“Meh.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Mars Hill, North Carolina
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We came here based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Sadly the ice cream was nothing to write home about. The ice cream was very one note and lacked the richness of flavor you normally get with homemade ice cream. I don't mind it being pricey as long as it is worth it. It wasn't. Savannah's in Marathon is way better.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good ice cream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in and was served delicious ice by a very nice lady. No complaints and i would go back. I had read that the owner was not very nice. We did not have to deal with him.

Visited April 2013
Avon, Ohio
“The owner is one of the rudest people I have ever met”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were told by a local waitress to try this place. When we walked in the owner was standing behind the counter, he asked what would you like? No smile, no "Hi how are you" or any kind of warm welcome. All of our questions were met with short, discourteous answers. When asked which was sweeter the ice cream or gelato he tersly stated that "none of my ice cream is sweet", my son asked for a medium, he replied, " thats alot of ice cream I'll give you a small", when I said that his ice cream came highly recomended trying to diffuse an uncomfortable feeling situation he bitterly stated that "well you were fortunate to have been given such a recomendation". I turned to my wife and kids wondering if I had said something wrong or was misreading his hostile attitiude and they said no I was not, we were completly baffled by his behavior at this point. After I paid he said to me in a threatening tone of voice, "You know I am from Long Island and I have brought tears to the eyes of plenty of tough guys and gangsters in my life" thats when I lost my temper, confronted him on his rude, disrespectful behavior and told him I would be sharing this event with everyone I knew and on the internet. I sort of feel silly berating an Ice Cream man but this was one of the most uncomfortable, hostile and disrespectful situations I have ever experienced at a business establishment while vacationing with my family.

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Best Ice Cream in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you like ice cream, you have to have Mr. C's. great place and good service. Their Coffee ice cream is really really good. They also make the waffles cones on the spot once you place your order.

Visited August 2013
“If you're in the Keys, you MUST go to Mr.C's.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is without a doubt the best ice cream ever made. I'm not exaggerating either. We make it a ritual to visit Mr. C's every time we're in the Jeys. First, Mr. C makes the ice cram from the proverbial scratch with ALL natural ingredients. Sometimes we've just waked in the restaurant when he's finishing a new batch of ice cream and the flavor is incomparable!

The restaurant is very small. Only a few tables and chairs. Yet, the selection is large and the portions VERY generous.

As for Mr. C himself, the man is super nice. The last time we were there we wanted to take ice cream back home (that's how good it is) and he froze 3 containers overnight for us do that we could take a fresh batch home. Does he have a pet peeve? Yes. Badmouthing his ice cream! I've noticed some negative comments about him. All of them involve Mr. C allegedly berrarting people that obviously failed to show him basic courtesy and insulting his product. The reason why he takes the put downs personally is precisely because his product is is LIFE. When you go into the store, you can see multiple newspaper clippings about his life as an ice cream maker and how he basically revolutionized the process of making ice cream. By the way, the papers call him LEGENDARY. So there you have it. Don't leave the keys without going to Mr. C's.

• Visited July 2013