“We loved it and are recommending it to everyone” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Largo Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Largo Lodge
You added Largo Lodge to your Saves list
101,740 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Homestead, Florida
“We loved it and are recommending it to everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

After driving by the inviting entrance, we finally made the trip to stay over Memorial Day. The driveway is like going back into time. The hotel is a small boutique style, adults only, very private and quiet. We were fortunate to have the Bayside King room with a great view out to the bay. The clerk was very pleasant and helpful. We bought sandwiches at the local grocery and brought them back to the outdoor seating area and had a quiet dinner and drinks watching the sunset. There is a small swimming area and a place to launch kyaks or canoes. The room was decorated nicely and has a small kitchenette, even the ice trays had been filled for us. We are recommending it to all of our friends for Key Largo visits.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
LARGO_LODGE, Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for the great response, What a pleasure to serve you, Hurry back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

There are three semi attached buildings hidden in the impressive tropical garden - 2 cottages (living room with dining area, the working kitchen, separated from it by partition, a bedroom, and the screened porch) in each building. Inside my cottage #5 were nice touches - bright tropical accents, wicker furniture, clean utensils (pots, pans, glassware). My advice is to keep ALL food inside the fridge or tightly closed - it is Florida!!! Yes, the furniture and appliances are not brand new, some scuffs etc. but the entire atmosphere is cozy, relaxing and inviting. Beds had a nice firmness, not bumpy old/cheap one. Internet was "moody' in the morning (bye-bye the last minute reservations). There are kayaks on the property - I used them to paddle across the bay (keys are in the office 10 to 5) to mangrove jungle, quiet an experience. Supermarket "Publix" is one traffic light to your right. I got some hot food (and cold drink) and enjoyed a ritual of Key West sunset on the private pier. After dark two manatees came to visit.
I will come back next time and I will recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I would go for a cottage, not a room, if possible.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
LARGO_LODGE, Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for your write up, We are so pleased to have very happy guests
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Private, well landscaped, water access, only downside no pool. But cottages accomodated 5 of our family nicely, with a nice kitchenette, two beds & a rollaway plus a little living room and a big screened-in porch. Nice bath. Maybe not the very best, but certainly lovely. Way at the north end of the Keys, say 2 hours down to Key West. Calm, tranquil. Well priced. Lots to do nearby: restaurants, scuba, snorkle, etc. Plus the Pennekamp state park--what could be better?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LARGO_LODGE, General Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Family is the best thing to have, and a nice place to enjoy them.
Thanks for being our guests
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Over the fourth of July weekend. We stayed here as a result of a recommendation of freinds who stayed here many, many years ago. They were worried it would be just a nice as they remembered. WE LOVED IT! My husband and I are picky about hotels, decor, details and truley loved this tropical oasis. Quiet and lush was only partially why we will stay again and also recommend to other (if we want to spread this secret garden paradise). This had lovely old florida furnishings and had art work and accessories you would find at home, and thats how we felt. The people there, Stacy and the young man raking the sand in the morning (my husband loved this detail) were sooo nice and helpful! Stacy helped us with our cooler and was so friendly! The folks in the office helped with restaurants and maps. If I had any suggestion it would be; the sheets were rough, they are a lower thread count and when you have spent time in the sun, it was hard to sleep on not so soft sheets. Also we brought our own coffee and pot, so were glad we did seeing they was a pot in the room but no coffee. You can not beat the views, quite and the very well maintened property. Their eye for beautiful plants and upkeep do not go un-noticed. Your orchids are beautiful, and I loved the raccoon figurine by the fountain! We will come back soon and see you. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
LARGO_LODGE, Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
I would like to Thank You, for taking the time to write this great review. I enjoy when our guests notice the detail, not only in the rooms, but the grounds and waterfront also.

I will go and check out our sheets, and see about an upgrade. Thanks for the feedback.
Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My son and I stayed here for a week and were amazed at how beautiful Largo Lodge is in person. It is one of the few places I've ever been that is actually better then the pictures. The cottage we stayed in was modern, very clean and perfect for our needs. Everyone we met from the owners to the other guest made us feel welcome, it felt like we were coming home after busy days on the keys and in South Florida. If you want room service and spas and the like this is not the place for you. If your looking for privacy, tranqulity and just amazing surroundings then come here. And yes, the sunsets are amazing. I would go back in a second.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
LARGO_LODGE, Front Office Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
It is so rewarding when our guests write to say that they enjoyed their stay.
Thank you for taking the time, and we look forward to your next visit.
North Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Our rooms shower was backed up and smelled horrible. When mentioned they shrugged their shoulders and did not care. They offered no refund compensation or help. We wondered why we had to pay for all days upfront , not just one night. They must have a high frequency of refund requests to warrant that.

Room Tip: See the room and check the plumbing before paying.
Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
LARGO_LODGE, General Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Hello
I am very confused, when you checked out, and we asked how your stay was, you didn';t say that there was a problem, but did tell us you left your I Pod out on the end of the dock, and did anyone turn it in. We called you twice over the next few days, and we were happy to report, that we found your I Pod.
You finally called and were really upset that it was our policy to send lost and found items postage collect.You said to send with a .44 cent stamp. The Post Office will not send a I Pod in a regular envelope. When you said you would refuse a COD, you then said that your tolet was backed up, and you unpluged it, and the least we could do was to spend the.44 cents.
So, I put in a padded envelope and sent to you, all under $4.00
Now you are talking about a shower back up. I asked the desk clerk, and the maid, and no one remembers you telling them you had a problem. I am sorry for your inconvenience. Please in the future,give us the opportunity to make it right.
When our guests check in, they are usually happy to settle up front, and then they are finished with the front desk. We have no extra charges, and they do not need to come back to the office to check out.
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Beautiful get away spot, clean spacious rooms, the grounds are just gorgeous, love the resident birds and the iguanas. I will definately be back, hopefully soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
LARGO_LODGE, Manager at Largo Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
We love a happy guest,all of our staff thanks you.

Been to Largo Lodge? Share your experiences!