“Nice Place for a Family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Up To 20% Off Resorts
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Key Largo
Boca Raton, Florida
“Nice Place for a Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I had won a two-night stay at the Key Largo Bay Resort and went with our two-year old daughter. The reservation was booked at a different hotel but the front desk staff was extremely helpful in getting everything switched over while also splitting the difference for an upgraded suite.

The suites are ridiculous! Most suites i've been too have one room and one common area. This place had two separate bedrooms with a full kitchen overlooking the water. It was clean and fantastic.

The pool was great and very kid friendly and I spent most of my time there with daughter. All of the staff was extremely courteous. My only complaint (and it's not much of one) would be that the beach area was kinda small but since we went on a weekday it wasn't terribly busy and there was always plenty of seating.

1,018 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The front desk didn't offer help getting our luggage up and upon check in I requested some extra pillows even though it's listed under preferences in my rewards account. I knew they wouldn't be in there because they never are at any property!!! After coming back from swimming with the dolphins (3hrs) we still didn't have our pillows so I had to call again and repeat my request. The breakfast buffet was overpriced but good and we rented jet skis which was ok but a pretty limited area to ride in. Our bay front room was blocked by a huge building housing the onsite restaurant. Only stayed one night but don't think we will again unless its a great rate.

Room Tip: Something not blocked by the building!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a good time, low key hotel, Free internet, great location. People friendly. Enough said. BTW, Starbucks 4.2 miles south double plus for ease to get there. Really cool pool on site, a must do. Gus' restaurant is a $17 breakfast, thus use Starbucks. Didn't eat there but once, it was good but way over priced, dive shop on site will be in a separate review.

Room Tip: 1st floor is actually second but hey, it was a good view and we actually saw a water spout this trip...
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As a dedicated Marriott girl, I was thrilled to find that I could stop here on the way back from 4 nights in Key West. However, that thrill was gone after checking in here. Beautiful lobby, beautiful grounds and then it went downhill. Resort? Not in my book. Yes, they may have the nice amenities and the pool area is lovely but the rooms are seriously lacking. They look like the woman who's had one too many facelifts. Dated and painted. And the noise - you could hear through the walls, everything in the hallways, traffic on the road (and we were not on that side of the building!). The carpet is atrocious, the bathroom beyond awful. The only saving grace was a comfortable bed but it was difficult to sleep. Why? Because the air conditioner DID NOT WORK! It was 77 degrees in the room, the thermostat was set at 72 and the air did not kick on all night. Needless to say, we will not be staying there next year when we head back to the keys. So not worth the price we paid!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As there are many both positive and negative reviews about this resort, I had some doubts before booking. Must say that both me and my wife, we were very nicely surprised by how clean, comfortable and relaxing this place was. Tall fancy bed, marble shower, decent balcony furniture. Bar at the pool was relatively expensive, but this might be relative to non US Caribbean locations. On site restaurant was decent quality and pricey too. Kayak and jetski rental place is onsite and as all resort ammenities very convenient. In addition to the one onsite, there are many scuba and snorkeling shops in vicinity. Overall almost perfect place for us, me scuba diving and jetskiing and my wife reading books in hammock while sipping on a drink. Highly recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Balcony, high floor. More expensive but definitely worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have to say that this is the best experience that I have had as a diver, fisherman, connoisseur of fine wine and food, and beach bum while in the keys. There is a dive shop and fishing charter services at the resort. Not only did the service providers exceed my expectations at the resort, they also sent me "off resort" to make my vacation better. Capt. Tony "the lyin Hawaiian" does inshore charters at the resort, however I wanted to have a deep sea experience catching Mahi Mahi (we limited out), so he referred me to Capt Greg who also has a sign at the resort dock. I know that it is hard to find a good staff in the keys, but this resort managed to do so. Chef Scott at Gus' Grille made my trip, as I mentioned we chartered and caught lots of fish. The staff at Gus' Grille ensured that my catch was frozen for me to take home and I asked if we could eat some of our fish at the Restaurant. Absolutely was the reply! Then Chef Scott walked out of the kitchen to inspect the 60+ pounds of fish in our cooler, asked how I would like my catch prepared. I in turn asked him how he would choose to have each type of fish prepared if he was the one dining. After our conversation, he presented my daughter and I with the most amazing meal I have had in my 19 years of visiting the keys. I asked him to prepare the Blackfin Tuna we caught that day, it was seasoned and seared perfectly with 3 Asian dipping sauces and a side of coconut rice! The texture, temperature and taste of the fish was perfect! This was a fantastic trip and we will be back (maybe soon). I cannot recommend this resort highly enough!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stephan at pool bar took great care of us. I'm kicking back waiting to check in and he and the young lady working with him, helped my family relax and forget our worries, well past check in time now, and the check in process will have to wait. Relaxing poolside. What a way to kick off the vacation! Kudos

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!