“Gr8 place to spend the night if you don't have a gold card...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99202 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037 (Formerly Key Largo Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 17 hotels in Key Largo
Powell, Tennessee
“Gr8 place to spend the night if you don't have a gold card...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I look always for non-corporate and family owned places to eat and stay on my frequent exploration of the country on my motorcycle. I stayed here last week for a night and it was delightful. It's an old place, likely built in the 50's or 60's but it's been kept up well. It's hidden and off the main hwy so seeing it from the road is nearly impossible. To be honest, the inexpensive price was what got me there but it was a pleasant surprise to meet the owner's son working the front desk and the room was super clean and nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've stayed six nights at the Key Largo Inn. I have had none of the problems other reviewers have mentioned.
Could it use a little cosmetic work? Sure. There's some cracked tiles in the bathroom and the rooms have drop ceilings. But come on! Six nights cost about $460. You just can't beat that.
The place is very clean, the beds are comfortable, and there's abundant hot water for showers. The owner and the woman at the front desk I dealt with were kind enough to let me check in a bit early to my room; after being in the same clothes for thirty hours, I could have kissed them. They were nothing but pleasant and helpful throughout my stay
The Inn is within easy walking distance of several reasonably good restaurants, as well as a Starbucks and Divers Direct, a huge scuba equipment store.
If you're looking for a comfortable stay without a lot of frills for a reasonable price, this is the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Booked a room here thru hotel.com thinking it would be a sufficient place for a late night arrival to keys, before heading to key west in morning. I should have read reviews first but they were shockingly poor. Willing to judge for ourselves we arrived and asked to view a room. We were denied and this made the bad reviews seem true...it seemed they were trying hide something. We left and did not receive a refund. Hotels.com kindly offered partial refund. Bad decision to spend money here.

• Stayed August 2013
experiencedtravlerNe, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
These guests did not register or check in. It's curious they were critical about our rooms, value,
cleanliness, etc without even seeing a room? We do require all guests to register before
giving out a room key. Because we are a complete smoke free facility we do not allow anyone
in a guest room after rooms have been cleaned and inspected except the registered guests.
We have nothing to hide, but everything to care for. If a guest after going to a room decides it is not to their liking, they simply need to return to the front desk in a reasonable time, check out and no charges will be incurred. Our legitimate, unbiased reviews speak for themselves.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked this motel with a package from Scuba fun, a diving spot just across the road. Found it ok and even stayed a night longer, as key largo and the reefs are really beautiful.
The key largo inn is a budget place. I had none of the problems described in other reviews, my room was quite and clean, and it was nice to chat with the owner while having a beer at the bar.

• Stayed July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We woke to a bed riddled w/ 20 native tropical Florida bed bugs at 2:30AM. Exactly 62 bites covering her body. Half asleep moved everything to a new room. No help moving. I witnessed the owner spraying poison directly on the mattress, which seems dangerous, and inadequate. Owner more surprised that we where 2 guests. They charge additional for 2 guests apparently. Then noisy neighbors w/TV pressed against the same wall as our headboard. We told the owner, who knocked twice, then left, and the volume never lowered. I knocked on their door repeatedly with no answer, so I had to return and pound on the wall and yell to "please lower the volume". They shouted back some curse words, but they did lower it. The TV never turned off, and I only occasionally slept by stuffing my ears with toilet paper. This was our 2nd night in the Florida Keys during a two week vacation, and these bed bug bites left spotty welts for the entire duration, and a week after. It is not fun to go to the beach covered in itchy spots that last for 3 weeks, or miss work while recovering after a long vacation. This hotel should be liable for the $100 we spent on anti-itch creams and pills. It is worth mentioning that where they told us to park was a dirt lot adjacent the hotel, which after a heavy rain was flooded becoming a slippery, muddy, puddly mess. Compared with the 10 other hotels we stayed at in the Keys for similar pricing this was by far the worst service, comfort, and cleanliness we experienced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
keylargoinn, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
This is a ridiculous review by a disgruntled guest who was caught defrauding the hotel. Our
property does not have bed bugs and we have regular inspection reports from the State to
prove that fact. This is a slanderous, unfounded and nonfactual review and in fairness should be remove and disregarded.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The guy in the front, is just rude & unpleasant. He kept giving me & my sister cold stares even though we did nothing. My sister thought she saw a dog outside & immediately the guy thought we had a dog ? He even insisted to go outside to "check" if we had dog. Overall the room , I didn't like the bed made me all itchy & when I first entered room it made me wanna leave right away. I had even considered the thought of staying in our car.

• Stayed July 2013
keylargoinn, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Our facilities are safe, clean and comfortable. We have staff available on a 24 hour basis and
are always available to assist our guests. If any guest is not completely satisfied we do everything we can to resolve the situation and never want our guests to leave without a pleasant experience.
If a guest decides they do not want to stay with us, we always offer a cheerful refund and help secure an alternative accommodation that hopefully better matches their expectations. There is no need to have a horrible experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We were driving during a lightening storm from Key West. Found this motel was available on hotels.com & put it into gps. gps took us to wrong place. finally found it. got into reception. owner appeared perturbed to have to greet me. Asked if there was a room still available. He continued to berate me about smoking even though i stated neither of us were smokers. Rude & unpleasant attitude. Told me I had ten minutes to make up my mind as he was closing at 11. I didn't appreciate this. Regardless of the destination this place is a crummy little motel on the side of a road. Arrogance will not sell rooms. We left & stayed elsewhere. Don't entertain his nonsense.

Stayed June 2013
experiencedtravlerNe, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
From the review this guest did not stay at the hotel and had no reservation. Our staff is not rude
but we do follow a strict no smoking policy throughout the property. To ensure the quiet, comfort of all our guests we do close check in at 11 pm. We strive to offer our guests a pleasant , safe and
enjoyable stay and avoid potential guests who might disrupt our existing guests.

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!