
“Great day in the Everglades! We'll be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband, 5 year old son, and I enjoyed our day in the Everglades with Captain George. The highlight was catching the King Mackerel, a rare find for where we were. I hope to share the picture here. Two other trips with Capt. George were canceled due to weather conditions, but we're already planning to return next year and book more days. Capt. George is excellent with children and families, very skilled, knowledgeable and easy going. A very memorable trip, thanks Capt. George!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great fishing trip for the whole family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Capt. George and Andre put us on fish! Based on my daughters suggestion, my wife and I took our three college age daughters out for a 1/2 day of serious fishing on Christmas eve/day. I checked tripadvisor, yelp and asked locals about where to go, and all I heard was positive feedback about Rodeo Fishing.

If you're looking for serious fishing, Rodeo is the place to go. Capt. George knows the waters like the back of his hand and Andre did an amazing job switching from trolling for tuna, dolphin fish and Wahoo; to casting for Yellow Tail and Trigger Fish; to bottom fishing for grouper. Net/net, 10 keeper yellow tail; two black finn, one 20 lb. Bonita and 4 trigger fish. All in the span of 4 hours (see attached pic).

Can't say enough about what a great job Andre did switching lines and bait and keeping a rod in all 5 of our hands. All the while, snagging fish after fish and getting pictures in between with multiple double hooks.

This is a serious fishing boat so plan accordingly; Bonine the day before and 1 hr+ before heading out; bring your own food/drink and appropriate deck shoes so you don't hook a toe or slip around a wet deck.

All in all, a wonderful experience for the whole family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Capt. George and Andre.

Visited December 2013
Niceville
“Cero Mackerel! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Capt George and 1st Mate Andre gave our group a fabulous day. Capt found out early the sailfish weren't biting so he wisely put us on some bottom fishing where we caught Cero Mackerel, yellowtail, shark, grouper, and a bunch of random fish. Great time for all. Caught about 100 fish in 8 hrs. Everyone got to land a Mackerel. Then they cleaned all the fish and Capt George had Todd at the American Legion cook it 3 different ways. Amazing, probably the best fish I've had. Overall exceeded expectations.

Miami, Florida
“A day to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My son Andrew’s Birthday wish was to catch a SHARK. Thanks to Cpt. George, Jr., he did not only catch one SHARK, but THREE (3)! Cpt. George, Jr. is great with kids of all ages, let Andrew sit next to him and ask a thousand questions while he drove. He also made certain his older brother Alexander (16) and Cousin Albert (16) had plenty of fun fishing. This is a day none of us will ever forget!

Visited October 2013
George C, Owner at Rodeo Charters, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Birthday sharks are great. I love kids and have 3 of my own and a kids birthday is that much more important. That being said, I loved watching him fight those toothy critters. I know he'll remember that day, thanks guys.
Bradenton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Great day with capt george.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Our backwater trip was great. George set out for baitfish and with one throw of the cast net he had hundreds of baitfish. Then he set out for the key largo back waters and put us on amix of big jacks, mangrove snapper, lady fish, sea trout blue fish etc. We had some good eating coming for sure. Two days later we headed out again with George sr. And andrei to do some reef fishing. These guys don't give up easy and we had a great day picking up cero mackerel, grouper, trigger, etcetera. Go book with these guys and you will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2013
George C, Owner at Rodeo Charters, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I love when people are able to experience a few types of fishing while they are here. I wish everyone could do it at least once in there life time. Thank you and maybe we can do it again.